What's new

Recent Sino-Indian border conflict

China is a weak country, they are greedy and care only about money, they can sacrifice everything for money as this so-called "settlement" with India shows.
On the contrary, my personal experience tells me most of you oversea educated Pakistanis are the most greedy and worst in dishonesty. Furthermore, most of you oversea educated Pakistanis are very anti-China. I've learned that most of you oversea Pakistanis develop that anti-China views from the teachings of your Imams. You are clearly the case here. I have co-workers around the world, including the ones in Europe, and they share similar point of view about you oversea Pakistanis and the turks.

Last edited:
Simple solution: India relinquishes its claim on Aksai Chin, and China relinquishes its claim on Arunachal Pradesh.
That's what ZhouEnlai proposed to India and India responded with the forward policy. :angry:

and adhere to the McMohan line
A border between two great civilizations shouldn't be named after a British general ! :disagree:

That's what ZhouEnlai proposed to India and India responded with the forward policy.
Your supposed claim on Arunachal is just another arm twisting tactic from China. Arunchal has never been the part of China ever so your false proposition holds no ground. Yesterday the people of Arunachal and Assam here celebrated the birthday of the Dalai Lama with pomp and glory. After seeing the events in Tibet unfold in the years preceding to the Chinese backstabbing and betrayal in '62 we had to take measures of safeguarding our borders.
https://nenow.in/north-east-news/bi...ical-leaders-pour-in-for-14th-dalai-lama.html

Your supposed claim on Arunachal is just another arm twisting tactic from China. Arunchal has never been the part of China ever so your false proposition holds no ground. Yesterday the people of Arunachal and Assam here celebrated the birthday of the Dalai Lama with pomp and glory. After seeing the events in Tibet unfold in the years preceding to the Chinese backstabbing and betrayal in '62 we had to take measures of safeguarding our borders.
https://nenow.in/north-east-news/bi...ical-leaders-pour-in-for-14th-dalai-lama.html

Basically, you insist that China relinquish their territory or they're bad guy. Then, there is no middle way to discuss it. So, what is the point of discussion or talk? Without compromise to find the best middle way, there is only one thing that matter, if you feel that you're strong, then take it by force. If you're weak, then shut up.

Last edited:
Basically, you insist that China relinquish their territory or they're bad guy. Then, there is no middle way to discuss it. So, what is the point of discussion or talk? Without compromise to find the best middle way, there is only one thing that matter, if you feel that you're strong, then take it by force. If you're weak, then shut up.
Right, there are no question of talks as far as Arunachal Pradesh is concerned, that part of the country has always been a part of our North East, historically and culturally. China can only relinquish the territory it holds, and they will never gain an inch of Arunachal.

In '62 these Chinese thought that they would just walk into Arunachal and Assam and the people here would welcome them into their midst. The rude shock they received made them retreat hastily.

China must understand that the people of Arunachal don't want to be associated with them in any capacity, you lot are despised here for what you have done with Tibet and the Dalai Lama.

He insists on his view but you don't have to take it seriously. I grew up in a military base in XinJiang. Some of military units there were involved in 1962 conflict. From what I heard, the group troops were pushing very fast. It was so fast that the command center was having some trouble reaching them, especially when the retreat order was issued. If his view were accurate, the group troops should have faced strong and hostile resistance and that information was delivered to the command center, which issued the retreat because of that. But that was not the case. The group troops were far more eager to push forward. The retreat order was certainly NOT because of the resistance he claimed.

It was so fast that the command center was having some trouble reaching them, especially when the retreat order was issued. If his view were accurate, the group troops should have faced strong and hostile resistance and that information was delivered to the command center, which issued the retreat because of that. But that was not the case. The group troops were far more eager to push forward. The retreat order was certainly NOT because of the resistance he claimed.
I have never claimed that your troops received hostile resistance, though the Indian Army did their best as they laid down their lives whilst being outnumbered. If you were ever to come across an Assamese or a citizen from Arunachal he would most probably say that we felt let down by the way Nehru abandoned us to leave us at the mercy of you Chinese. This is the way we feel to this day.

However, that's besides the point. Chinese troops left not because they faced hostile resistance but they felt that it was futile to occupy a land where the local populace were unwelcoming of their presence. You tested the waters in '62 and decided wisely that Arunachal is a bridge too far.

I have never claimed that your troops received hostile resistance, though the Indian Army did their best as they laid down their lives whilst being outnumbered. If you were ever to come across an Assamese or a citizen from Arunachal he would most probably say that we felt let down by the way Nehru abandoned us to leave us at the mercy of you Chinese. This is the way we feel to this day.

However, that's besides the point. Chinese troops left not because they faced hostile resistance but they felt that it was futile to occupy a land where the local populace were unwelcoming of their presence. You tested the waters in '62 and decided wisely that Arunachal is a bridge too far.
It is interesting that an Indian claims he knows how Chinese troops would have felt. From what I can tell, your confidence in your own view misses two important facts. First, before 1962, Chinese troops marched into Tibet where local culture was quite different. Was there any concern about how they would be received by the local population? You bet there was. So, in 1962, it was not the first time. Better yet, Chinese troops had already have some experience dealing with Tibetans, who were the same local population in South Tibet. Second, people in general don't concern themselves much with politics, especially in regions that haven't been infested with much nationalism. Most of them just prefer their lives not disturbed too much. The picture you just painted tried to give an impression that Tibetans living in South Tibet had strong affiliation with India. That is laughable.

Better yet, Chinese troops had already have some experience dealing with Tibetans, who were the same local population in South Tibet.
This is where you are wrong my friend, as i had mentioned earlier, barring the Tawang area the rest of Arunachal Pradesh had nothing to do with the Tibetans. More than two-thirds of the tribes of Arunachal were either Hindus or followed the animistic religion of Donyi-Polo. Chinese culture had little impact on those people, they were culturally similar with the rest of us from NE. Arunachal was a frontier outpost of our Ahom Kingdom back them, the tribes fought with us to ward off invaders.
Was there any concern about how they would be received by the local population? You bet there was.
Coming to the Tibetan Buddhists in Tawang and Bomdilla, they shared the same concerns as their fellow brothers in Tibet and by all means didn't want to share their fate.
The picture you just painted tried to give an impression that Tibetans living in South Tibet had strong affiliation with India.
Prove me wrong then, Assamese was the link language in Arunachal till the recent past, when Nefamese took over. Show us evidence if they ever spoke in Chinese. Even today, the citizens of Arunachal are fluent Hindi speakers compared to those from South India. They have been voting for a North Indian political party in their state(BJP). In the seven decades since independence, we are yet to witness anti Indian protests in the state, the only state in our NE with this distinction. Hindu places of pilgrimage dating back to centuries are scattered across the state of Arunachal Pradesh. I didn't see any Chinese influence in the state in my countless visit there(just across the river from my place).

However, that's besides the point. Chinese troops left not because they faced hostile resistance but they felt that it was futile to occupy a land where the local populace were unwelcoming of their presence.
What a delusional dichotomy. Resistance? Unwelcomed?

You Nehru frantically cried for Americas military aid and intervention against China, after your troops did their best to run away the second they meet resistance from China. Outside of Hindu fairytales China never meet any serious resistance from India, not before, not after it called for a pullback. When the Americans saw how quickly your forces, let me use their words, faltered in front of China, they got afraid the entire paper tiger that India was could collapse just as quickly from this counter invasion and finally lent it to you. From this point on it was just pointless to let the U.S. intervention manifest any further when China at the time had not much ressources to spare on a conflict with the whole of India, let alone one backed up by Americans, no matter how weak its regular army was, while it would only push the whole of India into the hands of America. In modern terms the strategy was to let you stick with your post colinial delusion of being an independent emerging super power at worst or give you a chance to turn back to sanity and making peace with China at best. Looking where India has been stuck until today and what has become of China today, that was a wise decision.

And as if you Indians have anything to say about not being welcomed and being alien to locals in South Tibet anyways.

And as if you Indians have anything to say about not being welcomed and being alien to locals in South Tibet anyways.
I will respond to this as the rest of the incoherent gibberish you spewed out is not worth answering.

There is nothing Tibetan about Arunachal Pradesh, only a couple of vagrant Tibetan tribes populate the upper reaches of the state. Rest of Arunachal Pradesh is populated by the those who share their culture and traditions with us in Assam. They aren't even Buddhists, so you can cut your Tibetan crap.

Coming to the Tibetans around Tawang, they are the strongest opponents of your Chinese government amongst all, they make it a point to celebrate the birth anniversary of Dalai Lama with all pomp and glory just to rub it in your pretty little faces.

China withdraw from South Tibet in good faith. It was never in China interest to start a war with India. China just wanted to hit India to hard that they will return to the negotiation table. It did stop India adventure and bring 50 years of peace.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom