What's new

UAE gift polio vaccine to Pakistan

What do we have to do in exchange?

500 million doses for 220 million Pakistanis while only 10% (Estimated) of them are under 5 years of age?

Much appreciated.

Pakistan sits right at the 50 50 mark when it comes to attitude towards vaccination. Some see it necessary some see it as intervening nature.

There has been no serious impartial study into documenting demographics of such attitude. Governments will always be pro vaccination. It is a measure of competence how they enable volunteer vaccination participation.

What do we have to do in exchange?

Import another virus
500 million doses for 220 million Pakistanis while only 10% (Estimated) of them are under 5 years of age?

Thank you for pointing out at the number of doses. I wasn't aware of it.
I did quick search and found this:

Last edited:
I fail to understand your question and it's basis?
The number of kids that would need this vaccine is around 20-25 million. Assuming what Chatrapati said above, 500 million number seems incorrect.

The number of kids that would need this vaccine is around 20-25 million. Assuming what Chatrapati said above, 500 million number seems incorrect.

This is reported in international news.
How you know about the number of kids needed to be vaccinated?

Last edited:
Polio vaccination is not a one year or a one time affair, it is given to all kids under 5 years of age, every year irrespective of whether it was taken the previous year.

About 20 years ago when Polio was endemic in India, all children were given the course of vaccination each year till they turned 5. That's how you ensure that no child gets left behind and eliminate polio after a few years.

This is reported in international news.
How you know about the number of kids needed to be vaccinated?
Census of Pakistan puts population of kids of age of 0-14 at 75 million.
Polio vaccination is not a one year or a one time affair, it is given to all kids under 5 years of age, every year irrespective of whether it was taken the previous year.

About 20 years ago when Polio was endemic in India, all children were given the course of vaccination each year till they turned 5. That's how you ensure that no child gets left behind and eliminate polio after a few years.
I know that. Shelf life of polio vaccine as per WHO standards is 24 months under -20 degree. I am sure 500 million doses are not for 5 years.
Also my intention is not to act as a party pooper here, i thought the number of 500 million is incorrect.

Last edited:
Census of Pakistan puts population of kids of age of 0-14 at 75 million.

So it's not 20 million as you calculated before and infact the figure of 85 million is more realistic.

Import another virus

Thank you for pointing out at the number of doses. I wasn't aware of it.
I did quick search and found this:

How about some houbara bustards?

I know that. Shelf life of polio vaccine as per WHO standards is 24 months under -20 degree. I am sure 500 million doses are not for 5 years.
Also my intention is not to act as a party pooper here, i thought the number of 500 million is incorrect.

We know this forum is Iranian tool, this is why i post the good news to upset the masses.

My advice, get over it, there's no more excuse for not administering polio vaccine to Pakisatni children.... UAE have exposed the ruling mafia.
Now do what ever, waste it or say it's expired... we are watching you.

We know this forum is Iranian tool, this is why i post the good news to upset the masses.

My advice, get over it, there's no more excuse for not administering polio vaccine to Pakisatni children.... UAE have exposed the ruling mafia.
Now do what ever, waste it or say it's expired... we are watching you.

The UAE doesn't impress anyone with such a political stunt. In fact UAE has lost all credibility.

It is better for UAE to put more medals on Modi's chest. UAE will always be seen as a hypocritical desert strip.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom