What's new

PAKISTAN NAVY PROCURES WS-61 SEA KING HELICOPTERS FROM QATAR

pakistan will allegedly have "10 seakings and commando variants" ok how? QA20 and QA30 was phased out of service long ago? since 11 is the total. if you minus that with 2 you get 9. so i was right the possible Number of acquisition is 9 no more.
View attachment 775983

pn acquired 8 or so last few years fromUK and made 4 airworthy but the sales order still said 8 bottom line these old aircraft may be sold as is basis and quantity is what total original quantity , in case of UK 🇬🇧 8
cheers 🍻

pn acquired 8 or so last few years fromUK and made 4 airworthy but the sales order still said 8 bottom line these old aircraft may be sold as is basis and quantity is what total original quantity , in case of UK 🇬🇧 8
cheers 🍻
3 were airworthy, of which one crashed during a training exercise shortly after induction.

Kindly add to my knowledge,
How many total of Sea Helicopters including Westland WS-61 Sea King helicopters
, MK45 Helicopters , do have Pakistan Navy today ??

Amazing ...gadgets coming from the Arab countries are always of some use ...Good efforts that we don't miss such chances of potential sales...

List of Aircraft

C/NModBuiltID In this Org
camara.png
wa1010
wa 797
1974​
4510:
wa 798
1974​
4511:
wa 799
1974​
4512:
wa 800
crashed.gif
1974​
4513:
wa 801
1974​
4514:
wa 802
1974​
4515:
wa 959
1986​
4516:
camara.png
wa 909
hc.4
ZA295:
camara.png
wa 910
hc.4
1980​
ZA296:
camara.png
wa 913
hc.4
1981​
ZA299:

1986 seaking was bought to replace one of the 1974 seaking lost and hc.4 three made airworthy out of 7, bought recently one lost as well

so the final inventory before adding Qatari sea kings

So pn has 13 anti ship / anti sub variant of seaking along with 6 commando variety plus one example in yellow color for pmsa.

Is my analysis correct ?

So pn has 13 anti ship / anti sub variant of seaking along with 6 commando variety plus one example in yellow color for pmsa.

Is my analysis correct ?
5x mk45 & 1x has5 are ASW capable.
The qatari seakings are commando variant with a few equipped to fire Exocets in ASV role

Recounting again it seems PN has 9 anti surface and anti sub examples and 6 commando variant plus 1 yellow color example with pmsa

Pakustan shoukd have opted for NH 90.ASW helicopter even two woukd have far better caoabilities and lasting air frame life than those 10 sea kings

India is retiring its sea king fleet indian navy knew their capabilities and how to dodge them

Pakustan shoukd have opted for NH 90.ASW helicopter even two woukd have far better caoabilities and lasting air frame life than those 10 sea kings

India is retiring its sea king fleet indian navy knew their capabilities and how to dodge them
I doubt you could have even acquired 0.1 NH90 for all price of acqusition of thesw old frames from qatar/uk

My guess is goal to keep sea kings flying for 7-10 years till acquisition of other assets are complete leaving space for choppers post 2027(by time most deals will be conculded and hopefully economy may grow as well)

NH90 is such a shitshow even Australia and Germany is replacing them with a more proven helicopter

Also, India using and retiring Sea King is irrelevant. There are more than 2 dozen current/former sea king users

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom