What's new

Huawei NearLink ditches Bluetooth,Can be connected via satellite,Apple applies to join NearLink

Bluetooth got a lot of tax to be paid to Ericsson similar to cellular a lot of tax to be paid to Qualcomm.

Talk about over engineering. Why should you need satellites to communicate with devices in your close vicinity? o_O

Talk about over engineering. Why should you need satellites to communicate with devices in your close vicinity? o_O

The reason is if you connected via Chinese satellite, you wont be eavedrop by CIA.

Right now Arabs resistance DONT use cellular (unless your backbone is Huawei cellulur) or Whatsapp. The CIA can pinpoint them and send them a cruise missile.

This satellite technology is for defence application and normal people wont need it.

USA hates mobile phone to sat A LOT.

The reason is if you connected via Chinese satellite, you wont be eavedrop by CIA.

Right now Arabs resistance DONT use cellular (unless your backbone is Huawei cellulur) or Whatsapp. The CIA can pinpoint them and send them a cruise missile.

This satellite technology is for defence application and normal people wont need it.

USA hates mobile phone to sat A LOT.
Yes yes, CIA eavesdrops on bluetooth data transfer :cheesy:

Yes yes, CIA eavesdrops on bluetooth data transfer :cheesy:

Nearlink is a short range connection technology that’s aimed to merge wifi and bluetooth functionality, and is faster and more efficient than both. It doesn’t connect to satellite. Huawei phone connection to satellite is an important feature of the phone, but that has nothing to do with Nearlink. I won’t call that over engineering either as it’s a lifesaver where there is no signal.

Bluetooth requiring direct line of sight for connectivity is a myth. I have often gone to the bathroom with my bluetooth headphones on and they were still playing music.

IMO Nearlink SHOULD/MUST be used for home wireless connectivity in the place of WiFi!

Back
Top Bottom