What's new

Featured Iran unveils 'Gaza' UAV

Plus this thing:

IMG_20210522_154841_773.jpg

And other stuffs which are going to get mounted on the drone can help us to have neighborhood under check!

Global hawk helped a lot to develop long range reconnaissance systems! :)

S-149 made for border and sea patrolling + Anti terrorism operations!

This is the correct take.

Any other suggestions about S-149's "conventional" role in a conflict vs a state adversary are unrealistic.

Example of this is the MQ-9B SeaGuardian.

"General Atomics continued with the Naval Reaper concept, turning it into the SeaGuardian. It has an endurance of more than 18 hours and can mount an eight-hour patrol at a radius of 1,200 nmi (1,400 mi; 2,200 km). A key part of its mission set is the Leonardo Seaspray 7500E V2 AESA radar mounted as a centerline pod with inverse synthetic aperture radar that can spot surface targets including ships, submarine periscopes, and people during search and rescue operations".

1621854412598.png

Specifications of that radar:

590 km range
X-band
104 kg weight.

1621854580607.png

If Iran has developed a radar with similar capabilities it would be great. 1 or 2 could cover the whole Persian Gulf with ease. An S-149 with such equipment stationed conservatively in the Arabian Sea could provide crucial situational awareness and targeting info for IRIN ships, as well as targeting info for Zolfaqar-e-Basir.

Even in "peacetime" micro-conflicts like we had in 2019, these drones would be incredibly useful for intel-gathering.

1621855057232.png

@PeeD

Another way the hypothetical high altitude VLO Iranian bomber would help the missile force is in quick penetration into contested airspace to destroy key radar and air defense systems so that more missiles reach their target. Add swarm capability and you could have 25-50 bombers completely degrade an enemies air defense network just as Emad and Khorramshahr missiles are re-entering the atmosphere leading to devastating results.

As you know very well US supply of Patriot/THAAD and key radars is limited.

Exactly anyone thinking that Gaza drone is going to replace S-129 simply doesn’t understand Iran’s needs.

US needs heavy drones to bomb its various theaters it’s involved in. Iran on the other hand has little need at this time for such a drone. Exception being Syria war when Iran needed such firepower which does very well against rag tag terrorists with no air defense capability.

Even in the unveiling ceremony Gaza drone was accompanied by 3 S-129. A telling message.

It remains to be seen if this drone will be mass produced or will become like Fotros. Also I question the viability of GPS/GLONASS navigation during war time.

S-129 will remain as a recon workhorse, but for high value recon and intel gathering, I can see S-149 as a useful asset patrolling in Iran near the PG or Gulf of Oman with it's high powered long range intel gathering devices. I don't see this become a new Fotros. They may only produce a limited amount reserved for important duties, and their are many the S-129 cannot perform. During peacetime of course.

I more look forward to engine developments that would allow for LO, near or low supersonic high-altitude bombers, jammers and hopefully AA variants. God willing.

S-129 will remain as a recon workhorse, but for high value recon and intel gathering, I can see S-149 as a useful asset patrolling in Iran near the PG or Gulf of Oman with it's high powered long range intel gathering devices. I don't see this become a new Fotros. They may only produce a limited amount reserved for important duties, and their are many the S-129 cannot perform. During peacetime of course.

I more look forward to engine developments that would allow for LO, near or low supersonic high-altitude bombers, jammers and hopefully AA variants. God willing.
Right now our recon workhorse is mohajer 6. I believe in future we will have uavs in class of S-149 and in class of Mohajer-6 and a group for penetrating enemy line in class of S-179 and some based on Karrar for intercepting enemy helicopter and drones and will abandon rest or put them on for export.
Maybe army develop its Kaman-12 and Kaman-22

Catadioptric system

Screenshot_20210527-120137_Chrome.jpg

A catadioptric optical system is one where refraction and reflection are combined in an optical system, usually via lenses (dioptrics) and curved mirrors (catoptrics). Catadioptric combinations are used in focusing systems such as searchlights, headlamps, early lighthouse focusing systems, optical telescopes, microscopes, and telephoto lenses. Other optical systems that use lenses and mirrors are also referred to as "catadioptric", such as surveillance catadioptric sensors.

1622100976034.png

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom