What's new

Two PLA 053 frigates were resold to the Bangladesh navy

I meant with that price tag 100-120 without upgrading them now if you want to upgrade you have to add the same amount of money to make them lethal that bring the total cost to a quarter billion since new radars and other systems like ciws that's what I meant.
How would you know same amount of money is needed to do the upgrade? Chinese weapon sales do not operate like Russian or Western. They charge very competitive prices for their military export. I can be sure Bangladesh military did their homework well before making any purchase.

The Russian are very famous for charging exorbitant prices for upgrading while after sales support is very bad.

How would you know same amount of money is needed to do the upgrade? Chinese weapon sales do not operate like Russian or Western. They charge very competitive prices for their military export. I can be sure Bangladesh military did their homework well before making any purchase.

The Russian are very famous for charging exorbitant prices for upgrading while after sales support is very bad.
I don't know its all speculation even the cost that thrown here is a mere speculation but new systems yes they're expensive although I know chinese present cheaper price but still this is a ship and to upgrade it to a lethal level needs some cash.

these two ships will be upgraded by naval kronos radar..
27355784_10204128777615852_3373948535943312802_o (1).jpg

BNS osman ..

http://www.leonardocompany.com/en/-/kronos-naval

Of course they will be!
China will certainly garantee the level of the so called two warships combat capacities!
PLA 053 will still serve the interests of the Bangladeshi Navy and the people of Bangladesh. China will also continue to be a firm friend to Bangladesh. China will not allow Bangladesh to be invaded by any country.

100-120 million per ship i guess..o_Oo_O
I guess only 80 millions USD.
the newly upgraded equpments are the most expensive.
Warship body are quite cheap for sure.

Last edited:
How are Bangladeshi shipyards doing on the military side? I only know about the civilian side doing well, but any military activity I know about is British era stuff.

How are Bangladeshi shipyards doing on the military side? I only know about the civilian side doing well, but any military activity I know about is British era stuff.
The technical and material requirements for the construction of large warships are very high. Even in the current position, only a few countries can build high-quality warships of 5,000 tons or 10,000 tons or above.

In addition to China, mainly developed countries in Europe and America, even Russia, once a military superpower, has begun to fall behind the times in the construction of warships.

The first Type-053h3 frigate for Bangladesh Navy with penant number F-16 (ex:522) seen here after its paintjob was finished(DTB)

70600893_487859578458416_6865773357464289280_o.jpg

Back
Top Bottom