What's new

Pakistan Navy test fire indigenously developed Cruise Missile with anti-ship/land attack capability

It looks like a modified version of Babur, but exhaust and body shape/size suggests it is a derivative of Babur cruise missile. Consider following two photos.

Navel version: Sea to sea and land attack (possibly) Babur Cruise Missile
upload_2019-4-23_22-50-35.png

Surface to surface: Babur Cruise Missile
upload_2019-4-23_22-51-45.png

@Bilal Khan (Quwa) since you like analyzing picture frames, this video has ample opportunities. Take a look at this frame which clearly shows the missile's shape:

upload_2019-4-23_22-56-50.png

Some points to note:

1. That halo of light is interesting. Each frame in the camera is the result of collecting light over an interval called 'exposure time'. When the camera started collecting the light from this frame, the missile was in flight, but before the next frame starts, the missile has exploded and preliminary light from the explosion has been collected. In my humble opinion, this is a fuel air mixture that started ignition at the boundaries and the camera has captured this initial reaction. The very next frame looks like this:

upload_2019-4-23_23-2-14.png

2. My eyeball approximation gives 60 ft as the diameter of the fireball. That's total incineration in a circle of diameter 60 ft, and then there would be the backlash of air.

3. The missile shows wings in the terminal phase, whereas the initial firing shows a simple cylinderical missile. This shows the level of sophistication of Pakistani missile program. We have retractable fins which can unfold in-flight. This implies maneuverability of the missile, and possibly the ability to change position based on GPS and mid-flight course correction signals.

4. In a sea to land mode, the missile would wreak havoc upon missile batteries, radar installations, fuel dumps, ammo dumps etc. A single ship carrying 6 missile can cause approx. 17000 sq ft of destruction which is about 1/3rd of an American football field based on my internet search. We need to increase both the range of the missile and the number of ships so Indian coastline can be bombarded from further away by FAC crafts.

@Rashid Mahmood @Bilal Khan 777

I was being rational that is why Navy had exactly same thing in mind that I had and that is that is exactly why we have seen this test today. And yes this ship has fire this missile before but than target was on sea. This time target was on land.
Zarvan, Navy understand better than u but to make a new missile from scratch takes time

I wonder if any tech dropped by the indians as part of sirJiKal was used here

4Mi.gif

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom