What's new

Ground Breaking of new Runway at Naval Air Station Ormara

Cornered Tiger

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Ground Breaking of new Runway at Naval Air Station Ormara and inauguration of newly constructed academic block of Cadet College Ormara (CCO) was held today at Ormara, Balochistan. Chief of the Naval Staff Admiral Muhammad Zakaullah NI(M) was the Chief Guest on the occasions.

Upon his arrival the Naval Chief was received by Commander Coast Rear Admiral Abdul Aleem. After the inauguration ceremony of the academic block of CCO, Admiral Muhammad Zakaullah NI(M) interacted with the project team and congratulated for timely completion of the project. He appreciated their spirit and expressed hope that the college will play an important role in the nation building. He said that the role of teachers is most significant in educational institutions. The admiral further added that the teachers of Cadet College Ormara should also focus on character building of cadets along with educational and training activities.

The foundation of Cadet College Ormara was laid in June 2012 and it started functioning in a temporarily arranged building in 2013. Its aim is to bring the young generation of Balochistan in the socio-economic stream of the country at par with other provinces through quality education and training, and facilitate them to come forward to serve the nation. Since its inception, 05 batches of cadets have enrolled in the college. In addition to the academic block, the new building of CCO will comprise cadet hostels, shooting range, science and computer labs, auditorium, play grounds, library and a mosque.

Earlier, the Naval Chief also attended ground breaking ceremony of the new runway at Naval Air Station (Ormara) and unveiled the plaque. During the welcome address, Commander Coast Rear Admiral Abdul Aleem highlighted the significance of the new runway for Naval Air operations in Balochistan and said that the construction of new runway at Ormara is yet another manifestation of Pakistan Navy’s aim of westward expansion.

Both the ceremonies were attended by officials of Pakistan Navy, Frontier Works Organization, Civil Aviation Authority, Civil administration, educationists and a large number of local notables.

6i2LM66.jpg

t2ww2a7.jpg

nP2qH72.jpg

Jh9K3W8.jpg

Looks like pn will add a new runway plus other areas like pn turbat station to accommodate sea kings, p3 and other fleet elements when needed and turbat is inland in case of severe weather forces pn to move inland when required

I hope they give central importance to base security. From the looks of these pictures, securities seems minimal. And I mean security against both terrorist attacks, and military attacks such as aerial warfare.

@WebMaster @Horus @Rashid Mahmood pictures such as the ones posted here only make the job easier for terrorist planners and masterminds. I wish the concern about base security could be raised with relevant quarters so it becomes a central part of planning.

I think
I hope they give central importance to base security. From the looks of these pictures, securities seems minimal. And I mean security against both terrorist attacks, and military attacks such as aerial warfare.

@WebMaster @Horus @Rashid Mahmood pictures such as the ones posted here only make the job easier for terrorist planners and masterminds. I wish the concern about base security could be raised with relevant quarters so it becomes a central part of planning.
pictures like this are available on google maps

I think PN should work with PAF to make this one as a combine operation Air Base with PAF. Moreover, why not use it as Souther/Naval base for CCS - Combat Commanders School?

One is in North as Risalpur, one in South as Ormara, and may be another one in some where in Balochistan's North Side that can be called as CCS - Central Air Base?

Someone here was asking the source someday back. Here's the source:
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/paki...ct-signed-with-foreign-customer.408394/page-5

PN has already ordered 40 Block-II JF-17s for Naval Role...

CPEC Maritime Security:Ground Breaking of new Runway at Naval Air Station Ormara and inauguration of newly constructed academic block of Cadet College Ormara (CCO) was held at Ormara, Balochistan. Chief of the Naval Staff Admiral Muhammad Zakaullah NI(M) was the Chief Guest on the occasions.

20622232_1249157205211975_3498854857807830683_n.jpg

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom