What's new

Pakistan to Boycott World Cup in India 2023

And what are they trying to achieve with this exactly? India-Pakistan cricket matches are a snoozefest and were milked beyond epic proportions, no one cares for them anymore. They are just making a fool out of themselves like usual and nothing else, Indians will only laugh and look the other way when Pakistan continues with its usual temper tantrums.

Last edited:
And what are they trying to achieve with this exactly? India-Pakistan cricket matches are a snoozefest and were milked beyond epic proportions, no one cares for them anymore. They are just making a fool out of themselves like usual and nothing else, Indians will only laugh and look the other way when Pakistan continues with its usual temper tantrums.

It’s India which has been trying to iSoLaTe PaKiStAn for the past decade or so and trying to sabotage the Asia Cup.

They’re a snoozefest for you, but for the average Indian the entire world comes to a standstill. A week before the match, Indian media are talking about the fixture making all sorts of silly ads and huffing and puffing.

Not only should Pakistan boycott this “World Cup” of seven teams, it should abandon this sport altogether.

All this time and effort and money into a sport nobody gives AF about outside India.

Would rather Pakistan spend less money and invest in simple sports like Football, Basketball….you know sports where you don’t develop a Kiwk-e-Mart looking gut like Apu.

It’s India which has been trying to iSoLaTe PaKiStAn for the past decade or so and trying to sabotage the Asia Cup.

They’re a snoozefest for you, but for the average Indian the entire world comes to a standstill. A week before the match, Indian media are talking about the fixture making all sorts of silly ads and huffing and puffing.

Not only should Pakistan boycott this “World Cup” of seven teams, it should abandon this sport altogether.

All this time and effort and money into a sport nobody gives AF about outside India.

Would rather Pakistan spend less money and invest in simple sports like Football, Basketball….you know sports where you don’t develop a Kiwk-e-Mart looking gut like Apu.
guy in your avatar may beg to differ.

@Drexluddin Khan Spiveyzai what say you ?

guy in your avatar may beg to differ.

@Drexluddin Khan Spiveyzai what say you ?
Not my circus, not my monkeys. I have never really watched cricket (nor any other sport for that matter, but I am titled toward football).

I strongly disagree with dropping cricket altogether but we do seem to have an unhealthy obsession with it. Other sports also need to get some love, imo.

I don't keep up with the news or the politics of International cricket but I do have the impression that India have an oversized influence in the ICC and is a bully and that Pakistan should not go to India like this. There should be a resumption but on equal terms. Perhaps a bilateral series.

But then again, given everything that's going on, it doesn't really matter. There's Pakistanis on PDF saying they'll support Indian cricket team against the greenshirts (IMAGINE) because the none of the players has said a word against what going on in Pakistan against PTI. Neither have the celebrities, most of whom were in favour of IK, until their voice was needed against state brutalities. In fact, the army arranged for some celebrities to visit the Corps Commander house in Lahore and give statements for propaganda.

What I am trying to say is, there's an almost complete breakdown of society rn and there's few takers for the usual outrageous news, let alone someone like me.

Not my circus, not my monkeys. I have never really watched cricket (nor any other sport for that matter, but I am titled toward football).

I strongly disagree with dropping cricket altogether but we do seem to have an unhealthy obsession with it. Other sports also need to get some love, imo.

I don't keep up with the news or the politics of International cricket but I do have the impression that India have an oversized influence in the ICC and is a bully and that Pakistan should not go to India like this. There should be a resumption but on equal terms. Perhaps a bilateral series.

But then again, given everything that's going on, it doesn't really matter. There's Pakistanis on PDF saying they'll support Indian cricket team against the greenshirts (IMAGINE) because the none of the players has said a word against what going on in Pakistan against PTI. Neither have the celebrities, most of whom were in favour of IK, until their voice was needed against state brutalities. In fact, the army arranged for some celebrities to visit the Corps Commander house in Lahore and give statements for propaganda.

What I am trying to say is, there's an almost complete breakdown of society rn and there's few takers for the usual outrageous news, let alone someone like me.
but log passionate hain, this might just be the painkiller they need in these times of strife.

hamari rago rago me behta hai, in our zehn and informs our collective psyche in so many ways (not all, of course, but broadly.. across Ind/Pak)

every little bit of maram patti helps, even if you're dealing with a gaping, festering wound.

give the people some to cheer, man.

Not exactly a sports buff. In fact, I don't even understand sports... at least on an intellectual level. Cricket is all about grown men swatting little balls in the sun with planks of wood, if you think about it with an open mind.

Plus, we always end up getting defeated by India so... what's the big idea? Why send our team overseas and waste a ton of money on their transportation, security, training, temper-tanturms, and stuff when they don't know how to do their "job"?!

Meh.

Not exactly a sports buff. In fact, I don't even understand sports... at least on an intellectual level. Cricket is all about grown men swatting little balls in the sun with planks of wood, if you think about it with an open mind.

Plus, we always end up getting defeated by India so... what's the big idea? Why send our team overseas and waste a ton of money on their transportation, security, training, temper-tanturms, and stuff when they don't know how to do their "job"?!

Meh.
bhejo yaar, babbar, shaheen, rizwan et al ko..

maybe the new General running Pakistan will have a change of heart and decides upon some cricket diplomacy, we hope so.

No one will want to go to Pakistan during this period, NO one. Pakistan does a good enough job isolating itself with their behavior and rogue activities, which is a harsh pill a lot will not want to swallow. Forget the Indians, I dont give a single **** about them, they can jump in a fire for all I care.
Like Pakistan doesn't do the same? We are also a Cricket addicted nation to the core, if Pakistan had more resources to invest into advertising then they too would be making such cringeworthy and distasteful ads.
Not only should Pakistan boycott this “World Cup” of seven teams, it should abandon this sport altogether..
They should invest into other sports, Football and Kabaddi have a lot of potential in our region.
you know sports where you don’t develop a Kiwk-e-Mart looking gut like Apu.
:lol: :lol:

Jokes aside, I like Cricket but it needs to be put on the backburner for some time.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom