What's new

England vs India at Edgbaston Cricket Ground, Birmingham

Proudpakistaniguy

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Yes we will get chance to be in semi if India defeat England but I would still say may better team win and we witness close thrilling contest

When:
June 30, 2019, at 10:30 AM Local Time

Where: Edgbaston Cricket Ground, Birmingham

What to expect: The sun has been out in the days leading up, and it is expected to stay that way through the game as well.

Team News:

India: They are unlikely to change a combination that is winning.

Probable XI: Rohit Sharma, KL Rahul, Virat Kohli, Vijay Shankar, MS Dhoni, Kedar Jadhav, Hardik Pandya, Mohammed Shami, Kuldeep Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Jasprit Bumrah

England: They decided to wait and see how Jason Roy and Jofra Archer pull through in their last practice session before the game to make a decision. Morgan admitted that they'd take a risk on both if there was no danger of a long-term injury. Those sessions though indicated that the latter could very well miss out, having bowled very little of his full run-up and none at all in the nets, which brings Liam Plunkett into the equation.

Probable XI: Jason Roy, Jonny Bairstow, Joe Root, Eoin Morgan, Ben Stokes, Jos Buttler, Moeen Ali, Liam Plunkett, Adil Rashid, Chris Woakes, Mark Wood

What they said:

"Although we haven't lost a game until now, we still can't be complacent as a side. The reason why we won all the games that we've played is because we've been very professional and precise in pressure moments. It [England's losses] is a bit surprising, but I expected something like that in the World Cup, where teams are going to be put under pressure." - Virat Kohli on his own team and England

"No, I can't fault the commitment or application that the guys have produced in every single game. Where we've let ourselves down as a group is adapting to conditions. It's been a bigger challenge in this World Cup than previous bilateral series that we've played. So tomorrow's going to be the exact same. We're going to have to adapt to conditions, adapt to playing against a strong side in India" - Eoin Morgan

It is a conundrum for India. The Indians would want to help out their big 3 companion, but that would tarnish their winning streak. England obviously depends on a win to advance for semis.

LOL England have to adapt to their own home conditions. This one is a gem.

It is a conundrum for India. The Indians would want to help out their big 3 companion, but that would tarnish their winning streak. England obviously depends on a win to go ahead.
India will try to win to stay undefeated and to be at NO 1 to play with No 4 probably weaker team in top 4

Indians do not want Pakistan to qualify for the semis. This is known fact. Today they were cheering for Afghanistan all over the place on Internet but to their dismay Pakistan did defeat Afghanistan in the end. Their twitter posts, comments on various news section just depicts their frustration. Some of even calling for a fixing probe against Afghanistan captain lol.

So if India wins today, than they won't be enjoying their victory that much because of Pakistan where as if they lose than it will piss them psychologically.

Last edited:
Indians do not want Pakistan to qualify for the semis. This is known fact. Today they were cheering for Afghanistan all over the place on Internet but to their dismay Pakistan did defeat Afghanistan in the end. Their twitter posts, comments in various news section just depicts their frustration. Some of even calling for a fixing probe against Afghanistan captain lol.

So if India wins today, than they won't be enjoying their victory that much because of Pakistan where as if they lose than it will dismay them psychological.
Historically Pakistan has never beaten India in a Worldcup game if India has to face Pakistan in the Semi's or the Finals, it would be helpful for India. Still, past records have little bearing on the current game, other than off the field pressure, it has no value. Given the team quality, I would rate India significantly higher than Pakistan, but that is my personal opinion. In the knockouts who ever plays well on the day will win.

As far as India is concerned, it's qualifying for semi-final berth is contingent upon its own performance, not on how others do.

Frankly, Current Pakistani team don't deserve to be in Semi. Even Afghans had them by balls.

Eng won the toss and chose to bat...something is telling me eng will win today.

NZ downfall has already been initiated by Pakistan and I don't think that they will win any further matches so for Pakistan, todays match is very important.

They thought they will get flat pitches where they will easily scored 350 plus as they used to do before world cup but now most matches are low scoring games with slow turning pitches

This is brand new pitch And weather is hot will be a run fest .

8DB76F04-3E95-4DD6-BA6A-63470BC74155.jpeg
And Bangladeshis lol
Come on Pakistanis, let's cheer India. This is your only chance.

E284BABD-091D-4001-8CB2-0CC2B623C1EB.jpeg
DB3C2969-C317-48E3-906E-63DB745D5E2C.jpeg
C4932FED-7831-4CAD-9974-5533B8CCB63A.jpeg

Lmao

Bad News for Cricket.
India's kit today have "Saffron" color. God save all of us.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom