What's new

J-K not part of India, seeking plebiscite not a crime: Engineer Rashid

Maravan

Reaction score
Country
India
http://idrw.org/j-k-not-part-of-india-seeking-plebiscite-not-a-crime-engineer-rashid/

Jammu and Kashmir firebrand legislator Sheikh Abdul Rashid, who is also known as Engineer Rashid, on Wednesday said the “J-K is not a part of India just like Azad Kashmir is not a part of Pakistan”.

Angry over the “continuous restrictions”on his activities by the police, Rashid alleged that he was being victimised by the Indian state for speaking the truth in the state assembly.

“My every activity is peaceful. If I speak the truth, then why are they stopping me? We want them to resolve the issue of Kashmir and seeking plebiscite is not a crime. I will raise the demand till my death. Even if you hang me, I will still maintain that neither Azad Kashmir is the part of Pakistan nor Jammu and Kashmir is the part of India. Let us go for a plebiscite and let us allow people of Kashmir and Jammu to decide which side of the border they want to go,”Rashid said, while addressing a press conference in Srinagar.

“24 seats are vacant in the J&K assembly (for the areas under Pakistan rule). May be (after plebiscite) they will also join you and we will get a full quorum,”he said, adding, “If seeking plebiscite is a crime then former Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru committed it before me.”

The press briefing by Rashid came a day after he was allegedly restricted to his home by police in Srinagar despite getting an invitation by the state administration to participate in the Republic Day function.

Rashid said he would be sending a letter to the governor of the state describing as to how he really “fells suffocated after becoming an MLA”.

“During the past 6 years as an MLA, I conveyed your good self on a number of occasions as to how security agencies are creating hurdles in my peaceful political activities. However, since last one year the situation seems to have gone from bad to worse due to the reasons best know to the top brasses. It seems to be a well-designed plan to create hurdles in my movement, right to speech and way of working,”he said.

The Langate MLA alleged that he had nothing against police as an institution, but Indian state has been using police to “curb his voice”.

“My request to the governor is to look into the issue otherwise I will be forced to resign from assembly,”he said.

“If you can’t face a single individual like Rashid then how are you advising people to fight elections? You are also saying that we will bring militants to negotiation table, but you are not ready to listen to my genuine voice,”he said, adding that he was humiliated at the hands of police and was not allowed to move places like Chenab Valley, Doda, Kishtwar and other places in Jammu.

“My record is before them. I have never pelted a stone. Not a single youth in my constituency has been booked under Public Safety Act. I told people not to pelt stones and that I will raise your political voices in the assembly. That is why I talk of plebiscite in the assembly. Because I know if a youth of Langate will throw a stone he will get a bullet in return. You check the crime rate of Langate. Nobody is protesting there. No one is booked under the PSA,”he claimed.

The independent MLA alleged that those wanting to negotiate with the government over Kashmir issue had been humiliated by the respective union governments.

“First you asked people holding gun to drop weapons and we will talk to you, then you maligned them. Then you wanted Hurriyat to talk. Mirwaiz Umar Farooq, Yasin Malik and others accepted the invitation, but they were also humiliated. You said that you will talk to Pakistan, but are not ready to talk. You said you will talk to democratically elected government but trashed autonomy and self-rule documents,”he said.

Last edited:
Is the worlds largest democracy not able to answer a democratically elected candidate? What's the point in holding kashmir if you aren't able to stop stone pelting for decades?

Is it an empty rhetoric, JK people mingled with indian democracy by showing their participation in the elections? Among the voted community how many participated in the elections to raise their voice like this guy? If Israel's occupation of Palestine is illegal, so as india with Kashmir..

At ground level things r very different
This whole kashmir issue is turning into a big industry (economically)
150 Rs/day for stone pelting
500 Rs for hoisting flag of neighbouring country in lal chowk, Srinagar (Source : a dear frd of mine who studied with me)
With high levels of unemployment in J/K, its easy to lure young boys into all dis !
While hurriyat leaders enjoy cozy life in plush bungalows, their children studying in best colleges......good

500 Rs for hoisting flag of neighbouring country in lal chowk, Srinagar (Source : a dear frd of mine who studied with me)
Why they are still so poor that they are willing to do some serious stuff just for the sake of some money?

Because of article which prohibits others to invest money and purchase land to setup any industry ....
Bro, i ll tell u sumthing bou kashmiris which u ll not noe dere in pakistan.
1stly, Kashmiris enjoy relatively good life and easy1 too. No1 in kashmir pays bills (no income tax, no electricity bills or water bill. if u ask for it......dere ll be riots.....
I went to srinagar once n expected some backward city with ultra hyper youths.....but i was surprised to c high level of living as compared to many comparative indian cities...Talk of isis in kashmir....u can find girls n guys roaming dere in bazzars market wearing jeans n all ..i also talked to local people to get a wind of what i hear in news all time but frankly , locales r not concerned iwth it.....dere main source of income is tourism n dis is all dey want....
N Its everything to do with politics.....Abdullahs,, gillanis.....muftis r all concerned about money...heck omar abdullah even has private ropeway to his mansion near gulmarg !

Is the worlds largest democracy not able to answer a democratically elected candidate? What's the point in holding kashmir if you aren't able to stop stone pelting for decades?

Is it an empty rhetoric, JK people mingled with indian democracy by showing their participation in the elections? Among the voted community how many participated in the elections to raise their voice like this guy? If Israel's occupation of Palestine is illegal, so as india with Kashmir..
First of all, J&K is historically is being part of India, By killing Hindu's and send them out and systemically increased Muslims population and demand separate land wont work.

India is kind enough, See what China has done Tibet , which is not even his land ? and then South China sea?

First of all, J&K is historically is being part of India, By killing Hindu's and send them out and systemically increased Muslims population and demand separate land wont work.

India is kind enough, See what China has done Tibet , which is not even his land ? and then South China sea?

Your history began after 15 August 1947. what are you on about? Before that it was British Raj. what that got to do with you?

Historically, Kashmir is an unfinished business of the partition. It is , has always been a Muslim dominated state.

Pakistani forces invaded Kashmir in 1947. They need to quit and hand back all areas illegally captured by them. Period!

LOL, how cute.

Your history began after 15 August 1947. what are you on about? Before that it was British Raj. what that got to do with you?

Historically, Kashmir is an unfinished business of the partition. It is , has always been a Muslim dominated state.

LOL, how cute.

lol History, goes beyong british RAJ, when india is rule till afgan. india aka Bharat was existed much before. You have not told the real history is not our issue.

Well Muslims came from Outside and settle here. if you support China occupation in Tibet , then Indian Is justified to take back its historic lands.

lol History, goes beyong british RAJ, when india is rule till afgan. india aka Bharat was existed much before. You have not told the real history is not our issue.

Well Muslims came from Outside and settle here. if you support China occupation in Tibet , then Indian Is justified to take back its historic lands.

But last time i check and it wasn't Hindu India but Buddhist nation, why Indian Hindus always try to steal others achievements?

At ground level things r very different
With high levels of unemployment in J/K, its easy to lure young boys into all dis !
While hurriyat leaders enjoy cozy life in plush bungalows, their children studying in best colleges......good

Next stupid bollywood movie script...everyone be prepared..

Killing hindus and sending them out, ok... How it worked with Pakistan and Bangladesh, then? Actually which history you are referring to, religious history or cultural history? Islam may be a religion from outside like it is in Pakistan, but the people aren't and they belong to kashmir.

What about your history? When did it start? What about Muslim history ? Everything which Muslims have gobbled is the reference point for the history and everything before that is vaccum. Is this what you are trying to say?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom