What's new

Saudi Arabia, Egypt hold Riyadh summit to strengthen ties

This is pretty much what happened in Egypt, except it wasn't the illiterate or uneducated. It was in fact, the educated youth that was empowered by social media and it's tremendous ability to organize and especially, recruit. The others followed suit. That access you mentioned was exactly the driving force behind the movement.

The sad part of all this, as it pertains to Egypt, is that we really are back in the same exact position we were, pre-2011. Sissi is really no different than Mubarak. He's actually much more powerful and certainly much more untouchable because of his strong, military affiliation and now even stronger with this unwavering support from the current POTUS which he brilliantly cultivated pre-US elections. He even played both cards perfectly. Hillary was being lured with a the same bait on a different fishing rod in that Sissi brilliancy just to cover himself either way. How powerful is this guy who's softly spoken and smiles so handsomely and portrays this likeable personality behind a relatively ruthless interior? We blew a huge opportunity.

The other "shady" force behind the revolution was the US' back-channel support of the main, movement group. I mention that because this is actually a critical factor in legitimizing these autocratic ruling parties while that same power pretends to be the champions of democracy. Hypocrisy at its highest level. It doesn't make sense on paper because it seems like the opposite should happen when you hear the US is funding a civilian, revolutionary group looking to overthrow these dictators and promote democracy while at the same time, that ever so powerful entity supports those very dictators with lots of $ to keep them in favor. The Obama administration was quite transparent in this two-faced approach. First impression is "it's unbelievable" but it really isn't surprising. The fact is, this most powerful entity is better off with theocratic regimes because it can easily control them with much less difficulty than the alternative. It's the truly, democratically elected entities that are much harder to regulate but this power needs to be seen as if it supports the democratic values it cherishes and brags about and pretends to impose on others, or forcibly tries like it did in one very well known example.

As a result, despite Pan Arabism being essential for the Arab world to create strength and prosperity with unity, the internal divide within nations (particularly Egypt) and their ruling parties enhances the divide between Arab people as well. Guess what, Sharif, social media is also to blame for this, to a certain extent. Funny how it goes around in one big cycle.

I love your optimistic view and standpoint, but I'm afraid I see it from a much more pessimistic point of view and only see more divide in the years ahead between the peoples, while the rulers will have no choice but to do the opposite and become friends, for their common good and only that. The newer the generation, the more difficult it will be to hold on to Pan-Arabism. I hope I'm wrong, but forgive my dismal candor. :-)
Pan-Arabism restructured correctly will become known as inter-Arabism, I will explain it first as a word, getting rid of the old word, will erase some bad memories it had created both in Arab minds as well as some foreign nations and entities.. this should be a Media job all over the Arab world, by the same token the new concrete concept of Inter-Arabism should be outlayed as an economics concept/project first and foremost.. that will be the heart and engine of All Arab nations economies and hence mutually beneficial to all Arabs, it should be based on complementarity in the Industrial production, Commercial projects and Services in the so many different fields that need them.. the belief in this project should be reinforced in the masses thinking by the media and encourages the participation of the common people by letting them know about all the aspects of its microeconomics and the macro ones too, the authorities should open the doors and facilitate grants to stimulate it..The rest are already ground realities and solid facts, like language, culture, way of life and so on.. This is not asking for the moon, this is very realistic and not so difficult to implement, the main effort should be concentrated on planning, organization and coordination of the project throughout the Arab world..It is all at hand..

I was hopeing of Egyptians / Saudis can review the map below bring in Turkey also for closer discussion, quite popular in certain segments of Biblical studies

• This is what Israel plans to take
imag026.gif

Seems like this is quite popular with certain Biblical segments :smart:

And the other portion of Iraq/ Syria has been segmented for Gift to Kurds including much of Turkey

This is what Kurds are planning to take (Turkey / Iraq / Kuwait)
Kurdistan_project_en_2.png

With some illecit weapon supply from Georgia / Armenia

If you don't believe me search online for Biblical promised land for Israel on Google and Kurdish Land map and you will see they don't intersect much , and as part of greater scheme of things seems like a planned process being executed

• Growth of Kurd with weapon supply
  • Israel slowly making move for Syrian lands

pope_5-640x475.jpg

Just saying when pope starts to worship the Jewish wall you know something is cooking

pope-francis-prays-at-the-western-wall-the-holiest-place-wh.jpeg

I was pretty solid that Christians don't worship any wall

Obviously the person infront of public, this is generally the view I am more used to a man, a across and person is very attached to it
pope-francis-pallium.jpg

Sorry just discovered these facinating pictures thought they were quite interesting

But on higher level I just had 1 question and that was why is it that the present world crisis seems to resemble some of the claimed areas in new Israel . All these ares are under some form of turmoil

Last edited:
Well I am not personally familiar with Aya Hijazi's point of view as there is generally one point of view on net. Not clearly aware of her charges from origional investigation point of view
On why she was actually in prison?

Typically there is almost 0% coverage of Middle east internal stories on prominent news papers unless it is burried on tenth page on a single line. Unless something highly negative

Just suprised she could not travel in general transport plane but she was immediately flown out on a military plane , must be a prominent person

Only someone aware of local stories might be able to shed light on her problems from local point of view

Her mention on the thread about regional issues , is a bit odd as her case appears to be case of some social worker in Eyptian side

I just find it interesting regionally while there is suppose to be this "group" active who every one is against , however the real people expanding their borders and influence are generally not that particular group

Last edited:
Pan-Arabism restructured correctly will become known as inter-Arabism, I will explain it first as a word, getting rid of the old word, will erase some bad memories it had created both in Arab minds as well as some foreign nations and entities.. this should be a Media job all over the Arab world, by the same token the new concrete concept of Inter-Arabism should be outlayed as an economics concept/project first and foremost.. that will be the heart and engine of All Arab nations economies and hence mutually beneficial to all Arabs, it should be based on complementarity in the Industrial production, Commercial projects and Services in the so many different fields that need them.. the belief in this project should be reinforced in the masses thinking by the media and encourages the participation of the common people by letting them know about all the aspects of its microeconomics and the macro ones too, the authorities should open the doors and facilitate grants to stimulate it..The rest are already ground realities and solid facts, like language, culture, way of life and so on.. This is not asking for the moon, this is very realistic and not so difficult to implement, the main effort should be concentrated on planning, organization and coordination of the project throughout the Arab world..It is all at hand..

Love it. Strengthening ties with summits and creating economic programs is perfectly fine, and is something that is already a ground reality, to some extent. I just think the concept of any form of "Arabism" or Arab unity through these programs is much more difficult to achieve.

I went into detail about the Egyptian revolution because it highlighted what really brought the Arab people together and is much stronger (perhaps more important?) than any other form of unity and that was the struggle against tyranny. In a very strong way, the Egyptian revolution resurrected a new sense of Pan-Arabism, but it was based on the struggle for social justice and freedom. Support for the Egyptian people across the Arab populace was on an unprecedented level. If these leaders are still perceived as oppressive by a large percentage of people, how realistic would supporting their programs be? Even if it's for the common good of the Arab people, there will always be some objection and distrust IMO. Doesn't mean they shouldn't try. :-)

Can I ask how is the Saudi monarchy currently viewed by the majority of Saudis? Taking the lead in a summit like this is indicative of how well they know about creating helpful and successful programs. The fact that it was stable throughout and post Arab spring is no coincidence, but I'm genuinely curious as to its overall support by its people?

Love it. Strengthening ties with summits and creating economic programs is perfectly fine, and is something that is already a ground reality, to some extent. I just think the concept of any form of "Arabism" or Arab unity through these programs is much more difficult to achieve.

I went into detail about the Egyptian revolution because it highlighted what really brought the Arab people together and is much stronger (perhaps more important?) than any other form of unity and that was the struggle against tyranny. In a very strong way, the Egyptian revolution resurrected a new sense of Pan-Arabism, but it was based on the struggle for social justice and freedom. Support for the Egyptian people across the Arab populace was on an unprecedented level. If these leaders are still perceived as oppressive by a large percentage of people, how realistic would supporting their programs be? Even if it's for the common good of the Arab people, there will always be some objection and distrust IMO. Doesn't mean they shouldn't try. :-)

Can I ask how is the Saudi monarchy currently viewed by the majority of Saudis? Taking the lead in a summit like this is indicative of how well they know about creating helpful and successful programs. The fact that it was stable throughout and post Arab spring is no coincidence, but I'm genuinely curious as to its overall support by its people?

We can for sure skip the term Arabism, my coined term was just an example, we can call it MENAEU (Middle East North African Economic Union) or something else..the Idea is to have a sort of an Economic Union throughout the Arab world that will transcend any political system in the Area and push towards economics reforms..

True.. The Arab spring revolutions in different parts of the Arab world are another face to the commonality in a common vision for a future based on democracy and deep social, political, economic and cultural reforms.. it is a good sign that an inter-Arab progressive current exists and is driving the changes we are witnessing now..

As far as I know The KSA regime is backed by the majority of Saudis to a large extent.. but @Sharif al-Hijaz might know better since he lives there and should know the situation better..

Last edited:
The only "issue" was apparently created when Egypt went against the Arab coalition current in the UN and voted for the Russian proposal, but still, Egypt also voted for the French proposal.. none of them went through anyway, but it was a smart move by Egypt to stand with its major strategic partners who are supplying the Egyptian armed forces with the best weapons they have.. and partnership in many mega projects like the Nuclear power plant with Russia..Strategic satellites with both France and Russia as well as ToT for the Gowind from France..All this while not harming the Arab coalition in anyway.. Then came the news of KSA's ARAMCO cutting the Oil supply to Egypt (although it was announced in the news that that would be for a limited time 3 months to be precise..).. but both these two events have created some kind of ego sabre rattling in the media of both KSA and Egypt, a real bitter war of words that can be seen on Arab forums and media outlets.. I personally thought nothing of it and knew that the strategic partnership between Egypt and the GCC in general and KSA in particular was and is very deep and of paramount importance to both sides..There might be differences in opinion, but there is no conflict of interests.. Hence these news that were expected are coming to the surface again.. good news indeed that are starting to heal those emotional scars and hype created by the media..

I was hopeing of Egyptians / Saudis can review the map below bring in Turkey also for closer discussion, quite popular in certain segments of Biblical studies

• This is what Israel plans to take
imag026.gif

Seems like this is quite popular with certain Biblical segments :smart:

And the other portion of Iraq/ Syria has been segmented for Gift to Kurds including much of Turkey

This is what Kurds are planning to take (Turkey / Iraq / Kuwait)
Kurdistan_project_en_2.png

With some illecit weapon supply from Georgia / Armenia

If you don't believe me search online for Biblical promised land for Israel on Google and Kurdish Land map and you will see they don't intersect much , and as part of greater scheme of things seems like a planned process being executed

• Growth of Kurd with weapon supply
  • Israel slowly making move for Syrian lands

pope_5-640x475.jpg

Just saying when pope starts to worship the Jewish wall you know something is cooking

pope-francis-prays-at-the-western-wall-the-holiest-place-wh.jpeg

I was pretty solid that Christians don't worship any wall

Obviously the person infront of public, this is generally the view I am more used to a man, a across and person is very attached to it
pope-francis-pallium.jpg

Sorry just discovered these facinating pictures thought they were quite interesting

But on higher level I just had 1 question and that was why is it that the present world crisis seems to resemble some of the claimed areas in new Israel . All these ares are under some form of turmoil

Christian Zionism: The Heresy that Undermines Middle East Peace
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article35747.htm
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article35747.htm

@Gomig-21 @The SC @Amun

Well put brothers and this is also more or less what I had in mind which is also very realistic and something that will probably occur in our lifetimes.

