What's new

Iran unveils hypersonic weapon 'Fattah'

I have few questions :

Where Fattah belongs when we talk about family heritage of our missiles ?Which family ?

Apart from missile design it would be interesting to shed light on its guidance system and its fuel type also would be other important parts. how do you compare these advancement in Fattah with time line of other countries (China , US and Russia) which they have reached to these points before us ? How long did it take for them to reach here from previous phases to this point? and how long did it take for our experience ?

Oh come just by producing large no of graduates doesn't mean they will start inventing or accomplishing difficult tasks straight out of university. And yes I accept other Muslim countries including Pakistan are no where near indigenously developing hypersonic missiles.

It actually means exactly that. All the nations in the list of top R&D output and STEM graduates are fully or partially industrialized countries with self-reliance or going towards that way. We are under sanctions for 4 decades still our industrial output ranks at what number ? I would not even post it here since you do not understand STEM grad, R&D output etc ... well it does not change the reality. I would take pride in Iran being in a list made of US, Russia, China, Japan, France etc (see the slides again).

Though Pakistan in near future may get it from China.

Now you are questioning your own country's capability? You really are a toxic person full of conspiracy theories, are not you?

Just like Iran got from Russia.

Provide evidence or be branded a troll.

And just having a missile program doesn't show that a country can develop hypersonics easily. Many countries with missile programs are still away from developing hypersonics.

I got promoted this year, all my other colleagues did not. I must have bribed my superiors according to you .... or I could just be very smart at my job? You have a negative mindset.

Were you an Irani scientist in that program or you are just some God whose words can't be contested?

Whatever I am, I am talking based on evidence, while are you making stupid baseless conjectures and conspiracies with no basis?

It is simple, please provide evidence that Fattah came from Russia. In missiles, the baseline hint of origin is always the diameter and length of stages, you have Fattah's everything in this thread, use anything, and bless us with your expertise.

I have few questions :

Where Fattah belongs when we talk about family heritage of our missiles ?Which family ?

Apart from missile design it would be interesting to shed light on its guidance system and its fuel type also would be other important parts. how do you compare these advancement in Fattah with time line of other countries (China , US and Russia) which they have reached to these points before us ? How long did it take for them to reach here from previous phases to this point? and how long did it take for our experience ?

Origin is definitely Kheybar Shikan which was a borderline glide vehicle.

I always assumed that Iran will one day retire MaRV-IRBMs like Khorramshahr-II/III and Sejjil-II/III and just extend the Kheybar Shikan/Qassem like vehicles to MRBM/IRBM ranges and that seems to be happening. More R&D is going into this family of smaller, lighter solid-fueled missiles than conventional Ballistics.

In a few days Zelensky will confirm that he shot down several Fattahs over Ukraine.

I was thinking he might start taking credit for the Iran-Taliban tension too.

Last edited:
I don't have to be. I have been following Iranian missile development for decades. The issue which you can't see is on one hand you're admitting how advance these technologies are, and on the other hand you're saying Russians would give that technology to someone else? These technologies are too strategic. Russia would never transfer that technology to Iran. Other technologies, maybe, but not something which is currently at the forefront of missile technology!

If Iran could get technology from Russia, it would be jet engine/ airforce technology.

That guy is still caught up in that 90s mentality, if it's shiny it must have come from some "Western" country.

I have asked him for the evidence knowing that we have dimensions, motors, and even thruster count in front of us, if Fattah is Russian or Chinese or Gambian in origin, there will be a technical clue. I am rooting for him to find the technical evidence that he is so fondly propagating here.

The list includes even the prototypes of stuff but the end results of those programs are real inducted hardware. Ask me if you get confused about anything in there, it is a LONG list because Iran makes "everything".
Last time I checked,your greatest military vehicle "export" was the Safir.

Where are the fighter jets? The tanks? the IFVs and the helicopters?

Only some B-movie rate prototypes and a lot of propaganda.

Iran makes ballistic missiles and good clones of ATGMs and UAVs. The rest are propaganda for the masses.

800px-Iranian_Revolutionary_Guard_Air_Force_Shahed_285_Sharifi.jpg

Does this fly with batteries?

What happened to Karrar? Where's your 5th generation stealth fighter?

What's this?

tiam.jpg

Are you kidding me?

fnv_KVz5.jpg

Future Generation Tank?

1 ctoxkqhb4utiR4V4B-C9rg.png

What happened to the Abrams copy Zulfiqar?

montage_Zolfaqhar.jpg

3a67-icapxpi5577796.jpg.4b8a6aa6a875295e023885e992e61e1f.jpg

American General Atomic HGV

sandia-hypersonic1200x600.jpg

Iranian IRGC HGV

Fx6uXUsXsAEGrHO.jpg

I can not believe, some people on military boards are so stupid that they think because Chinese DF-17 or DPRK Hwasong-8-HGV are Wedge shaped then every other glide vehicle should be same. It's like some people in 1950s may have seen Russian MIG-21 going supersonic and thinking oh only nose cone air-intake must be giving planes Mach 2.0 speed so F-4E/D with its sideway air-intakes must be a subsonic thing, Jeez.

Their semantics is a guise for something else Dr. meson…

Iran has made a significant breakthrough!
Last time I checked,your greatest military vehicle "export" was the Safir.

Where are the fighter jets? The tanks? the IFVs and the helicopters?

Only some B-movie rate prototypes and a lot of propaganda.

Iran makes ballistic missiles and good clones of ATGMs and UAVs. The rest are propaganda for the masses.

View attachment 933188
Does this fly with batteries?

What happened to Karrar? Where's your 5th generation stealth fighter?

What's this?

View attachment 933189

Are you kidding me?

View attachment 933190

Future Generation Tank?

View attachment 933191

What happened to the Abrams copy Zulfiqar?

View attachment 933192

View attachment 933193

A decent amount of these photos are from SSJs (Self Sufficiency Jihad) organizations that do these in-house projects on a shoestring budget which eventually get paraded around at events and unveiling ceremonies. They’re not standard issue (or even all that official). Nearly none of them go into mass production and they’re aren’t a good indicator of Iranian “quality” for the most part.

Zulifqar tank is a dead end platform as far as I know. Most resources are being funneled into the development/fabrication and fielding of KARRAR MBT.

Last edited:
A decent amount of these photos are from SSJs (Self Sufficiency Jihad) organizations that do these in-house projects on a shoestring budget which eventually get paraded around at events and unveiling ceremonies. They’re not standard issue (or even all that official). Nearly none of them go into mass production and they’re aren’t a good indicator of Iranian “quality” for the most part.

Zulifqar tank is a dead end platform as far as I know. Most resources are being funneled into the development/fabrication and fielding of KARRAR MBT.
Of course they're not going into production. They should stop making Iran look like a circus with such dumb projects. Every stupid thing the IRGC makes,the government advertises it like an achievement.

Of course they're not going into production. They should stop making Iran look like a circus with such dumb projects. Every stupid thing the IRGC makes,the government advertises it like an achievement.

IRGC ≠ SSJs

You’re quite literally commenting on a thread showing an actual product of the IRGC which is the Hypersonic Missile “FATTAH”.

SSJs and their in-house projects aren’t representative of what the IRGC does at all…

@Foinikas

Don't think of it as Iran can't produce certain hardwares, think of it as it had decided not to invest in those as it had to choose which areas to focus its resources on to create deterrence against numerous adversaries. In terms what areas Iran currently really excels in (to name a few): Missiles, air defence, UAVs, electronic warfare (not publicised as much). Conventional forces such as naval development, ground forces, airforce are developing, albeit at a relatively slow rate. In the background good work is being done but to see major advancements, it will require more funding. Iran is not one of these neighbouring nations that import western hardware, assemble them and then claim they've made them. Iran does not have this luxury nor would it want to do that. It rather produce systems in house. It had no choice but to learn the hard way via reverse engineering (R/E) etc. One thing people forget about R/E is that it can be even more difficult than designing a new product and it requires a very robust scientific and industrial base to actually acomplish. All sensible nations will utilise R/E as part of their technological development phase.

In terms of innovation that you mentioned. Innovation is developed as a necessity when needed and not something you do for the sake of doing it. This is especially the case in the military sector where time and budget is very limited. The most important parameters are 1) is the hardware effective 2) can be economically mass produced. Many times, by simple changes to existing products you can even create an effective and even game changing product.

missile expert said on TV the wedge-shaped hypersonics will be made in the future...

Linkesho dari dadash?
But of course, these other varians of HGV will also be produced.

Last edited:
In terms what areas Iran currently really excels in (to name a few): Missiles, air defence, UAVs, electronic warfare (not publicised as much)
That's why I said Iran makes great ballistic missiles in my first post. As for the Air Defence,it remains to be seen. UAVs are mostly reverse-engineered from Israeli,American and Chinese UAVs,but that's the ballistic missiles are mostly an Iranian product. You know what I mean. A real Iranian product.

@Foinikas

Don't think of it as Iran can't produce certain hardwares, think of it as it had decided not to invest in those as it had to choose which areas to focus its resources on to create deterrence against numerous adversaries. In terms what areas Iran currently really excels in (to name a few): Missiles, air defence, UAVs, electronic warfare (not publicised as much). Conventional forces such as naval development, ground forces, airforce are developing, albeit at a relatively slow rate. In the background good work is being done but to see major advancements, it will require more funding. Iran is not one of these neighbouring nations that import western hardware, assemble them and then claim they've made them. Iran does not have this luxury nor would it want to do that. It rather produce systems in house. It had no choice but to learn the hard way via reverse engineering (R/E) etc. One thing people forget about R/E is that it can be even more difficult than designing a new product and it requires a very robust scientific and industrial base to actually acomplish. All sensible nations will utilise R/E as part of their technological development phase.

In terms of innovation that you mentioned. Innovation is developed as a necessity when needed and not something you do for the sake of doing it. This is especially the case in the military sector where time and budget is very limited. The most important parameters are 1) is the hardware effective 2) can be economically mass produced. Many times, by simple changes to existing products you can even create an effective and even game changing product.

Linkesho dari dadash?
But of course, these other varians of HGV will also be produced.

Funny coming from a Greek. Nearly your entire military equipment is imported from US and other major tech producers. You couldn’t even keep your finances in order and went bankrupt and had to be bailed out by other EU countries. Your military routinely get embarrassed by the Turks military.

Yet you talk about a circus? Have you looked in the damn mirror?

As another user pointed out you are looking at the SSJ which is a paramilitary organization that modernizes old equipment or does low cost projects for military equipment at the university engineer level. Not tied to the core Iranian Artesh or IRGC military industrial complex.

You want Iran in the span of 30 years to build every single military product on face of the earth (fighter jets, tanks, BMs, precise guided munitions, navy ships, drones, air defense systems, etc) from A to Z (which only 3 countries on the planet even do) while being under the worst sanctions regime devised by US Treasury?

What is Greece known for other than an overrated sandwich? (gyro)

Literally all of the western world militaries import American made equipment with some European equipment here and there.

Iran already build air defense systems, missiles, navy ships, submarines, drones, missiles (both cruise, BM, and glide), and much much more on a military budget of less than 20B while China is at 150B+ and US at 800B+ and Russia at 60B+

So yes modernization takes time when you are on massive sanctions and arms control bans. Iran cannot afford to spend a ton of its GDP on its military or get donated equipment from NATO like some countries.

Move along and stop going off topic.

That's why I said Iran makes great ballistic missiles in my first post. As for the Air Defence,it remains to be seen. UAVs are mostly reverse-engineered from Israeli,American and Chinese UAVs,but that's the ballistic missiles are mostly an Iranian product. You know what I mean. A real Iranian product.

Air defence wise, some capabilities were shown via downing of American systems. Frankly most nations' air defences have not seen a proper full blown war in order to really grasp their capabilities. Iranian air defence capabiliies on paper are on par with the most advanced air defences. I've spoken to you previously about Bavar-373 for example.

In terms of UAVs, there are two main reasons why Iran excels. 1) It was actually one of he first/the first nation to use UCAVS all the way back on the 80s in the Iran-Iraq war. It was a relatively crude system, but it showed you even from back then Iran had unmanned systems in mind. 2) Access to Americans UAVs like RQ-170 helped push Iran's technology in this sector by many years. Not sure which Israeli UAVs you're thinking of? As for China, Iran has never used any UAVs from China.

Dispel from this differentiation you're making from 'a real Iranian product' and those you consider to be of less value due to being based on R/Es. The reality is, technology is technology, physics does not change between nations.No need to reinvent the wheel. If R/E nation x's hardware can help you propel your technology in that sector by 10 years, then you'll be fools not to do so!

Anyway, we're going off track. Lets stay on topic.

I don't have to be. I have been following Iranian missile development for decades. The issue which you can't see is on one hand you're admitting how advance these technologies are, and on the other hand you're saying Russians would give that technology to someone else? These technologies are too strategic. Russia would never transfer that technology to Iran. Other technologies, maybe, but not something which is currently at the forefront of missile technology!

If Iran could get technology from Russia, it would be jet engine/ airforce technology.
Russia gave it to you bcz they were losing in Ukraine and Iranian drones really helped them. They were simply desperate to turn the tide of the war. They simply couldn't produce huge no of kamikaze drones in such a short time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom