What's new

Featured 10 soldiers martyred, 1militant killed and 3 apprehended when BLF attacked military check post in Balochistan's Kech district

Guys, one can understand emotions running high but it's also a fact that even if a key on our keyboard broke, most of us will be grounded so let's not pretend to be some experts in the battlefield.
One thing is clear that this was no camp, you don't have a mere dozen soldiers running a camp hence it was just an outpost. So far little detail has emerged, we are not even sure if the attack happened in daylight or at night, let's wait for the official version before we sack General Bajwa and promote our selves to be the next COAS.

The weak ones cries and reacts with emotions. Not an easy fight and people with logic, sense & information or even experience do know that how it ends on the ground. We have all the top SSG keyboard operators here with us with red strips on their shoulders and still serving. The tragedy of attack & losses aside; it is just pure disappointing to read them all going gang hu and using such language and merely submitting PERs of officials on internet.

Thar is doing well since Thar coal mining. Hence people happy are about it. The CSR of private companies is doing a decent job. I have been to thar last year and also 8 years ago , there is a massive change since coal being mined.

UNRC terms Thar Foundation as ‘Best CSR Model in Pakistan​

It is not the case with Balochistan.

No thar is not doing well

Check the number of children that die every year in Thar because of malnutrition. It is the most impoverished district of Pakistan

Don't let thar coal project fool you

Some mods of this forum would call him to go fight himself instead of listening to what he is saying

Guys, one can understand emotions running high but it's also a fact that even if a key on our keyboard broke, most of us will be grounded so let's not pretend to be some experts in the battlefield.
One thing is clear that this was no camp, you don't have a mere dozen soldiers running a camp hence it was just an outpost. So far little detail has emerged, we are not even sure if the attack happened in daylight or at night, let's wait for the official version before we sack General Bajwa and promote our selves to be the next COAS.
50 terrorists attacked the post. 14 soldiers held them off for 5 hours and inflicted casualties on them. A fact people often overlook.

First of all, let me disconnect everything.

Leave the COAS, ISPR out of this (am not defending them of course, but then once you start the blame game, why dont you take names of all who are down the chain till the POST COMMANDER himself, the man who was well-equipped, enough manpower to hold his post.....its not fair to blame the COAS only....).

As a commander, you only tell your subordinates the concept of how you intend operating. It is upto the junior leaders, at all levels, to implement that to the best of their personal abilities.

Another fact, the nearest base to this unfortunate post is more than 30 kms away. Second, they are not connected by any road, motorway or anything. Its not a normal drive whereby you can reach there in half an hour. It takes balls that you are ready to stretch your outfit over such a vast area just because situation demands, logic doesnt demands.

Now if someone says that we should pour in more army troops, do please do simple math regarding deployments, let me know if you find any brigade or division freely available, doing nothing......if you find any, let me know.

As i highlighted before as well, troops to space ration is very unfavorable to us in Balochistan. FATA was a small area, we pumped in half of our army there and then achieved the desired results. Even then it took such a long time. Still we need to keep some chunk of our army there to retain what we got.

Balochistan, well its 44 % of our country's land mass.....imagine....almost half of total Pakistan....its true that militants number hardly hundreds, but looking for them in such a vast area is very difficult. Same goes for our deployments as well, since we are stretched too thin, so we have to make a hard choice of prioritising our assets.....we first secure our high value assets......

I am not into politics, so i will and cannot talk about PM etc....am simply not qualified for that.....however, regarding COAS.....well, all bastards getting hit across borders are being hit on his orders too.....there we dont give him credit.....and again, mind you, they are not even half of what is being done.

I told you before as well......we need to realize that we are at war.....for more than two decades.....and its not over, it will continue....its simply the new form of warfare where we are all alone....we will prevail InshaAllah, but not without casualties....thats the cost of freedom and victory.

No other country is physically helping us....and then we have the case of US, who supported by all her allies and latest equipment, could not prevail in Korea, Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan.

Learn to take casualties, war means casualties....the other side is also here to fight, time will tell who wins, but not without casualties.
Well said.

Can there be any cost effective pre-emptive warning system in place for such remote posts?

For example few towers erected some radius away from post, or even at the post, that detect movement (PIR {passive infrared} sensor etc.) and alert the respective post as well as next closest ones, or some central command?

I have real cheap camera in home that has night vision, and detects movements some 10-15 feet away and generates text alerts on my phone and automatically pops open the camera app for me to see who or what moved. Pretty sure there would exist sensors that have much longer range.

May be few cheap cameras on those towers as well so that post could verify if the alert is a sheepherder with herd of cattle or some suspicious group moving towards the post?

A low cost tower with some solar panel and a cheap camera and few sensors, and a monitor-receiver at the post should do the job.

Like you said posts in such territories are few and far between, so we won't need that many of such towers.

Sure they may get blown by the attackers, but that itself would be an alert that something sinister is on the way. (Breaking of the communication from such towers should generate alerts).

They could camouflage such alerting devices in shape of rocks or put them inside bushes or on trees, may be!

I don't think it should be that expensive to come up with such alerting system.

This shows lack of foresight and planning. The rescuers themselves getting ambushed.
I have written it few times before that our military does not seem to learn from past experiences and don't plan accordingly.
Getting bit by same tactic over and over and over and over and over again. Enemy's modus operandi does not seem to have changed much but they still are successful.

I can recall at least 3 incidences few years apart where attackers entered from the back wall using a ladder.
No lesson was learnt from previous attack's modus operandi, no memo was sent probably, no adjustments to security arrangement was made. Hence the attackers successfully used same approach again.
They just kept climbing the walls of air bases and police training academy using ladders.

Kehtay hain muslaman aik sooraakh se doe baar dasaaa nahi jata.
Ya hum musalman nahi ya phir muhawara ghalat hay.

Some years back BLA (or one of those) released a footage of their attacks on Pak Army.
Almost all of the attacks involved explosive that was planted under the culverts (barsati naalaa? that channel water under the roads).
Timestamp on those attacks spanned over years.
So in all those years our Pak Army trucks kept getting hit by exact same modus operandi. i.e. under-road culverts being blown up remotely.
If after first such attack, there was a memo sent across to all on-road conveys to make some arrangement to map-out and then inspect any upcoming culverts by sending single soldier on a bike, ahead of the rest of the convoy, etc. then many of those casualties may have been avoided.

My suggested solutions may sound naive but I'm not trained in military tactics. Those who are, should know many more methods.

25.930069, 62.548762

The location ?

As of now no one has claimed responsibility.
Where did you get these coordinates?
There does seem to be some installation at this location.

25.930069   62.548762.jpg

Last edited:
Senator made some very valid points
I hope this clip goes viral so powers to be atleast see where they're f-ing up
And thier indecisive attitude
are the our people just misguided? Apne bache
Or a proper threat where every tool be utilized to counter this with power of whole state machinery

If 50 men are attacking posts and no equipment is there to provide them with air support
Than it means we never took this as seriously as we should have

Why don't you shut up? That would be good for all of us

You are already proud that you left Pakistan. Why not keep your advice in USA too
Come on @Areesh , please don't talk like that , we have lost valuable lives and feel both sad and angry but that doesn't mean we should curse each other.

Maybe now the army will take them seriously and not delegate the task to paramilitary.

Come on @Areesh , please don't talk like that , we have lost valuable lives and feel both sad and angry but that doesn't mean we should curse each other.

Anyone who is defending current military or even civilian leadership isn't angry on these deaths. I refuse to accept that you are angry and then you are also defending this leadership

I would have accepted these deaths if these were the last of such deaths. But that is not the case

In weeks and months later from today we would be discussing same kind of attack on FC or army in Awaran or Kech or Harnai or Sibbi

I am fully confident that nothing would change after this attack

Back
Top Bottom