SAUDI ARABIA
Saudi Cabinet throws its support for inter-Arab investments
Arab News | Published — Tuesday 25 April 2017
900081-838048902.jpg

King Salman chairs the Cabinet meeting in Riyadh on Monday. (SPA)

RIYADH: The Cabinet on Monday threw its support to the Arab finance ministers in their call for diversification of income sources and to promote inter-Arab investments during their meeting in Rabat.
The Cabinet also gave their support for the finance ministers’ urging to improve the regional business environment, enhance regional economic integration and attract foreign investments.
The Cabinet’s endorsement occurred during its regular weekly meeting presided over by King Salman at Al-Yamamah Palace.
Members also focused on the Kingdom’s permanent position at the UN Security Council in its support to the Palestinian people to obtain their rights including self-determination and the establishment of an independent Palestinian state on the occupied Palestine lands, including Al-Quds, in accordance with the UN Charter and its resolutions. They also formally recalled for the record the Kingdom’s call for the Israeli withdrawal from all occupied Arab lands and to stop building settlements on the Palestinian lands since they are illegal settlements and detrimental to peace.
In other matters, the Cabinet expressed Kingdom’s thanks to the Iraqi government for its efforts in releasing the kidnapped Qataris and two Saudis.
Cabinet members also expressed the Kingdom’s strong condemnation of the terror attacks at a military base in Afghanistan, which resulted in a number of deaths and injuries, and another one that killed a police officer in Paris.
Locally, the Cabinet expressed thanks and appreciation to King Salman for issuing royal decrees on the new appointments in a number of government agencies.
The Cabinet said the restoration of the suspended or canceled financial allowances for civil servants and military personnel, based on the recommendation of deputy crown prince, demonstrated the king’s willingness to care for the public.
The king expressed thanks and appreciation to former officials for welcoming the newly-appointed officials.
The Cabinet also lauded the king’s directives on the establishment of the national security center and the payment of two months’ salary for participants in the frontlines of the “decisive storm” and “restoration of hope” operations of the personnel of the ministries of interior, defense, national guard and public intelligence.
The Cabinet also praised the king’s decision on ending exams of the second term for general and higher education before the start of the holy month of Ramadan. The decision, the Cabinet said, showed cohesion between the leadership and citizens.
Later, the Cabinet approved a series of decisions.
The Cabinet approved a memo of understanding between the ministries of health of Saudi Arabia and South Korea for cooperation in the health areas.
The Cabinet authorized the minister of labor and social development to discuss with the South Africa a draft memo of understanding on labor issues between two countries.
The Cabinet authorized the minister of transport and board chairman of the General Authority of Civil Aviation (GACA) to sign two draft agreements between Saudi Arabia and the governments of Benin and Djibouti in the area of air transport services.
The Cabinet approved a cooperation agreement on sea transport and seaports between the Saudi and Egyptian governments.
The Cabinet approved a memo of understanding for cooperation in agricultural areas between the Saudi and Egyptian ministries of agriculture.
The Cabinet agreed that the appointment of members of board of directors of Saudi Basic Industries Corp. (SABIC), who represent the government including board chairman and his deputy, be made through the general assembly of the company.
The Cabinet agreed the continuation of payment of overtime work for those occupying health jobs in hospitals, medical centers and labs at 20 percent for three years.
The Cabinet approved amendments on some articles of the Officer Service System.

http://www.arabnews.com/node/1089926/saudi-arabia

@Gomig-21

As for your question bro, this depends on who you ask as you have to remember that KSA is the size of Western Europe and quite diverse depending on the historical region and current-day province. So naturally there will be dividing opinions. However given the internal dynamics of KSA (no taxation, a welfare state, a high HDI index only rivaled by other GCC states in the Muslim world and high-developed Western European countries, overall high security, good education (Saudi Arabian universities are ranked as the best in the Arab world and Muslim world overall - at least the leading ones), KSA/Arabia being ruled by various dynasties in great numbers since time immortal and the complex relationship between king, clergy (religious legitimacy) and tribal alliances, I would claim that most are content about the current situation but they do understand (by large in particular the youth who are mostly well-educated and compromise 70% of the population) that many necessary changes, first and foremost in terms of economic, social and political, changes need to occur. People also hope for this and there is for instance a massive support for the Saudi Vision 2030 in the public as per all surveys which confirms my reply to you by large.

http://vision2030.gov.sa/en

Also the "Arab Spring" probably also made many reformists and hardline reformists (those wanting a totally different reality) to back down/turn down their rhetoric/change their views a bit or fundamentally, seeing how other countries have ended up.

So today the general consensus is to let time do its job as reforms are inevitable. For instance in the past 1 year (since Saudi Vision 2030 emerged) a lot of significant changes have occurred. Also lower oil prices have been a blessing in disguise as this has speeded this necessary process (also for the economic future of KSA) up. The Saudi Arabian deficit in the past 2 years has also been handled well and the economic reforms have also had the desired effect and they have also been praised by the IMF.

http://www.reuters.com/article/saudi-imf-idUSL5N1F63Q9

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/bus.../IMF-praises-Saudi-Arabia-s-budget-plans.html

This is the short version.

@The SC

I am actually not currently based in KSA.

Last edited by a moderator:
4201724174614232742371.jpg

24 April 2017 - 05:46 PM

The Saudi Council of Ministers approved a cooperation agreement between the Government of the Kingdom and the Government of Egypt in the field of maritime transport and ports, signed in Cairo.

The Council of Ministers decided to approve a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for cooperation in agricultural fields between the Ministry of Environment, Water and Agriculture in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Saudi Arabia, and the Ministry of Agriculture and Land Reclamation in the Arab Republic of Egypt, signed a Royal Decree was prepared to do so.

The Saudi-Saudi Business Council Vice President, Abdullah bin Mahfouz, said that the visit of Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi to Saudi Arabia and his meeting with Saudi King Salman bin Abdul Aziz al-Saud would pave the way for activating previously signed joint economic agreements worth $ 25 billion.

He added that the visit of the Egyptian president to Saudi Arabia is an opportunity to activate the company "bridges of love", which was founded by businessman (Saudi) Sheikh Saleh Kamel with 32 businessmen to develop the Suez Canal projects. As well as 8 real estate development projects in the North Coast, Sharm El Sheikh and Hurghada, and energy projects.

https://www.almesryoon.com/story/1067246/أولى-ثمار-زيارة-السيسي-للسعودية

4201724174614232742371.jpg

24 April 2017 - 05:46 PM

The Saudi Council of Ministers approved a cooperation agreement between the Government of the Kingdom and the Government of Egypt in the field of maritime transport and ports, signed in Cairo.

The Council of Ministers decided to approve a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for cooperation in agricultural fields between the Ministry of Environment, Water and Agriculture in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Saudi Arabia, and the Ministry of Agriculture and Land Reclamation in the Arab Republic of Egypt, signed a Royal Decree was prepared to do so.

The Saudi-Saudi Business Council Vice President, Abdullah bin Mahfouz, said that the visit of Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi to Saudi Arabia and his meeting with Saudi King Salman bin Abdul Aziz al-Saud would pave the way for activating previously signed joint economic agreements worth $ 25 billion.

He added that the visit of the Egyptian president to Saudi Arabia is an opportunity to activate the company "bridges of love", which was founded by businessman (Saudi) Sheikh Saleh Kamel with 32 businessmen to develop the Suez Canal projects. As well as 8 real estate development projects in the North Coast, Sharm El Sheikh and Hurghada, and energy projects.

https://www.almesryoon.com/story/1067246/أولى-ثمار-زيارة-السيسي-للسعودية

Thank god they are paying attention to the environment, desertification is a massive ***** despite the fact that deserts are what we are renowned for. Maybe soon they will invest in solar panels in KSA and Egypt.

Back
Top Bottom