What's new

What identity pakistan should have?

cringe master

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
pakistan is diverse country with shared heritage and history.

pakistan basic identity is islam but i think only depending on religion for identity is weak and shallow for long term prosperity for a nation , religion is only a single elements , there are many other elements which makes a strong nation,

Pakistan biggest identity should be indus valley , hindu kush , gandhara civilizations, islam and urdu.

These five elements should be pillars of our bonding and a united nation but problem is from start our "philosophers" and "intellectuals" have tried to unit us based only islam and urdu but this is not working properly because they try to supress pakistani real roots and history by making us hate our own land and seeking validation and culture from outside. This is reason we seek everything including our heroes,culture values and other from outside and try to claim we came outside( which might be true but that was thousands of years ago) and ignore and deny our real heroes like king porus and many others

Pakistan identity should be based on these things

islam which unit us all
F201308022014502893368724.jpg

First and most important element for our united nation should be islam which unit us all

urdu which connect us all

urdu is our language and connect us all for example check this heart touching poem by muneer niazi. we should impose urdu not english and be proud of our language. i know urdu is only spoken by 10% of total pakistan and 90% pakistani speak local languages and that's why i think urdu is necessary to connect and communicate whole pakistan together

Ancient Civilizations we share

The two major ancient civilizations of the area, which is now Pakistan, were the Indus Valley Civilization (Harappa in 7 BC and Moenjodaro 4 BC) and the Gandhara Civilization (500 BC to 10 AD).

indus valley civilization

pakistan should be proud and claim there indus valley civilization which was spread all over pakistan. tragedy is pakistani don't claim it and gigantic plains bahartis who are desperate for identity and fake glory by making fake movies and claims makes it perfect target for them including ancient rulers like king porus which also baharatis claim. indus valley civilization has spread from sindh to punjab to balochistan to kpk.

every pakistani should read a book by aitzaz ahsan
The Indus Saga And The Making Of Pakistan
Aitzaz ahsan endeavours to establish the separateness of Indus from India. Discarding many widely accepted myths of Indian history, the book presents a history of the political culture of the Indus region (now Pakistan) from ancient times to the modern age.

Gandhara Civilization

Gandhara is the region that now comprise of Peshawar valley, Mardan, Swat, Dir, Malakand, and Bajuaur agencies in the North West Frontier Province (NWFP), Taxila in the Punjab, and up to Jalalabad in Afghanistan. It is in this region that the Gandhara civilization emerged and became the cradle of Buddhism. It was from here that Buddhism spread towards east as far away as Japan and Korea and reminder of pakistan buddhist past.

Pakistan should embrace and celebrate their ancient civilization

Heroes:

i am against seeking heroes outside of our land, only hero i am ok with is abdali because it shows shared heroes of pashtun and rumors of being born in multan also defeating mrathas forces and rest we should celebrate our local heroes

Pakistan next missile name should be chakre azam

220px-%DA%86%D8%A7%DA%A9%D8%B1_%D8%AE%D8%A7%D9%86.jpg

Meer Chaakar Khan Rind or Chakar The Great, Chakar-i-Azam was biggest baluch hero and we should celebrate him instead of any foreign hero because he is son of soil and local hero

Culture

Pakistan has diverse culture which makes it more beautiful and we should embrace our local punjabi,pashtun,baluchi,sindhi,gilgiti and baltistan cultures and celebrate it instead of foreign western and arab culture while still being a good practicing muslim

These all elements makes us a real nation and proud pakistani

Pakistan zindabad
Pakistan_240-animated-flag-gifs.gif

Last edited:
I thought so too but then people tell me

Religion is a weak basis for a country.
Urdu was imposed on populace as form of colonization.
IVC and other civilizations were Hindu and thus not to be mentioned.
Culture evolves.

only depending on religion for identity is indeed weak and shallow for long term prosperity for a nation ,
religion is only a single elements , there are many other elements which makes a strong nation,
Urdu is indeed a indian uttar pradesh language but it doesn't matter now we have to be realistic , every nation makes it's own identity and we need a common language to communicate and urdu is best option.
Indus valley civilization was not hindu and yes some north indian parts like gujrat, indian punjab do share ivc but mostly it was in pakistan and hinduism was invented after ivc demise
yes culture evolves in fact we choose our own identity and culture

Last edited:
Identity evolves, the relevance of it changes with time and with a persons outlook on the world.

For example, when Pakistan was created, the campaign had a strong islamic identity, this identity has remained as part of Pakistan, but it's relevance goes up and down depending on political events (Zia Islamisation vs Mushys enlightened moderation). During both mentioned periods Islam was used as a political tool to different ends. It also varies from person to person. Some people are secular in their political outlook, others in their religious outlook too. Islamic identity means nothing to them, but to others it's everything.

Take IVC part of the identity. Would that still be relvant if our borders were different? Some people reject it because it's of a time from a different religious background, others aren't aware of it (I for example know very little). It's also a long long time ago. I don't feel very Mughal, why should I feel very "indus?" For others it's a key part of their heritage.

What about geography as part of identity? Now some people have a strong nationalistic world view, i don't, the boundaries of nation states don't always matter to me as much as they do to others.

A nation is home, a place where people can live and be safe. How you choose to see your home, is up to you. On a national level we should promote all of our heritage and history, so people can see where we came from.

Can we stop with this racist thinking mindset.
We are all human beings and then most of us are Muslims and then we are Pakistani's.

As Mohammad (Peace be upon him) said in his last sermon.
"All mankind is from Adam and Eve. An Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab, nor does a non-Arab have any superiority over an Arab; a white has no superiority over a black, nor does a black have any superiority over a white; [none have superiority over another] except by piety and good action. Learn that every Muslim is a brother to every Muslim and that the Muslims constitute one brotherhood. Nothing shall be legitimate to a Muslim which belongs to a fellow Muslim unless it was given freely and willingly. Do not, therefore, do injustice to yourselves."
https://www.islamreligion.com/articles/523/prophet-muhammad-last-sermon/

Identity of Japan is Toyota and Honda

Identity of Germany is BMW and Mercedes.

Identity of S.Korea is Samsung

identity of Italy is Ferrari

Identity of USA is IBM ,NASA ,GOOGLE ,FB ,etc

Identity of England is Rolls Royce and best administrative system

After all their citizens are united and nationalists regardless of their different culture , different religion and different race.

sitaron se agy jahan aur b hen ......

Can we stop with this racist thinking mindset.
We are all human beings and then most of us are Muslims and then we are Pakistani's.

As Mohammad (Peace be upon him) said in his last sermon.
"All mankind is from Adam and Eve. An Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab, nor does a non-Arab have any superiority over an Arab; a white has no superiority over a black, nor does a black have any superiority over a white; [none have superiority over another] except by piety and good action. Learn that every Muslim is a brother to every Muslim and that the Muslims constitute one brotherhood. Nothing shall be legitimate to a Muslim which belongs to a fellow Muslim unless it was given freely and willingly. Do not, therefore, do injustice to yourselves."
https://www.islamreligion.com/articles/523/prophet-muhammad-last-sermon/
270CB896-BCD0-48D7-BB7F-AA1AFACD90EF.png

Identity of Japan is Toyota and Honda

Identity of Germany is BMW and Mercedes.

Identity of S.Korea is Samsung

identity of Italy is Ferrari

Identity of USA is IBM ,NASA ,GOOGLE ,FB ,etc

Identity of England is Rolls Royce and best administrative system

After all their citizens are united and nationalists regardless of their different culture , different religion and different race.

sitaron se agy jahan aur b hen ......
Identity of pakistan is islam and terrorism in eye of a foreigner but it could be beautiful people with beautiful culture with great civilization (if pakistan promote ivc and gandhara) and rooh afza (that's all i can think of pakistani product)

If you apply this intoto and literally on Pakistan it would cease to exist within the month ...... as it would fall apart under the inherent challanges and contradictions that would explode under the very foundation of state as it exists.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom