What's new

Featured Largest Iranian Navy ship sinks after mysterious fire

Lol you should really go look up what happens in the end to some of these pics of soleimani and co in gaza. You'll be quite surprised at how the locals treat them. It's apparently far from the embracement seen in the PR vids by Iran funded factions. I've seen them being ripped right off.

I actually watched an interview of a Palestinian with roots in Gaza and he did not paint a pretty picture of how most Gazans view ayotollahs. Gaza isn't like Pakistan where you have groups of people legitimately buying into Iran's propaganda. Gazans mostly hate/dislike/detest your ayotollahs.

Hamas boosting Soleimani is just politics. They need money, Iran pays because it needs PR in the arab world and in return Hamas fakes respect. Although that is a dangerous game. Iran once started their own group in Gaza and Hamas shut down those little terrorists pretty quickly.

Nothing but rhetoric based on "social media" types of anecdotal sources. The post-modern plague of rational thinking and proper research. Here's a fact: Gaza has a population of over 2 million. It is natural to encounter different opinions among these 2 million. You can literally share a thousand "Tweets" showing random unknown people who dislike Soleimani - it wouldn't prove any of the unsubstantiated conclusions you're drawing about what "most Gazans" think.

The question I submitted is a relevant one however: what's the position of the Palestinian Resistance towards Iran? We both know the answer from official statements and other evidence. Starting from here, the next step would consist in trying to gauge the popularity of said Resistance and the ideas they embody. Once again the answer isn't really subject to major debate, seeing how it is reflected in local election results.

"Iranian funded factions"? Well, guess what: every Palestinian Resistance faction of relevance is Iranian-backed. The sad thing for you though, is that none of the people adhering to your line of thought have been able to create a viable Resistance group worthy of that name. And here's why: because no state actor other than Iran is willing to assist Palestinians in doing so. Reason? They lack the required courage and political will, fearing the multi-dimensional reprisals that would then inevitably follow, not just from the zionist regime but also from its American and western vassals.

Meaning that the cost of backing the Palestinian Resistance is unusually elevated. Else every regional adversary of Iran - and there are quite a few of them with deep pockets (all of which are US allies by the way, and some of which even added Tel Aviv to their list of official patrons as of late), would literally rush to the scene to compete with Iran in militarily assisting the Gazans, thereby neutralizing what you term as Iranian "PR" gains in the "Arab world".

And Hamas "faking respect"? Other than the fact that you cannot read minds, your contention is pretty insulting to Hamas members and to its leadership, portraying them as an insincere, hypocritical bunch of utterly low ethical standards who secretly despise the only side willing to fulfill their most pressing requirements, and doing so at a significant cost to itself.

Which by the way goes a long way debunking the claim that Iran is in this for "PR" reasons, rather than out of a principled stance, as well as because the zionist regime represents a threat to Iran as much as to every other (major) nation-state of the region, actually. It certainly would be the most non-economical "PR" strategy in a very long time.

The diatribe about a supposed "terrorist" group (go look up the definition) supposedly set up by Iran is not worthy of being addressed, as you obviously don't know what you're talking about.

Last edited:
Nothing but rhetoric based on "social media" types of anecdotal sources. The post-modern plague of rational thinking and proper research. Here's a fact: Gaza has a population of over 2 million. It is natural to encounter different opinions among these 2 million. You can literally share a thousand "Tweets" showing random unknown people who dislike Soleimani - it wouldn't prove any of the unsubstantiated conclusions you're drawing about what "most Gazans" think.

The question I submitted is a relevant one however: what's the position of the Palestinian Resistance towards Iran? We both know the answer from official statements and other evidence. Starting from there, the next step would consist in trying to gauge the popularity of said Resistance and the ideas they embody. Here again, the answer is not really subject to major debate, seeing how it is reflected in local election results.

"Iranian funded factions"? Well, guess what: every Palestinian Resistance faction of relevance is Iranian-backed. The sad thing for you though, is that none of the people adhering to your line of thought have been able to create a viable Resistance group worthy of that name. And here's why: because no state actor other than Iran is willing to assist Palestinians in doing so. Reason? They lack the required courage and political will, fearing the multi-dimensional reprisals that would then inevitably follow, not just from the zionist regime but also from its American and western vassals.

Meaning that the cost of backing the Palestinian Resistance is unusually elevated. Else every regional adversary of Iran - and there are quite a few of them with deep pockets (all of which are US allies by the way, and some of which even added Tel Aviv to their list of official patrons as of late), would literally rush to the scene to compete with Iran in militarily assisting the Gazans, thereby neutralizing what you claim to be Iranian "PR" gains in the "Arab world".

And Hamas "faking respect"? Other than the fact that you cannot read minds, your contention is pretty insulting to Hamas members and to its leadership, portraying them as an insincere, hypocritical bunch of utterly low ethical standards who secretly despise the only side willing to fulfill their most pressing requirements, and doing so at a significant cost to itself.

Which by the way goes a long way debunking the claim that Iran is in this for "PR" reasons, rather than out of a principled stance, as well as because the zionist regime represents a threat to Iran as much as to every other (major) nation-state of the region, actually. It certainly would be the most non-economical "PR" strategy in a very long time.

The diatribe about a supposed "terrorist" group (go look up the definition) supposedly set up by Iran is not worthy of being addressed, as you obviously don't know what you're talking about.

Are you relying on tiny and war torn Gaza to boost your reputation and provide deterrence for you? Where are your much better equipped allies in Syria, Iraq and Lebanon? They are seemingly busy trying to wrestle control over Syria/Iraq. The Iranian long game to go nuclear will not work if these allies of Iran aren't utilized for the right purposes. US knows how to play long game better than Iran. I can tell you if these allies of Iran were like Hamas, than Iran would be feared and these covert and stealth acts of war wouldn't be happening so often. The people in Gaza are the worst equipped out of all Iranian allies, but they have the right intentions, willpower, and courage to fight the right enemy, unlike the Iranian allies which is busy warring with the people Syria and Iraq. So, do not try to assume Gaza as a product of Iranian strategy/culture. It isn't. It's product of culture Hamas infused into it.

so it was flag ship of iran really ?
Was for many years until makran get commissioned.
Iraq was on the defensive against an aggressor attempting to spark internal strife. The Majoos fought very badly in the 80s, human-wave attacks.

Soleimani (pseudo-genius general) taugh tthe same human-wave tactics to the PMU, whom in the battle of Tikrit suffered many casualties and gave up on clearing the city center.

I don't have to hate, take a look at the Shias in Iraq and how fed up they are with the Majoos. It's a matter of time
Thats why we didnt accept peace after liberation of Khorramshahr. We knew people like you would say that. Let me inform you onething. UN says something else about who was on offensive and who was defending.

Was for many years until makran get commissioned.

Thats why we didnt accept peace after liberation of Khorramshahr. We knew people like you would say that. Let me inform you onething. UN says something else about who was on offensive and who was defending.

Iran's 1982 refusal of accepting the cease fire, only accepting it in 1988 when losing. This makes it an aggressor.

Either way, your general's tactics sucked back then and it sucked in Iraq's PMF recently as well.

Are you relying on tiny and war torn Gaza to boost your reputation and provide deterrence for you?

If it is Islamic Iran you are referring to, then my previous post addressed this question in length already. I responded to a user who was belittling Iran's engagement against the zionist entity in an uncalled for, provocative and off-topic post. And I did so by raising a valid point.

Where are your much better equipped allies in Syria, Iraq and Lebanon?

As far equipment goes, a look at the map of the region will clarify why Gaza is much harder to access for Iran than Syria, Iraq or Lebanon. Though I must say, the explanations provided by a PIJ official on Iranian TV about how shahid Soleimani went about smuggling equipment into Gaza right under the nose of the zionists and their tight surveillance measures were quite fascinating (I guess he didn't disclose half of it though, for obvious reasons).

The Iranian long game to go nuclear will not work if these allies of Iran aren't utilized for the right purposes. US knows how to play long game better than Iran. I can tell you if these allies of Iran were like Hamas, than Iran would be feared and these covert and stealth acts of war wouldn't be happening so often. The people in Gaza are the worst equipped out of all Iranian allies, but they have the right intentions, willpower, and courage to fight the right enemy, unlike the Iranian allies which is busy warring with the people Syria and Iraq.

I wouldn't label Hezbollah as lacking willpower, courage, right intentions and specially competence. Iraqi PMU are certainly an asset too, given their numbers. The Syrian government however is too weak for now to be able to contribute in any significant manner.

So, do not try to assume Gaza as a product of Iranian strategy/culture. It isn't. It's product of culture Hamas infused into it.

It seems to me that I never discussed nor even mentioned this issue. It's not something I intended to address. Go read my discussion with the zionist user in the Middle Eastern section, where I reminded him that Palestinians aren't resisting because Iran incites them to (as he was suggesting), but because Isra"el" has been oppressing them. What interests me though, is how Iran assists and empowers the Palestinian Resistance, something that sets Iran apart from every other state actor in the region and beyond.

Last edited:
Iran's 1982 refusal of accepting the cease fire, only accepting it in 1988 when losing. This makes it an aggressor.

There's no obligation to accept a unilateral ceasefire proposal if its terms do not meet standards (such as recognizing who the aggressor was). Therefore the quoted objection isn't valid.

If it is Islamic Iran you are referring to, then my previous post addressed this question in length already.

Islamic republic of Iran .... Anyhow, I don't know how Gaza was brought up to this discussion.

As far equipment goes, a look at the map of the region will clarify why Gaza is much harder to access for Iran than Syria, Iraq or Lebanon. Though I must say, the explanations provided by the PIJ official on Iranian TV about how shahid Soleimani went about smuggling equipment into Gaza right under the nose of the zionists and their tight surveillance measures were quite fascinating (I guess he didn't disclose half of it though, for obvious reasons).

We all know it is harder to deliver arms to Gaza than other regions. Smuggling in Gaza is all as a result of smuggling tunnels built by Gazans, Palestinian population in Al-Arish and Sinai, and compliance of Egyptian officers. It is not about Soleimani. Don't take credit again for something you didn't do. I know very well how this smuggling takes place in both Egyptian and Palestinian side and have been there on the ground.

That had nothing to do with what I was saying. We are simply mentioning the fact that Iranian allies are much better equipped to deal with Israeli threat or help provide deterrence for Iran. They are not delivering on either end, with exception of Hezbollah in Lebanon. And Iran knows that is trying to hold unto to that card for as long as possible. It doesn't want to deploy it.

I wouldn't label Hezbollah as lacking willpower, courage, right intentions and specially competence. Iraqi PMU are certainly an asset too, given their numbers. The Syrian government however is too weak for now to be able to contribute in any significant manner.

Hezbollah most certainly lack willpower to engage in military struggle with Israel. Their internal politics is a mess. Their supporters don't know what to expect from Hezbollah anymore. The movement lost direction ever since death of Imad Mughineyeh.

Iraqi PMU is intended to wrestle control over Iraqi state, they are not useful for anything else.

It seems to me that I never discussed nor even mentioned this issue. It's not something I intended to address. Go read my discussion with the zionist user in the Middle Eastern section, where I reminded him that Palestinians aren't resisting because Iran incites them to (as he was suggesting), but because Isra"el" has been oppressing them. What interests me though, is how Iran assists and empowers the Palestinian Resistance, something that sets Iran apart from every other state actor in the region and beyond.

Okay, I will look back at this discussion, but what I am telling you is there is a culture problem within the Iranian-led Resistance Axis with obvious exception being Hamas. If Hamas was governing Syria and represented Hezbollah's role in Lebanon, we are looking at a very different region with unique political and social dynamics. Hamas would pose an existential threat to Israel in that case, militarily, and because of their popular reach in the Arab and Muslim world. They are doing something right with the culture, and their fighting spirit against all odds is a direct product of the culture they have infused Gaza with.

Iran-led Resistance axis needs a cultural and social reevaluation.

There's no obligation to accept a unilateral ceasefire proposal if its terms do not meet standards (such as recognizing who the aggressor was). Therefore the quoted objection isn't valid.

Except when Iran was losing in 1988, then suddenly those standards didn't mean much? Suddenly it was accepted.

You speak as if Iran cares about what is constitutional, give me a break boy.
Islamic republic of Iran .... Anyhow, I don't know how Gaza was brought up to this discussion.

We all know it is harder to deliver arms to Gaza than other regions. Smuggling in Gaza is all as a result of smuggling tunnels built by Gazans, Palestinian population in Al-Arish and Sinai, and compliance of Egyptian officers. It is not about Soleimani. Don't take credit again for something you didn't do. I know very well how this smuggling takes place in both Egyptian and Palestinian side and have been there on the ground.

That had nothing to do with what I was saying. We are simply mentioning the fact that Iranian allies are much better equipped to deal with Israeli threat or help provide deterrence for Iran. They are not delivering on either end, with exception of Hezbollah in Lebanon. And Iran knows that is trying to hold unto to that card for as long as possible. It doesn't want to deploy it.

Hezbollah most certainly lack willpower to engage in military struggle with Israel. Their internal politics is a mess. Their supporters don't know what to expect from Hezbollah anymore. The movement lost direction ever since death of Imad Mughineyeh.

Iraqi PMU is intended to wrestle control over Iraqi state, they are not useful for anything else.

Okay, I will look back at this discussion, but what I am telling you is there is a culture problem within the Iranian-led Resistance Axis with obvious exception being Hamas. If Hamas was governing Syria and represented Hezbollah's role in Lebanon, we are looking at a very different region with unique political and social dynamics. Hamas would pose an existential threat to Israel in that case, militarily, and because of their popular reach in the Arab and Muslim world. They are doing something right with the culture, and their fighting spirit against all odds is a direct product of the culture they have infused Gaza with.

In the interest of Iraq and Lebanon, the "Iran-led axis", which are now a number of group that challenge the state needs dismantling. In Iraq, the largest PMU groups are disobeying Iran today, their funding comes straight from Iraq. Not that this means they're not an issue, given their leadership as mullah ball lickers.

Israel isn't challenged by this axis, they burn Lebanon whenever they want.

The other user belittled Iran's engagement against Isra"el". It was uncalled for and akin to flamebaiting when considering the subject of this thread. Several of us were compelled to respond, and well, Gaza is the prime example of Iranian actions against the zionist regime. Had the user refrained from posting such a provocation, Gaza wouldn't have needed to be mentioned here.

Smuggling in Gaza is all as a result of smuggling tunnels built by Gazans, Palestinian population in Al-Arish and Sinai, and compliance of Egyptian officers. It is not about Soleimani. Don't take credit again for something you didn't do. I know very well how this smuggling takes place in both Egyptian and Palestinian side and have been there on the ground.

There's no need to artificially oppose these two parts of the equation (Egyptian and Gazan locals on the one hand, and Iranians on the other), or to depict them as if they were competing against each other. Everybody understands that local actors need to be implicated for any smuggling to e possible. Also I don't remember ever denying it.

Claiming that shahid Soleimani had no role to play in these operations however would be wrong too. Firstly because Iran needs to send the materiel over to Egypt in the first place, which when looking at a map will be shown to be a special endeavor of its own. And secondly because a PIJ official spoke of personal Soleimani's involvement in a quite detailed manner, so I don't believe he's lying.

The fact that I focus on Iran's contribution is because it is my primary area of interest, and does not mean that I am denying by the same token any of the efforts done by locals actors.

It would be a strategic mistake to deploy Hezbollah in an offensive manner against Isra"el". Hezbollah's purpose had always been to protect Lebanese lands from zionist aggression, after they managed to expel the occupiers in the early 2000's. This already cornered the regime in Tel Aviv in the sense that it made expansion or adventurism beyond its northern borders a near impossibility. Before Hezbollah, Isra"el" could walk in and out of Lebanon as it wished, give chase to the PLO deep into Lebanon, massacre refugees there (Qana etc).

I believe that if Iran is subjected to a full fledged, large scale war of aggression by the US (Isra"el" on its own lacks the means), then there might be enough political justification for Hezbollah to step in in an offensive manner - Hezbollah could argue tell the domestic public in Lebanon, if Iran falls, our power as an organization will decrease and Lebanon will once again be susceptible to regular acts of aggression and destabilization by Isra"el", so we must intervene now. Asking Hezbollah to go on the offensive outside of this scenario however would be counterproductive (i. e. more to lose than to gain in the strategic equation opposing Tel Aviv and the Resistance).

I cannot see any difference in Hezbollah's overall mode of operation against the zionists. As explained, prior to Imad Mughniyeh's martyrdom, Hezbollah never launched new wars against Isra"el" either. Its purpose has always been to respond to any new round of zionist aggression, in the same manner as the Palestinian Resistance.

In case of necessity (i. e. if the survival of one of the partners in the Resistance is seriously threatened), PMU units can be deployed outside of Iraq. Their advantage being that they really have the numbers, unlike the Lebanese and even the Syrians nowadays (comparatively speaking). Even at the height of Iraq's own struggle against ISIS, a couple thousand PMU units could be deployed as expeditionary forces in Syria.

Personally I don't see a backwards surge in the position of the Resistance Axis. In my opinion, it has been steadily expanding its reach and strengthening its foundations, locking away zionist influence from more and more theaters. Of course pressures are never going to cease, and circumstantial setbacks are part of the game.

It would also be preferable not to derail this thread any further.

Khark burned for 20 hours before sinking. enough time to breach the hull and sink her. People love to see Israeli sabotage in every incident that happens in Iran. As if Israel is really as powerful as people like to imagine.
Too much happening - back and forth, for this to be a coincidence. Though I do agree that sometimes there is an over rotation in the blame dept. In this case, this can go either way, sabotage and/or accidental mixed in with incompetence.

Also the fact they were unable to control the fires speaks to either some bad luck in terms of where the fire took place. Also sinking means there were multiple compartmental failures. Could have been a result of massive secondary explosions. But the irony in navy fire is a breached hull (compartment) tends to naturally put out the fire. The only way this is possible is magazine room fire, which caused massive secondary explosions. Sinking is still such a major event, that I am having a hard time thinking this was purely accidental.

Last edited:
Except when Iran was losing in 1988, then suddenly those standards didn't mean much? Suddenly it was accepted.

You speak as if Iran cares about what is constitutional, give me a break boy.

I said you are not forced to accept by international (not constitutional) law as long as basic criteria aren't met. Until then you can't be called aggressor if you refuse to endorse the ceasefire.

And of course law must be evoked here, since you were mentioning aggression, which is, guess what, a legal term!

This was probably the largest naval ship in the Muslim world. Closest thing to an aircraft carrier. It was definitely a huge display of power.

The other user belittled Iran's engagement against Isra"el". It was uncalled for and akin to flamebaiting when considering the subject of this thread.

I saw the post, it wasn't that serious, you could have ignored and moved on. Or you could have defended the Iranian regime citing Iranian regional strategy or its own actions in this regard(the tit for tat between Iran/Israel). The fact that you could only use Gaza as a defense point, supports my point once again, that the Gaza experiment, is a product of the culture of Hamas, and no one else. You cannot replicate Gaza anywhere in your whole Resistance axis.

Several of us were compelled to respond, and well, Gaza is the prime example of Iranian actions against the zionist regime.

Wrong, Gaza is prime product of Hamas culture and ideology.

There's no need to artificially oppose these two parts of the equation (Egyptian and Gazan locals on the one hand, and Iranians on the other), or to depict them as if they were competing against each other. Everybody understands that local actors need to be implicated for any smuggling to e possible. Also I don't remember ever denying it.

Claiming that Soleimani had no role to play in these operations however would be wrong too. Firstly because Iran needs to send the materiel over to Egypt in the first place, which when looking at a map will be shown to be a special endeavor of its own. And secondly because a PIJ official spoke of personal Soleimani's involvement in a quite detailed manner, so I don't believe he's lying.

You have no idea what you're talking about, the hardest part is not getting weapons to Egypt, it's getting them through Sinai into Gaza. Which is 90% work of Palestinians. There is no Iranians there. And much of weapons smuggled are purchased, not all of them are direct weapons shipments form Iran.

Soleimani is a poster boy for Iranian regime, smuggling operations involve whole of IRGC. Soleimani was acting more like a senior politician heeding to their military needs and relaying these needs back to IRGC leadership. It does not matter what PIJ says. They have to say to get support from Iran. Hamas is ruler of Gaza and the one who controls smuggling along the border and in Sinai. It's well known who is doing smuggling on the ground, it's Palestinians/Egyptians and as a result of their hard work and determination.

The fact that I focus on Iran's contribution is because it is my primary area of interest, and does not mean that I am denying by the same token any of the efforts done by locals actors.

Yes, I know that, but in the process you are misrepresenting collective situation/context on the ground.

It would be a strategic mistake to deploy Hezbollah in an offensive manner against Isra"el". Hezbollah's purpose had always been to protect Lebanese lands from zionist aggression, after they managed to expel the occupiers in the early 2000's. This already cornered the regime in Tel Aviv in the sense that it made expansion or adventurism beyond its northern borders a near impossibility. Before Hezbollah, Isra"el" could walk in and out of Lebanon as it wished, give chase to the PLO deep into Lebanon, massacre refugees there (Qana etc).

I don't disagree that it would be a mistake to deploy Hezbollah, but I am telling you as a movement as a whole they have lost direction and willpower to participate in armed struggle with Israel. I am not saying they need to either, they are Lebanese people who make their own dependent decisions. What I am saying is those representing a true resistance spirit are Hamas and PIJ in Gaza, and no one else.

I cannot see any difference in Hezbollah's overall mode of operation against the zionists. As explained, prior to Imad Mughniyeh's martyrdom, Hezbollah never launched new wars against Isra"el" either. Its purpose has always been to respond to any new round of zionist aggression, in the same manner as the Palestinian Resistance.

I'm sorry, but you are wrong here, Palestinian Resistance is proactive and not simply responding to 'new rounds of Zionist aggression'. The discussion about whether Hezbollah lost direction or not is subjective so we can agree to disagree.

Hezbollah markets itself as a proactive Resistance group, which it is not, this is the problem.

In case of necessity (i. e. if the survival of one of the partners in the Resistance is seriously threatened), PMU units can be deployed outside of Iraq. Their advantage being that they really have the numbers, unlike the Lebanese and even the Syrians nowadays (comparatively speaking). Even at the height of Iraq's own struggle against ISIS, a couple thousand PMU units could be deployed as expeditionary forces in Syria.

These are all hypotheticals and imaginary scenarios of yours. The reality is they have no intention of joining military struggle against Israel. And this is evident by the recent statement released on their behalf, where they said they would get involved only if US military began directly striking Gaza, which is not going to happen, and thus another excuse to remain sidelined.

Personally I don't see a backwards surge in the position of the Resistance Axis. In my opinion, it has been steadily expanding its reach and strengthening its foundations, locking away zionist influence from more and more theaters. Of course pressures are never going to cease, and circumstantial setbacks are part of the game.

I have no idea what you mean by Zionist influence, it seems like same ideology of Chinese/Russians towards region. I see too many people calling themselves anti-Jewish or anti-Zionist, you cannot be anti-Jewish if you indulge in anti-God norms and lifestyle. Majority of Iranian population indulge in modern lifestyle, as do majority of region. Only ones you can genuinely call anti-Jewish are Hamas in Gaza, which is carrying on the banner of Prophet Mohammed's ideology, which is against Jewish and worldly ideology, culture and ways.

You are detached from reality if you think Iranian regime is doing anything to Jewish influence in the world. If Hamas controlled a country the size of Iran, they would change the face of the Middle East, Europe and Asia. So once again, I reiterate, what's happening in Gaza is product of Hamas culture and ideology, and not Iranian culture or ideology. Not one Iranian supported group can replicate Hamas's persistence and motivation to perpetually confront Israel. Not one of them can convince their own populations to absorb the pain and damage involved. Even though they are much better off than Gaza even with their political problems at home.

Tehran, Iran – One of Iran’s largest navy ships has sunk after catching fire near the Strait of Hormuz under unclear circumstances.

The Kharg, named after an island nearby that serves as a key oil terminal, caught fire in the early hours of Wednesday local time and more than 20 hours of rescue operations failed to save it, the army said.

An image taken late at night showed crew in life jackets running away with a fire raging behind them. Another image, taken in daytime, showed heavy smoke billowing to the sky and fire still burning.

Iran’s army also identified the Kharg as a “training ship” and confirmed there were almost 400 crew and trainees on board, before adding all of them were safely evacuated.

Translation: PR of the second maritime district of Jask has announced that after a fire broke out at the Kharg vessel and personnel were moved to the beach, the rescue operation for the training vessel failed after 20 hours of all-out work due to the spreading of the fire and the vessel rested in the Jask waters.

A local army official told the semi-official Tasnim news agency that 20 people suffered minor burns.

No reason was provided for the cause of the fire.

The vessel sank close to the port of Jask in the south of the country, near the Strait of Hormuz, a strategic waterway.

The vessel was built in Britain and launched shortly before Iran’s 1979 Revolution and entered the Iranian navy in 1984 after several years of negotiations.

The army official told Tasnim that much of its equipment had been overhauled by Iranian engineers in recent years.

It was capable of providing replenishment at sea to help other ships, could lift heavy cargo and also had launch and landing pads for helicopters.

The Kharg’s sinking marks the latest big naval incident for Iran in recent years.

Last year, a missile was mistakenly fired during a military training exercise at sea, killing 19 sailors and wounding 15 others.

An Iranian navy destroyer also sank in the Caspian Sea in 2018.

Seems like israel has struck multiple targets in iran today.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom