What's new

2 billion dollar project in UAE

Oublious

Reaction score
Country
Turkey

In March 2021, Tawazun, the United Arab Emirates’ (UAE) defense and security acquisitions authority for the armed forces, and Turkey’s Baykar Defense, the manufacturing company of the renowned indigenous Bayraktar TB2 drone, held discussions on possible cooperation. The talks continued for a few months before the Emiratis introduced a mouthwatering $2 billion offer. The deal included Abu Dhabi’s request to meet a shopping list of 120 TB2 drones, ammunition, command and control units, and training.

Shame on Baykar selling drone to that country. They don't need them...

In March 2021, Tawazun, the United Arab Emirates’ (UAE) defense and security acquisitions authority for the armed forces, and Turkey’s Baykar Defense, the manufacturing company of the renowned indigenous Bayraktar TB2 drone, held discussions on possible cooperation. The talks continued for a few months before the Emiratis introduced a mouthwatering $2 billion offer. The deal included Abu Dhabi’s request to meet a shopping list of 120 TB2 drones, ammunition, command and control units, and training.

Shame on Baykar selling drone to that country. They don't need them...

last year when Ukraine ordered the TB2 they also didnt need it?

last year when Ukraine ordered the TB2 they also didnt need it?

TB2 is proven platform, why selling to countries who will use it against you? Beside that with Ukrain we have no problems.

TB2 is proven platform, why selling to countries who will use it against you? Beside that with Ukrain we have no problems.

so your saying UAE is enemy of Turkey and is likely to go to war against Turkey ?

I am sorry but this sounds stupid and it seems rather the last line was insert to prove a certain point ?

There is a 99.99% chance of this so-called 2 billion USD "deal" being a made up (non-existent deal or deal limited just to talk/paper) for both UAE and Turkey.

UAE has no need for that many drones (120) and it makes no sense at all.

It is similar to the "100 trillion USD" deals that KSA and USA supposedly had signed.

In reality 90% of it, it was just talk/consultations/memorandums of understanding etc. but in the media it was blown out completely.

I am almost 100% sure that this is a similar case.

I read news of KSA, UAE, Qatar, (wealthy Arab states in other words) loaning 20 + billion USD to Turkey and as many or more investments in Turkey. Nothing to see so far and I remember reading such news for the past 10 + years.

Those countries are not going to invest such huge sums of money anywhere abroad (not even China) unless they are going to make a big profit and even less so when they have gigantic projects to complete/make in their own countries which cost a lot of money. In particular KSA.

Just my 2 quick cents.

EDIT: KSA and UAE have recently produced many impressive drones by themselves (UAE and KSA companies) both state and private arms companies and they both possess a large amount of foreign drones as well already. They have more Chinese drones alone than any other country that is not China.

There is a 99.99% chance of this so-called 2 billion USD "deal" being a made up (non-existent deal or deal limited just to talk/paper) for both UAE and Turkey.

UAE has no need for that many drones (120) and it makes no sense at all.

It is similar to the "100 trillion USD" deals that KSA and USA supposedly had signed.

In reality 90% of it, it was just talk/consultations/memorandums of understanding etc. but in the media it was blown out completely.

I am almost 100% sure that this is a similar case.

I read news of KSA, UAE, Qatar, (wealthy Arab states in other words) loaning 20 + billion USD to Turkey and as many or more investments in Turkey. Nothing to see so far and I remember reading such news for the past 10 + years.

Those countries are not going to invest such huge sums of money anywhere abroad (not even China) unless they are going to make a big profit and even less so when they have gigantic projects to complete/make in their own countries which cost a lot of money. In particular KSA.

Just my 2 quick cents.

EDIT: KSA and UAE have recently produced many impressive drones by themselves (UAE and KSA companies) both state and private arms companies and they both possess a large amount of foreign drones as well already. They have more Chinese drones alone than any other country that is not China.
USA did not sell to UAE and they are not satisfied with Chinese drones. In fact, no one in the world is satisfied with Chinese drones.

This deal is 100 percent real. 20 ucavs have already been delivered on September 21.

USA did not sell to UAE and they are not satisfied with Chinese drones. In fact, no one in the world is satisfied with Chinese drones.

This deal is 100 percent real. 20 ucavs have already been delivered on September 21.
hold your horse, Mr Turkish, just because Chinese companies doesn't reveled their order contract doesn't mean they are resting, in fact, they are all expanding production line and running two-three shifts and I am not talking about DJI which is the sole dominating power among civilian drone. :-)

hold your horse, Mr Turkish, just because Chinese companies doesn't reveled their order contract doesn't mean they are resting, in fact, they are all expanding production line and running two-three shifts and I am not talking about DJI which is the sole dominating power among civilian drone. :-)
You are right, China is ahead in the civil drones. I was talking about ucavs.

You are right, China is ahead in the civil drones. I was talking about ucavs.
Checked out my first sentence, and I have not mentioned strategic HALE and giant flying wing UAV, let's just walked on different path. :-)

Checked out my first sentence, and I have not mentioned strategic HALE and giant flying wing UAV, let's just walked on different path. :-)
Your ch-4 and wing long II.. The countries that bought it regretted it.

According to media, China has collapsed a hundred times already, like I said, they are still working overtime to fulfilled the orders. :-)

However, according to the Zhuhai Air Show, more than 200 CH-4s have been sold. Yes, manufacturers are continuing to expand their production lines.
Oh I remember there was a news report that Algeria bought Chinese UAVs is poor quality。 however this year Algeria has bought a lot of wj-700 and wing loong 2. So, is it the Chinese UAVs that are of poor quality or is someone talking nonsense ?

LOL, the buyer regretted it so much that a follow-up order was placed

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom