What's new

China's sixth-generation fighter aircraft

A reactor is not a bomb. The enrichment levels are nowhere near what is necessary for it to go critical.

Though the original measurements for the plane are too small. 15m on a heavy fighter? even regular planes need 20 m, i can see maybe 25 m for a nuclear fighter.

Never said it would blow up did I? The fact you seem to think this is feasible is funnier then the article.

Never said it would blow up did I? The fact you seem to think this is feasible is funnier then the article.

hmm i'm rethinking it. it might be possible if the aircraft was really really big.

hmm i'm rethinking it. it might be possible if the aircraft was really really big.

lol, yea maybe like this.

Daedalus_in_orbit.jpg

Sixth Gen Fighter should be the fighter evading the radar which could detect a 5th gen aircraft, and the Generation saga continues:lol:

lol, I wasn't going to respond to this thread. But it is just to humorous to ignore. I can just see it now, Jets with nuclear reactors crashing. As all aircraft types do eventually.

Its been done before nuclear ramjet propulsion was achieved by the Project Pluto team in 1964. The SLAM (Supersonic Low-Altitude) missile that was to be powered by the Tory-IIA 600 Megawatts nuclear ramjet engine was designed to achieve sustained MACH 3 speed and carry multiple nuclear warheads. The project was terminated because it was deemed too provocative.

220px-Pluto1955_b.jpg

Chinese-style X37B Space fighter(Maybe it will occur faster than the X37B):
11011413228c2668b5cd3b9228.jpg.thumb.jpg

1101141322c983d3b4cc661a5c.jpg

The new SAC fighter-bomber (which Huitong calls the "J-18"), is supposed to be a 5.5-generation fighter.

I don't think 6th-gen is in the development phase. It is most likely to be in concept stage.

Its been done before nuclear ramjet propulsion was achieved by the Project Pluto team in 1964. The SLAM (Supersonic Low-Altitude) missile that was to be powered by the Tory-IIA 600 Megawatts nuclear ramjet engine was designed to achieve sustained MACH 3 speed and carry multiple nuclear warheads. The project was terminated because it was deemed too provocative.

220px-Pluto1955_b.jpg

the us also actually got a nuclear plane nearly working, the reactor was on board, the pilot cabin was lead lined and the thing actually flew, however they didnt turn on the reactor eventually the project was abandoned.

well going through this thread
a saying of hitler hits my mind and that was
"i m not sure about which kind of weapons will be used in 3rd world war but i m sure that 4th world war will be with stones and knifes"

well going through this thread
a saying of hitler hits my mind and that was
"i m not sure about which kind of weapons will be used in 3rd world war but i m sure that 4th world war will be with stones and knifes"

I thought that was said by Einstein.
60859333.gif

Last edited:
what a troll..nuclear propulsion in the air..ha more like flying nuclear bomB!

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom