What's new

Turkish Defence Industry Exports & Updates

With current abilities and matured platforms, Turkey rank itself level 3-4 player in terms of geopolitic events which is directly connected with the strength of defence industry&armed forces. It is predicted to be risen with ongoing projects such as Altay, TF-2000, I class, Long range radars, Hisar family, Mızrak Family, SOM/Gezgin...etc

league%204.jpg

In accordance with official percpective of Turkey:

-The countries that is able to produce following tools, have potential of being a global player.
Laser guns, Satellites, long range missiles, UAV's, Aircrafts and Aircraft carriers

-The countries that is able to produce following tools, are considered as having potantial of being a regional player.

-Tanks, Artillery, APC, Warships, radars and SAM's...etc

MKEK’s Exports to Sky Rocket by 45-50% for 2015
Defence Turkey

o9MRl2.png
they still suck monkey balls... only creative product they've ever come up with is the JNG-90.

All Turkish firearm companies put together wouldn't make a kel-tec in my opinion.
Every weapon they make is a completely new design and completely unique if not revolutionary.
When I look at kel-tec products I see passion, I see brilliance.

When I look at Turkish products I see uninspired clones.

Last edited:
they still suck monkey balls... only creative product they've ever come up with is the JNG-90.

All Turkish firearm companies put together wouldn't make a kel-tec in my opinion.
Every weapon they make is a completely new design and completely unique if not revolutionary.
When I look at kel-tec products I see passion, I see brilliance.

When I look at Turkish products I see uninspired clones.

Well of course not, Kel-Tec is based in a country where almost any citizen can purchase a rifle or pistol off the shelf, HELL! US citizens can even manufacture their own firearms in their garage without any legal consequences. That gives them a bigger market to entice with firearms. In Turkey you have to jump over multiple obstacles to get a license and once you're done you have to pay twice as much (sometimes even more) for the same firearm US citizens buy. So, naturally US firearms companies with a bigger market will have more incentives to develop firearms and continue to 'innovate' (innovate i will pose as a loose term, since there isn't much innovation left in firearms development beside materials used and ammunition development)

Well of course not, Kel-Tec is based in a country where almost any citizen can purchase a rifle or pistol off the shelf, HELL! US citizens can even manufacture their own firearms in their garage without any legal consequences. That gives them a bigger market to entice with firearms. In Turkey you have to jump over multiple obstacles to get a license and once you're done you have to pay twice as much (sometimes even more) for the same firearm US citizens buy. So, naturally US firearms companies with a bigger market will have more incentives to develop firearms and continue to 'innovate' (innovate i will pose as a loose term, since there isn't much innovation left in firearms development beside materials used and ammunition development)
your poor excuse to defend MKEK's and other Turkish firearm companies' incompetence has been noted bro

and it's really, REALLY a poor excuse
our geographical distance to US arms market is really irrelevant
a lot of successful firearm companies operating in the US are based in Europe

FN, H&K, Steyr, Glock, Walther... I can go on.

DICON (Nigerian version of MKEK) could produce clones aswell...
in a world where people can print weapons off 3D printers...
it's not the production power that matters.

It's the ideas that matter, and we have none.

your poor excuse to defend MKEK's and other Turkish firearm companies' incompetence has been noted bro

and it's really, REALLY a poor excuse
our geographical distance to US arms market is really irrelevant
a lot of successful firearm companies operating in the US are based in Europe

FN, H&K, Steyr, Glock, Walther... I can go on.

DICON (Nigerian version of MKEK) could produce clones aswell...
in a world where people can print weapons off 3D printers...
it's not the production power that matters.

It's the ideas that matter, and we have none.

FN, H&K, Steyr, Glock, Walther. IMI (keep going on if you wish) all have setup manufacturing facilities in their main market (USA), they have teams of engineers in the US catering for them. I'm not saying Turkish small arms companies haven't tried, sarsilmaz tried and failed. Geography and gun laws matter.

FN, H&K, Steyr, Glock, Walther. IMI (keep going on if you wish) all have setup manufacturing facilities in their main market (USA), they have teams of engineers in the US catering for them. I'm not saying Turkish small arms companies haven't tried, sarsilmaz tried and failed. Geography and gun laws matter.
Yeah, I know they have facilities in the USA... but that's more about logistics.

It's no excuse for not being innovative. If Sarsılmaz was innovative enough and had it not been the case that all of their pistols were uninspired clones they would stand out from the crowd and sell enough guns that it'd make it feasible to open a factory in there.

It's not like they don't have money. Turkish firearms companies often brag how big they are for crying out loud. They have the resources and the proper government permissions to do anything they want.

They are just incompetent.

Only time I was pleasantly surprised was UTS-15... and even then I got disappointed shortly after.
Only goddamn time innovaiton was there, production quality wasn't :lol:

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom