What's new

USA keeps incitating Israel to attack Iran

Can Hezbollah throw this many on Israel in one go? Pointless to mention this figure because how many launchers are there? And Israel can take out these launchers during conflict. Israeli tanks and armored vehicles are also equipped with Trophy APS. This is not 2006.
considering a fath-360 launcher can fire 6 missile and fajr-5 launcher can fire 4 , each nazeat and zelzal launcher can fire two . i say they easily can fire 200-300 that can reach telaviv , but if they for example want to attack haifa let just say each bm-21 can fire upto 40 and each bm-27 upto 16 rocket
now its up to you to decide how many launcher they have added to their inventory since 2006

Hezbollah rocket arsenal is diverse with distinct ranges and not many can reach Tel Aviv.
Do you know the distance between south Lebanon and occupied Haifa? Not even 35km
Israel has deployed a total of 10 Iron Dome batteries by now. Each battery contains a minimum of 3 launchers. And each launcher is loaded with 20 interceptors.

20 × 3 = 60
60 × 10 = 600
And Hezbollah has rocket launchers that can launch 72 rockets at once (actually I thought 72 but by my count it's 80)

80r.png

How many of those 10 batteries are in occupied Haifa or occupied Tel Aviv? 10 of those small rocket launch vehicles is enough to deplete Iron Dome. The reason for Iron Dome's relative effectiveness against 'rockets' from Gaza is that those are very primitive rockets, many of which don't even cross into occupied Palestine and the majority of those that do land in open areas. A much higher proportion of rockets from Hezbollah will have to be intercepted, meaning two things: (1) interception rate (or rather, success rate, since their interception rate numbers are heavily manipulated) will fall and (2) Tamir interceptor stocks will be much more rapidly depleted.
The assumption that Hezbollah can destroy Israel with its rocket arsenal is unrealistic. Iron Dome batteries will blunt numerous attacks while IDF will go to work.

Not picking a side here but some of the members exaggerate Hezbollah and even Iranian options in a full-scale war, and this is putting it midly.
True, a few thousand rockets or even ballistic missiles won't destroy another state. Those that talk about destroying the occupation entity in such a way are indeed exaggerating.

It's more accurate to talk about the ability to inflict serious damage that creates deterrence against the hegemonic and militaristic Zionist occupation entity. This ability of the resistance axis has been growing exponentially in the past decades.

However, the Zionist regime is a uniquely vulnerable settler-colonial society with a lack of any strategic depth, many of whom possess dual citizenship. It is not out of the question that a full-scale war with the resistance axis (or even just Iran) could expose those vulnerabilities.
If Israel is so easy to finish off, why Hezbollah and Iran have not managed to do this while facing a large number of Israeli strikes on their assets in Syria?

Restraint is being shown for a reason; capacity to fight a full-scale war with Israel is limited.
Why should they start total war over those strikes which 99% of the time have only material damage? One of the biggest strengths of the resistance is their strategic vision - they will start the war on their terms.

If Hezbollah and Iran are so easy to destroy, why hasn't the Zionist regime managed to do this while facing thousands of Iranian-supplied rockets rain down on settler heads throughout the occupied territories, regularly sending settler rats scurrying to bunkers every year? It goes both ways, you are very biased and only present the pro-Zionist and anti-resistance POV here.

Last edited:
And Hezbollah has rocket launchers that can launch 72 rockets at once (actually I thought 72 but by my count it's 80)

View attachment 931838

How many of those 10 batteries are in occupied Haifa or occupied Tel Aviv? 10 of those small rocket launch vehicles is enough to deplete Iron Dome. The reason for Iron Dome's relative effectiveness against 'rockets' from Gaza is that those are very primitive rockets, many of which don't even cross into occupied Palestine and the majority of those that do land in open areas. A much higher proportion of rockets from Hezbollah will have to be intercepted, meaning two things: (1) interception rate (or rather, success rate, since their interception rate numbers are heavily manipulated) will fall and (2) Tamir interceptor stocks will be much more rapidly depleted.

True, a few thousand rockets or even ballistic missiles won't destroy another state. Those that talk about destroying the occupation entity in such a way are indeed exaggerating.

It's more accurate to talk about the ability to inflict serious damage that creates deterrence against the hegemonic and militaristic Zionist occupation entity. This ability of the resistance axis has been growing exponentially in the past decades.

However, the Zionist regime is a uniquely vulnerable settler-colonial society with a lack of any strategic depth, many of whom possess dual citizenship. It is not out of the question that a full-scale war with the resistance axis (or even just Iran) could expose those vulnerabilities.

Why should they start total war over those strikes which 99% of the time have only material damage? One of the biggest strengths of the resistance is their strategic vision - they will start the war on their terms.

If Hezbollah and Iran are so easy to destroy, why hasn't the Zionist regime managed to do this while facing thousands of Iranian-supplied rockets rain down on settler heads throughout the occupied territories, regularly sending settler rats scurrying to bunkers every year? It goes both ways, you are very biased and only present the pro-Zionist and anti-resistance POV here.

I think Legend is taking a more conservative approach. His stance regarding Iran has been always to err on the side of “what we know” rather than what we can imply or wishful thinking and hypotheticals. — Remember, Israel ruined Beirut because they were wholly ineffective against Hezbollah in Southern Lebanon.

IDF has a formidable conventional military force that can inflict significant damage in real-time. The effectiveness of precision guided weapons coupled with intelligence gathering on predetermined targets marked for obliteration, needs to be improved before any thought of an actual battle goes down. — The resistance (if they are to be successful in a practical military sense) has to operate with this sort of combined arms mentality. A ‘C4’ of sorts without all the bells and whistles.

Hezbollah, Hamas, PIJ, whoever else and IRGC AEROSPACE FORCE (the main damage dealer): have a tall order ahead of them in every sense.

- knock out airbases
- destroy radars
- damage Command and control centers
- shut down ports
- fight on foot with soldiers
- artillery and counter artillery tactics
- deal with superior mechanized units (tanks, APCs etc.,)
- go after critical civilian infrastructure
- obliterate as many IDF aircraft as possible (can’t even begin to explain how important this is)

It’s a lot to think about.

(Western analysis on current and projected Iranian missile, drone, and cruise missile stocks cannot be trusted whatsoever. The single greatest unknown is just how many long-range offensive munitions Iran has stockpiled thus far.

How comprehensive/efficient IRGCs opening salvo is against Israel will determine the pace of the conflict imo.)

Last edited:
No comment 😏

I don’t mean to troll you, actually aside from using foul language at times, I don’t really troll people.
I hope you’d understand what I mean by that emoji.

Hezbollah arsenal for reference:

You can see maximum range of each type in the list.

What is the total count of each type? More importantly, how many launchers of each type are there and can these survive in a full-scale war with Israel?

If you think that a war can be won with this type of arsenal then I am disappointed in your lack of thought.

IDF's ability to intercept Hezbollah rockets was virtually non-existent in 2006. IDF tanks and armored vehicles could not survive in Lebanon in 2006. IDF surveillance system was underdeveloped in 2006. This is no longer the case.

Iron Dome batteries make it possible to intercept volley after volley of rockets launched towards Israel and can be refilled during the conflict. Hezbollah can use UAVs and cruise missiles for precision strikes on IDF assets and infrastructure but IDF has reconfigured Iron Dome batteries to intercept these threats in addition to rockets. IDF is also adding additional layers of defenses to do the needful. And IDF can take the fight to Hezbollah inside South Lebanon if necessary. Trophy APS makes it possible for IDF armored forces to intercept ATGMs and neutralize enemy positions. And advanced surveillance technologies make it possible for IDF jet fighters to conduct precision strikes on Hezbollah positions and infrastructure with impunity. IDF have also introduced AI tools to help analyze and identify enemy infrastructure for strikes.

IDF has attacked and killed hundreds of Hezbollah and Iranian troops inside Syria since 2013:

I ask you again: why Hezbollah has not shut down Israel in response?

Let me answer this question for you: Fighting a full-scale war with Israel is not a joke and both Hezbollah and Iran have capacity constraints in this matter. Israel has won wars before, and it can win again.

Post in thread 'USA keeps incitating Israel to attack Iran' https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/usa-keeps-incitating-israel-to-attack-iran.768043/post-14386016

Listen to this member, if you have doubts.

Lebanon also have internal problems:

IDF can take advantage of these problems while invading South Lebanon.

On the other hand, existence of Hamas is in part owed to diplomatic efforts of Egypt. This is the unseen side of the conflict.

For perspective:

For 20 months after Operation Cast Lead, tensions between Israel and Hamas continued to escalate. Between November 11 and 13, 2012, more than 200 rockets and a number of mortar rounds were fired into Israel from Gaza, wounding dozens of civilians and damaging property. Finally, on November 14, Israel launched Operation Pillar of Defense, with the targeted killing of Hamas military chief Ahmed Jabari and pinpoint attacks against other targets.

Over the eight-day conflict, Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad (PIJ) fired more than 1,456 rockets into Israel, hitting Tel Aviv for the first time since Iraqi Scud attacks during the 1991 Gulf War. In response, the Israeli Air Force struck more than 1,500 targets in Gaza, including rocket launchers, weapon stocks, and Hamas government infrastructure.

Israel mobilized 57,000 reservists and deployed ground forces along Gaza’s border, but the ground incursion never occurred. On November 21, 2012, a cease-fire — brokered by Mohamed Morsi’s Muslim Brotherhood–led Egyptian government — went into effect.

But Israel might not have unlimited patience. Israel-Palestine conflict shall be resolved with "one state solution" at earliest. Israel will continue to gobble up Palestinian lands with its illegal settlements plan otherwise. But OIC is like "Oh I See."

The way forward for all sides is in peaceful resolution of conflicts. Premature gloating is up to no good.

Do you know the distance between south Lebanon and occupied Haifa? Not even 35km

View attachment 931838

1113380-52385da4faff25282f0c08ab81a39254.jpg

Mobile launchers with 72-80 rockets each and static launchers with 100+ pods will overwhelm the Iron-dome when launches are coordinated with each other to saturate targets.

These defense-systems are not silver-bullets and the quantity/caliber of muntion Hezbollah possesses VS that of Hamas or PIJ is as you said, not the same. Will be interesting to see how a conflict plays out though.

IDF has attacked and killed hundreds of Hezbollah and Iranian troops inside Syria since 2013:

What a ridiculous claim

That Wikipedia page which alleges 631 casualties among Iran/Hezbollah/Syria/Russia links to a Zionist newspaper report based on a "Airwars" report which is no longer online. It is quoted as saying:

"Based on local Syrian reporting, at least 631 militants were killed between January 2013 and October 2021. In Deir ez-Zor governorate alone, between 253-334 fighters were killed in 23 Israeli airstrikes"

Iranians and Russians are militants now?

So some random Western-backed Syrian group invents casualty claims, that gets cited and support by some report (which is no longer online) and Zionist propaganda media, then uploaded to Wikipedia and then in this process of Chinese whispers it is cited by a PDF moderator as evidence of "hundreds of Hezbollah and Iranian troops" killed by the Zionist occupation forces

Really impressive stuff Mr Moderator
I think Legend is taking a more conservative approach.
One way to describe it, don't be such a fool

What a ridiculous claim

That Wikipedia page which alleges 631 casualties among Iran/Hezbollah/Syria/Russia links to a Zionist newspaper report based on a "Airwars" report which is no longer online. It is quoted as saying:

"Based on local Syrian reporting, at least 631 militants were killed between January 2013 and October 2021. In Deir ez-Zor governorate alone, between 253-334 fighters were killed in 23 Israeli airstrikes"

So some random Western-backed Syrian group invents casualty claims, that gets cited and support by some report and Zionist media, then uploaded to Wikipedia and cited by a PDF moderator as evidence of "hundreds of Hezbollah and Iranian troops" killed by the Zionist occupation forces in the process of Chinese whispers

No need to call me a "fool" HGV, I'm fundamentally agreeing with your premise...

LegenD has a storied history of downplaying Iranian capabilities and that of its allies (lots of back and forth between me and him and others on the subject during the past 7 years).

Nevertheless, he does bring up important points that should be taken into consideration.

No need to call me a "fool" HGV, I'm fundamentally agreeing with your premise...

LegenD has a storied history of downplaying Iranian capabilities and that of its allies (lots of back and forth between me and him and others on the subject during the past 7 years).

Nevertheless, he does bring up important points that should be taken into consideration.
We have seen him post essays of pro-Zionist propaganda and talking points

Since he is so balanced, please show me the essays where he did the opposite and posted essays of anti-Zionist talking points

Don't waste your time, "conservative" is not the right word

What a ridiculous claim

So some random Western-backed Syrian group invents casualty claims, that gets cited and support by some report (which is no longer online) and Zionist propaganda media, then uploaded to Wikipedia and then in this process of Chinese whispers it is cited by a PDF moderator as evidence of "hundreds of Hezbollah and Iranian troops" killed by the Zionist occupation forces

This is your rhetoric and not rebuttal. Wiki article can be improved but it is highlighting something that both Hezbollah and Iran would want to conceal. Both want to maintain aura of invincibility for public consumption but you are not fooling those who understand these matters in general sense.

I will look at things from an objective lens and not your Hezbollah Stronk lens. Tell your Hezbollah to shut down Israel "today." Let's see.

All gloat and less substance.

I will look at things from an objective lens
And by objective you mean a Wikipedia article citing a Zionist propaganda newspaper which quotes a now deleted report that refers to "militants" not Iranians as you claimed

You do not understand the difference between Tel Aviv and Haifa? Both are different cities.

View attachment 931838

Is that BM-21 Grad or its derivative in the photo? You should mention the root source. These rockets do not seem to have the range to reach Tel Aviv. These might reach Haifa at most.

Palestinian rocket arsenal has considerably expanded with support of Iran:

Hamas_Rocket_Arsenal.jpg

Palestinian armed groups have also thrown more rockets at Israel than Hezbollah ever did in a series of conflicts with Israel:

But Iron Dome is used to intercept rockets in calculated manner:

And Iron Dome batteries will be REFILLED during the conflict.

Israel has also created underground shelters and medical facilities to protect Israeli civilians from harm:

This is why these rockets are not able to achieve much inside Israel.

Over-optimistic members seem to think that Hezbollah rockets are silver bullets that can level entire cities and defeat a well-equipped army in clashes. This is an unrealistic assessment. Hezbollah can certainly disrupt life in Haifa and other settlements near South Lebanon with significant rocket attacks. Hezbollah might also be able to score some hits on IDF infrastructure with use of guided rockets, UAVs, and cruise missiles in a full-scale war. But Israel has done its homework as well.

Over-optimistic members seem to evaluate this conflict in unidimensional terms. Over-optimistic members seem to forget that IDF has a fairly good idea about Hezbollah military infrastructure by virtue of its increasingly sophisticated surveillance apparatus and efforts of MOSSAD. Over-optimistic members seem to forget that IDF will use its TBMs, UAVs, artillery systems, and jet fighters to engage, degrade, and destroy Hezbollah military infrastructure in a full-scale war. Some members seem to forget that IDF can dispatch its ground forces to South Lebanon to engage, degrade, and destroy Hezbollah military infrastructure in a full-scale war. IDF ground forces are much better equipped to fight a war in the present as compared to 2006.

Full-scale war with Israel is not a joke. This is what I am trying to tell over-optimistic members here.

Attack Israel and find out otherwise. What is the point to making tall claims here on PDF? Is this an ego-boosting measure? Trolling for the sake of it.

1640209265.jpeg

Putting words in my mouth now? I never claimed that Israel will find it easy to defeat Hezbollah and Iran in a war. Israel does not share a border with Iran and the latter is geographically huge as well. IDF conventional options for Iran are limited and expected to be mission focused. IDF can intercept Iranian ballistic missiles on the other hand. Iranian strategy is to call upon the Palestinian armed groups and Hezbollah to attack Israel from the ground. But IDF has sufficient warfighting capacity to invade Gaza to dismantle Palestinian armed groups and South Lebanon to dismantle Hezbollah in a full-scale war if it comes down to this. How long this will take? No idea; might take month(s). Israel will suffer property damage and IDF will suffer losses on the ground? obviously, this is a given.

Iran has also attempted to expand its axis of resistance to Israel in Syria but:

You might have a strategic vision, but Israel is responding to it.

----

I am very biased and present the pro-Zionist and anti-resistance POV here? Did you see me speak in favor of Israel attempting to gobble up Palestinian lands with illegal settlements? Did you see me bashing Palestinians? :rolleyes: There is a difference between being realistic about Israel and being pro-Zionist. Attempts to wipe out Israel have added to misery of Palestinians, and Palestinian resistance efforts continue to backfire as well.

Israel gained some territory formerly granted to Palestinian Arabs under the United Nations resolution in 1947. Egypt and Jordan retained control over the Gaza Strip and the West Bank respectively. These armistice lines held until 1967.

Between June 5 and June 10, Israel defeated Egypt, Jordan, and Syria and occupied the Sinai Peninsula, the Gaza Strip, the West Bank, East Jerusalem, and the Golan Heights.

Israel called off its occupation of Sinai in exchange from recognition from Egypt in 1982.

Israel called off its occupation of some Palestinian lands courtesy of the Oslo Accords in 1994:

Despite attempts by extremists on both sides to sabotage the peace process with violence, the Israelis completed their withdrawal from the Gaza Strip and Jericho in May 1994. In July, Arafat entered Jericho amid much Palestinian jubilation and set up his government–the Palestinian Authority. In October 1994, Arafat, Yitzhak Rabin, and Shimon Peres were jointly awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for their efforts at reconciliation.

Related information in following link:

However, clashes between Palestine and Israel have continued in recent years and situation on the ground is like this:

Maps-of-Palestine-Screen-Shot.png

Hezbollah in South Lebanon was able to handle Israel in a war in 2006 (refreshing development) but Israel has adapted to this model of warfare as well. Iranians have ended up teaching Israel how to fight a HYBRID WAR by supporting Palestinian armed groups in Gaza and Hezbollah. Good going at this rate.

So all those rockets thrown at Israel have achieved what exactly?

Now "one state solution" looks feasible:

Try this for a change.

What a ridiculous claim

This is a shadow war. No side will provide details to your satisfaction. Wikipedia article contains information about a large number of Israeli strikes on Hezbollah and Iranian assets in Syria, nevertheless. Why don’t you investigate each incident and make a count?

And even if you are privy to Hezbollah losses in Syria, I do not expect from you to disclose them:

"To minimise the threat that Syria will serve as a conduit for Iran to upgrade the military capacities of Hizbollah, Israel has carried out more than 100 strikes on convoys and warehouses serving Hizbollah’s Syrian supply lines. Preventing the delivery of precision-guided missiles to the Shiite movement appears to have high priority. Hizbollah has generally played down the effectiveness of these attacks, and largely refrained from direct retaliation."

Exactly.

Related information in following links:

We have seen him post essays of pro-Zionist propaganda and talking points

Since he is so balanced, please show me the essays where he did the opposite and posted essays of anti-Zionist talking points

Don't waste your time, "conservative" is not the right word

Your talking points give the impression of being a part of a propaganda regime; I have common sense instead.

But common sense talking points are lacking in appeal so try something different for a change. Go ahead and request Hezbollah to liberate Palestine. Less gloating and more substance please. Let's see.

@LeGenD is right.

Hezbollah likely has thousands of rockets that can reach Tel Aviv, between 5,000-10,000, but I doubt all of them are precision guided missiles. They probably locally produce many of these as well. In that case, they likely aren't going to be able to wreak havoc on Tel Aviv like they suggest. Also consider these rockets are bigger and take more work to store and deploy. They are likely a bit deeper than near the border area communities, and thus need longer range.

Hezbollah's advantage is in the geography of Lebanon. They can sustain a rate of fire far longer than Hamas in Gaza can as Gaza is very small and even if they have enough rockets, there isn't enough space for launch sites or enough launch sites at all. Hezbollah has much better terrain in Lebanon, and much larger landmass, so they absolutely can sustain a consistent rate of fire for a much longer period of time. Which is why Israeli war games prepare for a quick assault and ground incursion as they aren't gonna bother searching for all the launchers if you will. Especially the ones for the smaller rockets.

Hezbollah's other two advantages is their ability to stage attacks on Israeli troops. They have better quality weapons and mortars than Hamas in Gaza, and more area to work with. They also have cruise missiles which can be used against Israeli navy and gas installations.

Conclusion:

They're not gonna raze Tel Aviv into the ground. They aren't capable. Nor capable of destroying significant Israeli military infrastructure. They are capable of putting immense stress on Israeli society, staging effective operations against IDF troops(along and inside of Israel border), and posing a credible threat at the sea against IDF naval assets and Israeli offshore infrastructure.

In a all out one-week battle, they would inflict between 150-200 casualties on Israeli soldiers and civilians, in my opinion.

Now, can Israel stage an attack on Iran's nuclear program? No, I don't believe so. They can do airstrikes in Iran but not take out their nuclear program. It won't ever happen. And both sides know it and have a understanding to not confront each other as they won't gain anything from strategic, political, or social sense. They aren't fighting over hegemony. Iran is competing more so with other players in the region. Israel just doesn't want to lose qualitative advantage it has in the region or trigger arms race where other nations develop missile programs and potentially nuclear programs.

I had to stop reading here

You recently had to use David Sling missiles to intercept some repurposed pipes from the second largest Palestinian resistance group in the tiny besieged occupied Gaza Strip, now you think Iron Dome can intercept MRBM warheads. LOL.
"Had to" more like we tested the David's Sling. And it worked. Now it's battle proven. Unlike your shitty air defenses lmao.

Anyway, sand monkey 🐒🐒, cope hard, we fucked the PIJ so hard lmao

No, but saturated attacks will overwhelm the Israeli systems and deplete the counter measures in one day.

I’ve studied this extensively. Bro - I’m not making this up one bit and this is important - the Israeli citizen lives in a siege mode and they are one of the most timid nation on this planet. The launching of the missiles and rockets will force their policy makers to commit mistakes as the people will demand an end to the misery. It also can potentially shut their economy down. So much intangibles that many analysts overlook. I’m not saying Israeli do not have countermeasures but many folks here are overlooking the destructions these 100k rockets can cost.
Israel can drop on Lebanon on one go with its F15s and F16s what Hezbollah can drop on Israel within one month.

Good luck firing all of those 100,000 rockets when Israel deals with Hezbollah.

Isnotrael and USA will not attack Iran openly. They will incite a regime change from within using Iranians. They will arm minority ethnic groups to fight Iran. They will get regional groups/countries to fight Iran.
Once Iran is exhausted to the point where it doesn’t pose a threat then maybe USA or Isnotrael might attack it but an invasion will never happen.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom