What's new

To Counter India’s S-400 ,Pakistan to Buy FD-2000 Air defense missile system from China

INDIAPOSITIVE

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
SOURCE: ABHAY KESARKAR / FOR MY TAKE / IDRW.ORG

HQ-9_China.jpg

After been Snubbed by Russia on its effort to procure long-range air defense systems like S-300 and S-400 Air defense missile system, Pakistan is now reportedly setting its focus on procuring FD-2000 long-range air defence requirements from its old friend China and has expressed its desires to procure three to four FD-2000 long-range SAM systems to counter India’s Purchase of S-400 Systems from Russia.

HQ-16-based LY-80 medium-range (MR) surface-to-air missile (SAM) systems which Pakistan previously procured from China has a range of only 42km but with induction of FD-2000, Pakistani forces will have the ability to track and target aerial threats up to 125km.

FD-2000 reportedly also has the ability to intercept cruise missile, air-to-ground missile and stand-off precision-guided bomb. FD-2000 which is a reversed engineered, knock-off of old Russian S-300 system is still nowhere close to the range and performance of S-300 let alone of more modern S-400 system but it does represent a major step for the Pakistani military to engage target over 100km.

http://idrw.org/to-counter-indias-s...d-2000-air-defense-missile-system-from-china/

First I don't think they are here to counter S-400 , and 2nd I think they are Very good Medium Range (One can call it medium to Long Range but 125km FD-2000 are not long range ) ……
My guess when our economy improves we will buy proper long range Air defence Unite and then re-classify all of our Air defence Systems , like, Ly-80 short Range , FD-2000 Medium range and New proper Long range System as Real Long range Air defence Unit …. Until that time come , this unit (FD-2000) will be our long range air defence .

Another pathetic article by a gay gangadoo product of some aggravated gang-rape on the streets of Delhi
I can feel their ButtHurt ……… Their gandas on fire ……… Bharities will be like after May-98 , , , .

First I don't think they are here to counter S-400 , and 2nd I think they are Very good Medium Range (One can call it medium to Long Range but 125km FD-2000 are not long range ) ……
My guess when our economy improves we will buy proper long range Air defence Unite and then re-classify all of our Air defence Systems , like, Ly-80 short Range , FD-2000 Medium range and New proper Long range System as Real Long range Air defence Unit …. Until that time come , this unit (FD-2000) will be our long range air defence .
It is not a counter... for countering we have other system... uneducated slum dogs do not know anything about the countermeasures.

The only gandas on fire is yours and @war&peace. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I'm not even Gangadoo.. so how can you call me an Indian?

Last edited:
Been hearing about this for years. Some on this forum even speculated that PA already has these (some years ago). If it didn't happen then, it's unlikely to happen now - imo due to state of the economy.

Most likely Pakistan was already operating HQ-9 for some years and only revealing it now as India's S-400 deal is moving forward.

You are right it’s funny how can a defensive weapon counter other defensive weapon ..... if the news is true then it’s nothing more then dick measuring....
I didn't knew that One can counter Air Defence system with another air defence system

What Retards :drag::drag::drag::drag:

Pakistan has been operating HQ-9 for years, albeit in small numbers. I don't think there's any truth to this anyway.
I think LY
Both of you are incapable of making an argument without getting abusive, hence my comment.
Mate, you got abusive.. my original comment was squarely aimed the idiotic author of the article but you got infuriated and abused me..
BTW you came after a long time.. so how are you? :-)

I didn't knew that One can counter Air Defence system with another air defence system

What Retards :drag::drag::drag::drag:
Well, an IIT graduate with distinction can do that :lol:

We don't need, nor could we realistically afford to match with purchases, systems that are equivalent in order to counter Indian S-400 purchase.

The plethora of delivery systems we have been developing and upgrading are the counter. And they are far cheaper.

Both of you are incapable of making an argument without getting abusive, hence my comment.
Ignore those bhikaristanis. They are currently running from country to country with a begging bowl.

Back
Top Bottom