What's new

Blood of Indians on Iran's hands

Yes, maybe you are right. Just that there is so much we do not know. Under sea rescue operations are never easy. After all the Kursk died in 100 meters of water off the coast of Russia in the middle of a Russian Navy exercise with the whole Russian Northern Fleet present within hailing distance. We have to develop these capabilities ourselves without depending on others to save our @sses.

I heard that Kursk could have been saved if the Norwegians were allowed in, but Russian pride got kursk crew killed.

We should have got Americans (they are just in Bahrain) and negotiated with Iranians to let USN in.

For the Indians:Don't jump to assumptions.They also lost a number of Iranians and a Ukranian,so it was clearly an unbiased disaster which you and they equally regret.Like Veeru said don't ruin good developing relations b/w India and Iran.

The incident happened on Thursday.

A search team was send and rescue team was also send.

A group of 40 divers resumed the rescue operation on Saturday morning too.

yasaman.hashemi20111021063434030.jpg

They rescued 40 men including Indians on board.

But some were trapped in pressurized diving chambers and couldnt be rescued due to the depth of 73 meters which is hard even for scuba divers. The rescuers were on the assumption that people in chambers would be safe as 48 hours of oxygen was present inside.

To make a huge cry on this unfortunate incident is not needed when bigger problems are existing. the bridge collapse and 32 dead for instance.

Every life is valuable be it divers or a common man. Commenting without knowing the incident is a futile exercise.

chalte he attitude yar -- again. Not being informed of the fact that there is difference between those rescued 5 days above sea and those left to die after 72 hrs below sea. Excuse making janta at best. stop posting the same news without reading it. you are too concerned about India's image rather the lives of indians. thats as clear as daylight...

bringing other issues like bridge collapse into a topic is the classic menatility of saying " but look there , why are not commenting about something different than the topic at hand". I have not even read that article because I'm pissed about this one...when I do read it I will comment about it. Now kindly go play cheerleader elsewhere

I heard that Kursk could have been saved if the Norwegians were allowed in, but Russian pride got kursk crew killed.

We should have got Americans (they are just in Bahrain) and negotiated with Iranians to let USN in.

Most of the crew of the Kursk died within minutes of the torpedo explosions. Perhaps, some of those who were in the rear most compartment could have been saved, they did manage to survive for a few days it appears.

chalte he attitude yar -- again. Not being informed of the fact that there is difference between those rescused 5 days above sea and those left to die after 72 hrs below sea. Excuse making janta at best. stop posting the same news without read it. you are too concrened about India's image rather the lives of indians. thats as clear as daylight...

Its not 5 days but 3 days..

Thursday - ship sinks
Friday -search and rescue.
Saturday- continues for deep sea
Sunday -confirmation.

I have already told you i do have concern , i will repeat them once again.

14 persons die every hour in road accidents in India. I am more concerned about road safety and its conditions . Cause this can be avoided but accidents like that on high seas depends on accessibility and expertise we are not aware of .

To make a huge cry on this incident is not needed. Hundreds die every now and then due to lack of government's failure on maintainence, railways for example.

We have plenty to worry about, this incident is also a part of that. All lives are precious be a diver or a common commuter.

To make a huge cry on this unfortunate incident is not needed when bigger problems are existing. the bridge collapse and 32 dead for instance.

I think thats the tragedy of being Indian..somebody always have a bigger problem than yours.

You have your home robbed...Not a biggie, there is a double homicide to solve
Govt employee is asking bribe...No Problem, we have bigger 2g scam to solve.
Work Pressure..Atleast you have a job
Study Pressure..Quit complaining, many kids in India are studying under street light

the 6 indians were the only ones in the capsule, rest were from 5 days ago that drowned from the ship sinking. had those divers been americans - they would jumped over mountains to save them. why? because they demand that level of attention. while asians in the middle east ( shoot anywhere) are looked up as 2nd class because their own govt.s have a callous attitude and honestly the people themsleves do too.

Jay - I think its truely sad. I am in complete agreement with you. If they had been American their would have been international teams out rescuing. I feel for the lost lives and also the loved ones that they were probably the bread earners for. Real real sad.

I think thats the tragedy of being Indian..somebody always have a bigger problem than yours.

You have your home robbed...Not a biggie, there is a double homicide to solve
Govt employee is asking bribe...No Problem, we have bigger 2g scam to solve.

So what are u suggesting, Iranians ignored the safety of people ( own and other nationals) who were working for a joint project.

Sorry my common sense doesnt allow me to believe that bull sh!t.

It is a pity those guys could not be saved. Condolence to the families who lost loved ones of all nationalities. I think the thread has run its course.

So what are u suggesting, Iranians ignored the safety of people ( own and other nationals) who were working for a joint project.

Sorry my common sense doesnt allow me to believe that bull sh!t.

It seems so

Ok here is a summary.

Six divers dead after sunken ship's chamber runs out of oxygen

Six Indian divers entombed in a sunken ship’s pressurised chamber had been confirmed dead after they apparently ran out of oxygen 15 miles off the Iranian port of Assaloyeh, Indian diplomats and rescuers told XPRESS

Dubai: Six Indian divers entombed in a sunken ship’s pressurised chamber had been confirmed dead after they apparently ran out of oxygen 15 miles off the Iranian port of Assaloyeh, Indian diplomats and rescuers told XPRESS.

The chamber was bolted onto a ship which sank 72 metres in rough waters off Iran on Thursday night.

A spokesperson for Dulam International, the Dubai diving company that helped in the rescue effort, has confirmed they dispatched The Providence rescue vessel, following a distress call from the owners of the Koosha 1.

The Dulam spokesperson said: “We received a call late on Thursday night … our rescue ship was about 20 hours from the site at the time.”

Koosha 1, which was involved in installing an underwater oil pipeline, had 73 people on board - of whom 60 had been rescued earlier.

An official at Mumbai's Adsun Offshore, the Indian company that had employed the divers, told XPRESS they trying to repatriate the bodies.

“It’s our top priority at the moment,” said the official declining to give further details.

C.B. George, Deputy Chief of Mission at the Indian Embassy in Tehran, told XPRESS by phone that the consul general in Bander Abbas and two other officials had been rushed to the rescue site.

“They have been there since yesterday and are co-ordinating with the Iranian authorities and families of the divers.”
Fifteen rescued, seven could not be traced

“Fifteen Indians were rescued yesterday (Saturday). Seven others could not be traced in the chamber or outside. We are hearing from company sources and those involved in the rescue efforts that six of them are dead. We are awaiting a confirmation from the Iranian authorities.”

The fate of the other missing divers - five Iranians and one Ukrainian –- remains unclear.

The Indian divers were trapped inside the pressurised chamber bolted to the Koosha 1’s deck when the ship capsized.

Oxygen supply

Their oxygen supply was only believed to have lasted for two days, or until around Saturday afternoon.

“We have responded to an emergency, as anyone would do. The distress call was made when weather was very bad. When the emergency took place, we encountered four to five-metre waves; and 30 knot wind speeds,” said the spokesperson of Dulam, whose diving support vessel

The Providence is equipped with a diving vessel and saturation vessel.

An Iranian official in charge of the rescue operation was quoted by the IRNA news agency as saying that the bodies of the Indian divers have been recovered.

Koosha 1 sailed from the offshore oil rigs in the Arabian Gulf to Iran's southern Assaloyeh Port but suddenly sank 15 miles off Assaloyeh.

Located some 270km southeast of the provincial capital of Bushehr, Assaloyeh is one of the largest known natural gas fields in the world.

gulfnews : Six divers dead after sunken ship's chamber runs out of oxygen

---------- Post added at 01:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 AM ----------

It seems so

read the article and u decide.

RIP Guys I doubt that iranians would not have done everything possible to rescue these poor souls. Lets not always look to blame.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom