What's new

Japanese/Korean/Chinese/Indonesian and other Far East Movies on Netflix

I think it should be extend to other Apps like Apple TV, Disney, and others, probably next year is available in those apps

The story about stealing most expensive drawing, Raden Saleh, that is put inside Indonesia President Palace.

Here the real drawing behind Sri Mulyani, our Finance Minister

1668430316331.png

Dunno about movies but Kingdom (the zombie one) was a pretty good south Korean series

Thailand is the only state that has some bits of widespread softpower in sea states.

Who says Jin Yong is dead?
New Donnie Yen movie about Qiao Feng from Demi-gods & Semi-devils!

Indonesian movie, The Big 4, is the top movie on Netflix worldwide yesterday. First ASEAN movie on Netflix top chart

download.jpg

Indonesia movie

Foxtrot Six (2018)

Last edited:
Yawn, Jin Yong is like Bruce Lee, Jet Li, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sylvester Stalone. Good during the golden age. But, nobody looks up to them anymore.

Nowadays people look up to xianxia and scifi and donghua-style anime girls. The age of wuxia is long passe.

I like war movies with ancient story, but I would say Chinese movies on this genre has already been lost to Japanese and Korean. The fight look too imaginative and not real. I mean just look how Japanese made movie like this :

And Korean made movie

Hollywood or Western Netflix movies are still popular though with this genre where people are fighting with swords

People are subscribing Prime Video in order to watch these kind movies

I only watch Great Wall for Chinese related movie but it is made by Western producer

Indonesia has this witch is added with humor. Available on Netflix

I like war movies with ancient story, but I would say Chinese movies on this genre has already been lost to Japanese and Korean. The fight look too imaginative and not real. I mean just look how Japanese made movie like this :

And Korean made movie

Hollywood or Western Netflix movies are still popular though with this genre where people are fighting with swords

People are subscribing Prime Video in order to watch these kind movies

I only watch Great Wall for Chinese related movie but it is made by Western producer

To be fair, wuxia is supposed to have a bit of qigong kung fu going so we have energy launching fist/fingers and all, it's not 100% realistic, but it's not 100% flowery kungfu like xianxia since your main character still bleeds and killed by arrow.
Yawn, Jin Yong is like Bruce Lee, Jet Li, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sylvester Stalone. Good during the golden age. But, nobody looks up to them anymore.

Nowadays people look up to xianxia and scifi and donghua-style anime girls. The age of wuxia is long passe.
Meanwhile, it's Jin Yong's novels who keep getting adaptation and talked about, more common people know about them, while these xianxia/sci-fi are just passing winds. Not sure about anime girls but that's more of a japanese kind of thing.

To be fair, wuxia is supposed to have a bit of qigong kung fu going so we have energy launching fist/fingers and all, it's not 100% realistic, but it's not 100% flowery kungfu like xianxia since your main character still bleeds and killed by arrow.

Meanwhile, it's Jin Yong's novels who keep getting adaptation and talked about, more common people know about them, while these xianxia/sci-fi are just passing winds. Not sure about anime girls but that's more of a japanese kind of thinthinghe

LoL, just look at Jackie Chan. Nobody cares about Jackie Chan anymore after Wu Jing became popular. The one thats passing wind are old farts like Jin Yong and JC. Can go to WeTV and check it out yourself, the only Jin Yong Tencent ever adapted was Fox Volant little known story from Jin Yong. This the biggest ent company in China with vast library of works and one little unknown story from Jin Yong...

LoL, just look at Jackie Chan. Nobody cares about Jackie Chan anymore after Wu Jing became popular. The one thats passing wind are old farts like Jin Yong and JC. Can go to WeTV and check it out yourself, the only Jin Yong Tencent ever adapted was Fox Volant little known story from Jin Yong. This the biggest ent company in China with vast library of works and one little unknown story from Jin Yong...
Jackie Chan, Bruce Lee, Jet Li are all more popular and well-known than Wu Jing ever is tho. Wu Jing nowadays is known for tryhard action films, which he isn't very good at since he used to play prettyboy.
And I don't have to list the amount of adaptation Jin Yong novels got over the years, Condor heroes got like what, 5? (2 HK, 3 chinese?). And this is TVB (biggest channel in HK) and CCTV (biggest channel in China).

Tencent is known for mobile games mostly, not movies adaptation.

Disney made movie about South East Asian story.

Only can be watched in Disney Hot Star or pay per view in some Video streaming

Soundtrack also uses SEA singers with lead singer is Raisa Andriana from Indonesia

Indonesian movie, The Big 4, is the top movie on Netflix worldwide yesterday. First ASEAN movie on Netflix top chart

download.jpg

Indonesia movie

Foxtrot Six (2018)

Arie Kriting screaming wkwkwk

We also can bring Indonesian movies in other video streaming like Disney HotStar. Many Indonesian made movies can be found in Disney Hot star as well

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom