What's new

Featured Largest Iranian Navy ship sinks after mysterious fire

Could be just an accident, after all, it was a training ship. The ship was old and Iranian aren't known for their engineering excellence or procedure.
several month ago there was a big fire in a major USA ship, you knew American are not known for their engineering excellence and procedure

but i'm not angry, i don't get emotional about this as it is nothing new. In the past, years ago I used to get truly angry here, it does not get to me anymore.

I just believe Iraq is ruled by rats, whom should have been given a mass grave. This is without any emotion.

So what can i say ...

In the interest of Iraq and Lebanon, the "Iran-led axis", which are now a number of group that challenge the state needs dismantling. In Iraq, the largest PMU groups are disobeying Iran today, their funding comes straight from Iraq. Not that this means they're not an issue, given their leadership as mullah ball lickers.

Israel isn't challenged by this axis, they burn Lebanon whenever they want.

Iran's enemies are Iraq's enemies. Iraq was so nice to the Americans, that Saddam got the key to the city of Detroit, donating millions of dollars to Iraqi diaspora and best buddies of traitors in Washington.

Saddam Hussein donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to a Detroit church and received a key to the city more than two decades ago, soon after he became president of Iraq.

"[Saddam] was very kind person, very generous, very cooperative with the West. Lately, what's happened, I don't know," Yasso, 70, said Wednesday. "Money and power changed the person."

Then Saddam discussing solving the border dispute with Kuwait, the usa basically assured Saddam that any move by Iraq against Kuwait would be tolerated by Washington. Then after Saddam doing what was green lighted by Westerners, usa faked outrage and found a new boogieman along with the boogieman in Tehran.

Iraq and Iran should be friends. It is only Washington agenda of getting Iraq and Iran to fight to weaken both.

Iran and Iraq's enemies are zio-ZOGs. Both Iraq and Iran have a history of betrayal by the Gulf States in support of usa occupation of the MENA.

Tehran, Iran – One of Iran’s largest navy ships has sunk after catching fire near the Strait of Hormuz under unclear circumstances.

The Kharg, named after an island nearby that serves as a key oil terminal, caught fire in the early hours of Wednesday local time and more than 20 hours of rescue operations failed to save it, the army said.

An image taken late at night showed crew in life jackets running away with a fire raging behind them. Another image, taken in daytime, showed heavy smoke billowing to the sky and fire still burning.

Iran’s army also identified the Kharg as a “training ship” and confirmed there were almost 400 crew and trainees on board, before adding all of them were safely evacuated.

Translation: PR of the second maritime district of Jask has announced that after a fire broke out at the Kharg vessel and personnel were moved to the beach, the rescue operation for the training vessel failed after 20 hours of all-out work due to the spreading of the fire and the vessel rested in the Jask waters.

A local army official told the semi-official Tasnim news agency that 20 people suffered minor burns.

No reason was provided for the cause of the fire.

The vessel sank close to the port of Jask in the south of the country, near the Strait of Hormuz, a strategic waterway.

The vessel was built in Britain and launched shortly before Iran’s 1979 Revolution and entered the Iranian navy in 1984 after several years of negotiations.

The army official told Tasnim that much of its equipment had been overhauled by Iranian engineers in recent years.

It was capable of providing replenishment at sea to help other ships, could lift heavy cargo and also had launch and landing pads for helicopters.

The Kharg’s sinking marks the latest big naval incident for Iran in recent years.

Last year, a missile was mistakenly fired during a military training exercise at sea, killing 19 sailors and wounding 15 others.

An Iranian navy destroyer also sank in the Caspian Sea in 2018.

very sad ,
great loss to a friendly country .

Once again, the guy was poking fun at Iran's warnings of revenge to Israel. It had nothing to do with Gaza. Gaza is an example of engagement by Palestinian Holy Hamas and is a product of Hamas culture and ideology, and nothing else.

Look, when someone comes into a thread dedicated to a naval accident in Iran, and disrespectfully derails it by trying to suggest Iran has been passive against the zionist entity, I will be likely to counter such uncalled for drivel by pointing to Iran's unparalleled backing of the Palestinian Resistance against zionist occupation.

There was no justification for bringing Iranian policy against Isra"el" into this topic, and then seeking to minimize Iran's efforts in this regard. So either the user who started this will refrain from flamebaiting in the Iranian section, or our response will just have to be accepted.

Hamas' military capabilities are in large part a result of Iranian arming, Iranian training, and even direct Iranian advisory role during war time, as admitted by Hamas officials themselves. Without Iran, things would look more dire for the Palestinian Resistance. Their leaders are honest enough to publicly recognize it. And they certainly aren't some two-faced hypocrites and idiots who would unnecessarily lie to their people and to the world in exchange for supposedly token material support that they wouldn't really depend on.

I am not uncomfortable by the mention of Iran providing material support to Palestinians. I, however, will not allow that to be exaggerated or allow anyone to take credit for the effort, courage, work, money, blood and sweat of Holy Hamas.

Nobody has such a thing. I repeatedly asked you to show me where I am supposed to have proceeded with any of the above, in vain.

You are uncomfortable about the fact that Gaza and it's pro-active resistance, is a product of Hamas. No other party of your resistance axis can replicate that.

Contrary to actual Palestinian Resistance officials, your tone tends to suggest the different components of the Resistance are are having some sort of a competition. Which couldn't be farther from the truth.

I and every other rational, mindful person will prefer to take Palestinian Resistance leaders at their word. And I have never heard a single Palestinian official chastise people for simply mentioning Iran's massive support. In fact, they themselves are doing it all the time. I am merely paraphrasing them.

Hamas isn't more active than the rest of the Resistance Axis when taking into account the respective contexts in which these groups operate. As a matter of fact, 90% of Palestine is occupied as we speak. Whereas 99.9% of Lebanon is free from occupation. Even so, Hamas is observing ceasefire with Isra"el" as we speak. Neither rockets, nor bullets are being fired at Isra"el". This is because Hamas will deploy its military means only when Tel Aviv resorts to major provocations, such as storming al-Aqsa mosque and then murdering 20 Palestinian civilians including 9 children.

Hezbollah, inspired by the venerable path Imam Khomeini trod before them, would break zionist jaws in any similar situation. Half a platoon of zionist troops doing so much as setting foot on Lebanese soil would unleash Hezbollah's wrath. Let alone if 90% of Lebanon were to get occupied and then nine Lebanese children shot dead by zionist forces.

Also you are wrong, Sudan, Egypt and Libya have contributed plenty to arming Gaza.

These governments themselves aren't exporting arms to the Palestinian Resistance, nor are they training Palestinian fighters, and so on. A look at Hamas' and PIJ's rocket and drone arsenals will demonstrate this. In fact illustrations were posted before in the Gaza war thread which mention the origin of Hamas' imported rocket systems, and they all are either Iranian or Syrian (not talking about the locally produced ones here).

Furthermore, we hardly ever hear Palestinian leaders highlight governmental support by Sudan, Egypt or Libya. Of all governments, we only hear them praising Islamic Iran in such a manner. Which has been my point since the beginning. No more, and no less.

Iran does get credit for being a public and direct material supporter for Gaza factions, I don't deny that, but don't get carried away with that and exaggerate what this means. Or take credit for their military feats

And so I am forced to repeat the question: where exactly did I get carried away, where have I exaggerated, where did I take credit for their military feats? Quote me precisely, rather than just accusing me of these things.

All your factions in the Resistance axis are much better equipped than Hamas, and they watch on sideline every time Hamas leads the resistance against Israel. You should stop being discomforted by Hamas's role of leadership here.

They aren't living in Palestine but in Lebanon, Iraq etc. And I am not seeing zionist occupation troops annexing 90% of Lebanon or Iraq. The day Isra"el" dares to invade Lebanon or Iraq, that day the Lebanese or Iraqi Resistance are going to replicate Hamas' defensive actions, and they'll be doing so on a larger scale even.

In fact, these brothers are at an ulterior stage of Resistance: their territories being cleared of zionist presence, they now concentrate on deterring renewed zionist aggression and/or invasion of their lands.

Besides, the current level of military capacities displayed by the Palestinian Resistance is a consequence of widescale Iranian backing, as happily and gratefully acknowledged by the honorable leaderships of Hamas, PIJ, PFLP, PRC and so on. Let's not feel annoyed at their uprightness in this regard. All hail to them.

There is no competition, only one faction is leading pro-active resistance against Israel, it is Hamas.

Indeed, the same Hamas whose leaders repeatedly praise Iran and no other nation-state, for its unrivaled military support, even explicitly stating that without Iran's assistance, they wouldn't have been able to achieve these feats.

He is a poster boy for Iranian regime/IRGC. IRGC as a whole played a role. Not sure why you are trying to attribute this to one man. It's policy of Iranian state and gov't as a whole. I think you want to make him out to be some role model for Muslims. You are going to have trouble in that case after his involvement in Iraq/Syria. You are free to believe whatever you want about him, though.

I'm certainly not trying to claim that a single person can replace an entire military unit.

However, there's still a world of difference between claiming one person does everything, and qualifying an outstanding military commander such as Qassem Soleimani with a steady and amply documented record of field activity as a mere "poster boy", which suggests he had no concrete role in any military operations whatsoever. Let's be reasonable in our choice of words.

Again, you are not well informed on the details. Some of weapons are Iranian, many aren't.

Some of funding to buy weapons is from Iran, much of it isn't.

Much of it is, some of it isn't.

Which is reflected in the quantities of praise Palestinian leaders heap upon Iran versus other governments.

Simple elementary logic: if out of all outside actors, Iran's support wasn't ranking first, then Resistance leaders would not need to praise Iran this much more than anybody else, even from a purely utilitarian perspective (but they do not simolt think in utilitarian terms).

Iran helps train Palestinians on improving rockets, and Palestinians build them in Gaza. There are plenty of Egyptian, Libyan, Russian, and Chinese weapons/equipment there.

1) Apart from transferring the know how to manufacture the rockets locally, Iran has provided drones or drone parts, Iranian-manufactured antitank guided missiles and more. As far as drones are concerned, Iran has played a particularly salient role in enabling the Resistance.

2) No state actor other than Iran has extended military support to the Palestinian Resistance. The above quote does not invalidate my statement. I never claimed anything other than that. And there's no need to feel angered from this simple and accurate fact I reminded, I have had no other motives than responding to someone who tried to portray Iran as not being able to take the slightest direct or indirect measure against Isra"el".

This is not true, Egypt, Libya and Sudan had political will to make such weapons shipments to Gaza or turn blind eye to them. Egyptian military has a policy to turn blind eye to weapons smuggling into Gaza, whether you believe it or not. But, yes, I gave credit to Iran for being official sponsor and have no issues doing that.

Making actual weapons shipments and turning a blind eye on them isn't the same. But the Sisi regime is known for having taken increased measures to curtail smuggling activities from the Sinai into Gaza.

No, he has involvement in Iraq/Syria/Lebanon but little involvement with Gaza. Especially this 'day to day' you speak of, which is nonsense. Gaza and all military resistance activities directed out of it are directed by holy Hamas.

Well, I shall stick with what Palestinian leaders have claimed. I cannot believe for a second that they were twisting the truth for political or other benefits. This wouldn't be the Islamic way either.

Everyone here is well aware Iranian support doesn't come for free. And we saw what happened to Hamas after they renounced the Assad regime.

Iranian support continued to this day. In the end this is what matters most.

No it is not.

It is.

They abandoned pro-active resistance and more interested in doing Iran's bidding in region against other Muslims.

Iran's entire policy is primarily geared towards resisting zionist and western imperialism in the region. Everything else stems from that overarching goal.

The Iranian-backed Resistance groups did not abandoned their Resistance strategy. They didn't change their policies.

You are even advocating national defense policy here, which is very different from pro-active resistance and Jihad, or claiming to be Islamic Resistance Movement. Do you even what Hezbollah market themselves as??

This applies to Hamas as well. I have never heard of Hamas sending their forces into other places than Palestine. By "national" I do not mean the ideology, but the theater of operations they normally contain themselves in.

That is one example of many examples of pro-active resistance by Hamas. You on other hand advocating ordinary national defense policy for Lebanon.

If 20 peaceful Lebanese protesters, including 9 children, were to get murdered by zionist occupation forces and Ramadan prayers in south Lebanese mosques disturbed by the latter, I would advocate military level retaliation.

Hezbollah is not a pro-active resistance group anymore. It's policy is same as Lebanese army policy.

What's the point of repeating a term without having precisely defined it nor cited concrete examples. Hezbollah's basic policy is no different from Hamas policy: the day when 90% of Lebanon is occupied by zionists, Lebanese mosques are raided by zionists and 20 unarmed Lebanese protesters are massacred by zionist troops, Hezbollah will surely fight back just as Hamas did.

You must have been sleeping this whole time when Hezbollah tells the Muslim world it is a Jihadi group and Islamic Resistance Movement that will work towards liberating Palestine. These are not light responsibilities to declare for yourselves. If you cannot own up to it, you are not worthy to be associated with such titles or responsibilities.

Work towards and launch offensive operations when there is no casus belli are two different pair of shoes. When there is no major provocation by Tel Aviv, Hamas will not launch large-scale offensive operations either. And this is while 90% of their homeland is currently occupied by an usurpating regime, whereas Lebanese territory is free from occupation.

This is not pro-active Resistance. And I even doubt this equation will be held up. No one buys it.

The zionists find it credible. Which is why they have been deterred from any further military adventures in Lebanon for the past 15 years, an exceptional record in recent times.

When you call Iran Islamic, then you are implying the opposite of that. Or when you say they oppose Zionist influence. It's more like they advocate eastern domination of region versus Western. That's what you mean about anti-Zionist influence. But, that is not what being anti-Jewish is. Eastern populations are just as doomed by Zionist cultural influence. If your people don't resist that culture, you are not anti-Zionist. Holy Hamas in Gaza is anti-Jewish culture and so are the people of Gaza. Palestinian population on average is more conservative than Iranian.

When I call Iran Islamic, I am primarily referring to the state of Iran i. e. the Islamic Republic of Iran, and then to the dominant religious culture of the country, which is Muslim too.

Iranian culture is completely non-Jewish, but not anti-Jewish as in hostile to Jewish people per se. Jews are a people of the book and are to be treated accordingly as per Islamic jurisprudence. The political movement that is zionism, however (and which also has Christian, Muslim, Hindu, atheist and other adherents), is of course a different matter. The ideology of the Islamic Republic of Iran, i. e. Khomeinism, is a hundred percent anti-zionist. Whereas Imam Khomeini did in some rare cases evoke the remote possibility that Iran and the US might reestablish ties - provided the latter changes its policies, he never accepted any sort of compromise on Palestine.

The inner revolutionary core of the Islamic Republic and its support base (so-called Hezbollahis, Basijis, etc), are extremely pious people. At least as much as the average Palestinian. I am no supporter of Iranian liberals and reformists who stray from the Imam's path.

Lebanon is riddled with nightclubs, drug use, pre-marital relations, unlawful marriages(in Islam), drinking, etc.... Jewish influence has devastated Lebanese. None of this happens in Gaza ruled by Hamas.

Hezbollah's close support base and their membership are pious too. Lebanese society on the whole is also more diverse and larger than Gaza. Hezbollah has to cope with this reality, they cannot forcibly convert non-Muslims to Islam nor impose Sharia law under these circumstances.

In what way did it change the world? Changed nothing about Asia, Europe, US, Canada, Russia, etc.... It mostly brought about an Arab-Iranian rivalry which has hurt both Iranian and Arab peoples. Made them both poor and struggling.

This so-called rivalry was a counter-strategy deployed by the enemies of the Islamic Revolution in order to contain it. The 1979 Islamic Revolution allowed Iranians to gain back their independence and self-determination. Because of the Revolution, Iran extended support to about every Islamic movement (both Sunni and Shia) from Morocco to the Philippines. It assisted many downtrodden peoples in their struggle against imperial oppressors (Lebanon, Palestine, Afghanistan, Bosnia, South Africa, Venezuela, etc).

And most importantly, it offers an alternative model of development which is living proof of the fact that Muslim and even non-Muslim developing nations need not become dependent of the US or other imperial powers in order to progress, but can aim for self-sufficiency (Iran's Human Development Index is near equal to Turkey's - forget about western and zionist propaganda claiming that Iran regressed after the Revolution in terms of development, that's just a lie).

If you consider weapons to be empowering, sure, but once again, weapons cannot produce culture or ideology needed to make use of weapons. This is why Iranian allies besides Hamas, are essentially paralyzed in the pro-active resistance struggle against Israel led by Hamas.

We must compare what's comparable, only then can we judge. Palestinians are subjected to regular episodes of mass murder by the zionist regime. It is then that Hamas takes up arms, rarely before. Whereas Lebanese for instance aren't suffering from the same kind of aggression for now. Hence Hezbollah doesn't have to make use of its weapons. The minute when zionists try to pull the same oppressive tactics they employ against Palestinians on the Lebanese, Hezbollah will also immediately retaliate with force.

Israel has no interest in Lebanon, they consider Palestine to be their land.

Isra"el" is an expansionist entity which refuses to define its borders, unlike any regular nation-state. Plus, it is known for interfering in other countries' domestic affairs and trying to destabilize them. It also pursues a long term plan to balkanize larger nation-states in its vicinity, in order to tighten its regional hegemony.

Therefore no neighboring state can ever consider itself completely safe from harmful zionist actions, especially if they have not normalized their relations with Tel Aviv.

If Isra"el" hasn't embarked on another military adventure in Lebanon since 2006, it is largely thanks to Hezbollah's deterrence power.

That said, of course it is the Palestinian people who on a daily basis are the zionist apartheid regime's most immediate and most regular and victims. Hence, logically, they are more often in situations of direct armed conflict against Tel Aviv.

Yep, so only if Israel suddenly invades pro-Resistance nations will we do anything. You are admitting that your factions are not resistance factions. Nor Islamic movements or Jihadi movements. Hamas is an Islamic Resistance movement and thus leading the resistance against Israel.

I didn't say the Resistance won't do anything. Case in point, Iran's assistance to the Palestinian Resistance. Plus all the activities conducted on the non-military level (intelligence, media, politics, diplomacy etc).

However when it comes to engaging in large-scale military operations, the other members of the Resistance will have comparable rules of engagement and red lines as the Palestinian Resistance in Gaza. Should a situation arise similar to those which compelled Hamas to fight back, they too will fight back.

Btw, their special forces invaded Syria two nights ago and planted a bomb to blow up Hezbollah outposts in Syria. No one fired anything at them. This a state of being paralyzed.

Syria is in a particular situation and cannot afford any kind of escalation with Tel Aviv. However, one also has to see that all these strikes on Syria which the zionists like to boast about, have done next to nothing to change the overall strategic equation or balance of power. They are mostly a PR and psy-ops device for Tel Aviv. Don't buy into their propaganda.

- - - - - - -

Now, this discussion is not on topic. The thread is about the sinking of the Iranian Navy vessel Kharg.

Both Gaza and Iran's general policy against Isra"el" are off topic. Therefore I would reiterate my suggestion to return back to the subject of the thread, or to open a different ones to discuss other things.

I guess moderators might be of help here.

@LeGenD @waz The thread is going way off topic. This started when user Numerous posted a relatively provocative and largely off-topic comment about Iranian warnings to Isra"el" and the assassination of general Soleimani by Washington. Could users be invited to stay on topic and/or take unrelated discussions elsewhere? Thank you.

Last edited:
Bro you are wasting your time with him!

Why?

What a random guy knows about rockets?

The answer is simple!

Nothing 🙄

Look at this picture:

View attachment 750134

For God's sake why we need to develop a buried launch system like that when we can launch our ballistic missiles from our underground facilities with ease?

Because it's developed specifically for Gaza!

And it's only useful for the type of rockets Hamas currently have!

The other launch system:

View attachment 750135

Developed for Fateh ballistic missile family!

Yeah we can use them for surprise attacks with our anti ship ballistic missiles against enemy ships in Persian gulf and gulf of Oman ... but!

They exactly developed that launch tubes for Hezbollah's Fateh ballistic missiles 🤡

This is why Israel dares not to touch Hezbollah and Lebanon anymore!

All the people with knowledge confirm, developing these things is not possible in Gaza because you need years of experience and R&D to design and develop something like that to be cheap and easy enough to make (and functional) in an isolated place like Gaza.

I don't say Palestinians are not able to develop science by themselves but let's be logical, you need to test that thing for real for multiple times and where?

In Gaza?

Is that possible under 24/7 reconnaissance check outs?

NO

So... i know there is no harm in discussion but in a logical atmosphere which is none existant here 🤕

🍺😎

I agree that further discussion on this off-topic subject is pointless. I also don't get the insistence on these questions. Interesting analysis on these new developments by Iran, thanks.

The largest warship in the Iranian navy caught fire and later sank Wednesday in the Gulf of Oman under unclear circumstances, the latest calamity to strike one of the country's vessels in recent years amid tensions with the West.

The blaze began around 2.25am local time and firefighters tried to contain it, the Fars news agency reported, but their efforts failed to save the 207-metre Kharg, which was used to resupply other ships in the fleet at sea and conduct training exercises.

State media reported 400 sailors and trainee cadets on board fled the vessel, with 33 suffering injuries.

The ship sank near the Iranian port of Jask, some 1270km southeast of Tehran on the Gulf of Oman near the Strait of Hormuz — the narrow mouth of the Persian Gulf. Satellite photos from Planet Labs Inc analysed by The Associated Press showed the Kharg off Jask with no sign of a fire as late as 11am Tuesday.

Photos circulated on Iranian social media of sailors wearing life jackets evacuating the vessel as a fire burned behind them. Fars published video of thick, black smoke rising from the ship early Wednesday morning. Satellites from the US National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration that track fires from space detected a blaze near Jask that started just before the time of the fire reported by Fars.

Iranian officials offered no cause for the fire aboard the Kharg, though they said an investigation had begun. It comes after a series of mysterious explosions that began in 2019 targeting commercial ships in the Gulf of Oman. The US Navy later accused
Iran of targeting the ships with limpet mines, timed explosives typically attached by divers to a vessel's hull.

View attachment 750114
This undated photo provided by the Iranian army shows navy's support ship Kharg. (AP)

Iran denied that, though US Navy footage showed Revolutionary Guard members removing one unexploded limpet mine from a ship. The attacks came amid heightened tensions between the US and Iran after then-President Donald Trump unilaterally withdrew America from Tehran's nuclear deal with world powers. Negotiations on saving the accord continue in Vienna.

In April, an Iranian ship called the MV Saviz believed to be a Guard base and anchored for years in the Red Sea off Yemen was targeted in an attack suspected to have been carried out by Israel. It escalated a yearslong shadow war in the Mideast between the two countries, ranging from strikes in Syria, assaults on ships and attacks on Iran's nuclear program.

The Israeli prime minister's office did not respond to a request for comment Wednesday regarding the Kharg. Pentagon press secretary John Kirby said the US was aware of the loss of the ship, but declined to comment further.

State TV and semiofficial news agencies on Wednesday referred to the Kharg, named after the island that serves as the main oil terminal for Iran, as a "training ship." The vessel often hosted cadets from the Imam Khomeini Naval University on the Caspian Sea.

View attachment 750115
This photo made available by Asriran.com on Wednesday, June 2, 2021 shows personnel standing on Irans navy support ship Kharg after being caught on fire in the Gulf of Oman. (AP)

View attachment 750116
The Iranian navys Kharg support ship is seen in a satellite photograph by Planet Labs Inc. off the coast of Jask, Iran, Tuesday, June 1, 2021. (AP)

Like much of Iran's major military hardware, the Kharg dated back to before Iran's 1979 Islamic Revolution. The warship, built in Britain and launched in 1977, entered the Iranian navy in 1984 after lengthy negotiations.

That ageing military equipment has seen fatal accidents as recently as Tuesday, when a malfunction in the ejector seats of an Iranian F-5 dating back to before the revolution killed two pilots while the aircraft was parked in a hangar.

In recent months, the navy converted a slightly larger commercial tanker called the Makran to use it as a mobile launch platform for helicopters.

The Kharg also could launch helicopters on a smaller scale.

View attachment 750118
This image made from a video released on Wednesday, June 2, 2021 by Asriran.com, shows smoke rising from Irans navy support ship Kharg in the Gulf of Oman. (AP)

But the newer vessel likely can't fill the role of the Kharg, which could handle both refuelling and replenishing supplies of ships at sea, said Mike Connell of the Centre for Naval Analysis, an Arlington, Virginia-based federally funded nonprofit that works for the US government.

The Kharg also was seaworthy enough to sail through the Suez Canal into the Mediterranean Sea and into South Asia in the past and could lift heavy cargo.

"For the regular Iranian navy, this vessel was very valuable because it gave them reach," Connell said.

"That allowed them to conduct operations far afield. They do have other logistics vessels, but the Kharg was kind of the most capable and the largest."

View attachment 750119
The Kharg, the largest warship in the Iranian navy, caught fire and later sank Wednesday in the Gulf of Oman under unclear circumstances, semiofficial news agencies reported. (AP)

The sinking of the Kharg marks the latest naval disaster for Iran. In 2020, during an Iranian military training exercise, a missile mistakenly struck a naval vessel near Jask, killing 19 sailors and wounding 15. Also in 2018, an Iranian navy destroyer sank in the Caspian Sea.

What the heck is going on in Iran?? As if everything there is up for getting burnt down!!! As far as I can remember the fire worshippers are long gone from Iran...
Seems Zionists have penetrated deep inside Iranian military establishment

That ship sails commonly in Hormuz? Or is it a coincidence?

several month ago there was a big fire in a major USA ship, you knew American are not known for their engineering excellence and procedure

You mean the ship that was burning for days and with hardly any crew onboard and still floating compared to your ship that burned for 20 hours and sank with 400 crewmembers onboard?

So what can i say ...

You guys start threads in the Iranian section about Iran creating new militia's in Iraq + other Arab states. Basically terrorism which has been normalized, what should I say about that ..

You mean the ship that was burning for days and with hardly any crew onboard and still floating compared to your ship that burned for 20 hours and sank with 400 crewmembers onboard?
The larger the ship . the harder to sank it. And kharg was evacuated and had no crew in those 20 years . more importantly that usa ship was built as a military ship while kharg was basically an old 45 year old tanker.
Actually, they do.
But their ship got fire while in dock

From the size of the fire and the type of ship, this looks like a fuel fire. I think this ship had large fuel stores. This could be a sabotage, I guess anything can be, but at first blush it seems like a massive fuel fire that they were unable to control.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom