What's new

Unbelievable! The US Never Expected the Replacement to Come So Quickly!

China AI development is booming right now.

It can be translated as two things.

One, it's a threat to USA AI development.

Two, It's a big business opportunity.

But USA is deciding to take the first option, which is saw China AI development as a threat.

But USA is deciding to take the first option, which is saw China AI development as a threat.
lol, China AI is both lacking seriously behind the big 3 in term of programming capability and hardware.

In the Machine Learning term. Chinese don't have a framework on what ChatGPT, the Baidu ChatGPT challenger "Ernie Bot" was universally panned by the press and industry, it get so bad Baidu stock price slum over 1% in its stock price....

Analysts were unimpressed. Ernie 4.0's launch lacked major highlights versus the previous version, said Lu Yanxia, an analyst at industry consultancy IDC.

Baidu's Hong Kong shares fell 1.32% in morning trading, underperforming a 0.7% rise in the broader Hang Seng Index (.HIS).

While I do agree China AI market is booming due to the influx of capital in the field, the reality is China is still a long road to even considered catching up with both Theoretical AI and Application AI in the West. Can the Chinese overtake the West in AI development? Or can the West dominate AI development? I don't know, I can't see into the future, but at the moment, it's undoubtedly a large gap is between Chinese AI development and the West, that's undisputed fact.

US knows exactly where and what capabilities China had, when they decided to teach them a lesson.

Huawei has become a non-entity from a position where they were threatening the biggest phone maker in the World.

These threads are fanboy attempts to sell something that is stale.

lol, China AI is both lacking seriously behind the big 3 in term of programming capability and hardware.

In the Machine Learning term. Chinese don't have a framework on what ChatGPT, the Baidu ChatGPT challenger "Ernie Bot" was universally panned by the press and industry, it get so bad Baidu stock price slum over 1% in its stock price....

While I do agree China AI market is booming due to the influx of capital in the field, the reality is China is still a long road to even considered catching up with both Theoretical AI and Application AI in the West. Can the Chinese overtake the West in AI development? Or can the West dominate AI development? I don't know, I can't see into the future, but at the moment, it's undoubtedly a large gap is between Chinese AI development and the West, that's undisputed fact.

China and USA take a different path on AI development.

USA is more on user experience.

While China is more on industrial application.

For LLM, China at least has 130 LLMs, and grab around 40% of global market share.

You have to respect the US for the second point a little. Like the guys who could be easily bribed to forward a business venture. If USA put their pockets first above their national interest they would have perished long ago...

Contrast the evil corrupt CCP want to make their girls sleep with African men to obtain business interest and familial inheritances from/in Africa. Its one of the foremost present day policy of putting money and greed before the nation's long term interest!

China and USA take a different path on AI development.

USA is more on user experience.

While China is more on industrial application.

For LLM, China at least has 130 LLMs, and grab around 40% of global market share.

You forgot to mentioned Chinese' LLM share is SECOND to the US, which have a bit more than half the world L:LM shares as the same article you provided pointed out.

1699921173747.png

In the mean while, I am talking about a combination of LLM and ML, in which China is some distant behind, And you needed both to implement any commercial or Industrial application.

I think US is making same mistake Soviet Union made. Which is choosing a wrong path of AI development. ChatGPT is overestimated. It's just an auxiliary tool for office works. 1,ChatGPT doesn't have innovative capability. It's a follower of existing human knowledges. 2,All data fed to it are from internet. Unfortunately the really valuable data are unavailable in internet. So ChatGPT can do some universal works. But when it comes to something professional or deeper, ChatGPT is not useful at all.

China chooses the path of AI serving industries is the right pass. For example, Huawei's Pangu. It is used for scientific researches.

Last edited:
I think US is making same mistake Soviet Union made. Which is choosing a wrong path of AI development. ChatGPT is overestimated. It's just an auxiliary tool for office works. 1,ChatGPT doesn't have innovative capability. It's a follower of existing human knowledges. 2,All data fed to it are from internet. Unfortunately the really valuable data is unavailable in internet. So ChatGPT can do some universal works. But when it comes to something professional or deeper, ChatGPT is not useful at all.

China chooses the path of AI serving industries is the right pass. For example, Huawei's Pangu. It is used for scientific researches.

Yes, that is so true.

It's just good at making a conclusion.

Pretty much almost like a search engine without the need to open so many webpages to search information we need.

Omg boy, you are now an IT expert? Lololol. Have you ever tried programming a genetic based AI algorithm? I did that for my thesis.

You forgot to mentioned Chinese' LLM share is SECOND to the US, which have a bit more than half the world L:LM shares as the same article you provided pointed out.

View attachment 1012469
In the mean while, I am talking about a combination of LLM and ML, in which China is some distant behind, And you needed both to implement any commercial or Industrial application.

Not at a far distance.

The best of China LLM is at 90-95% of ChatGPT 4.0 capability on certain benchmark tests, and beyond ChatGPT 4.0 at the other benchmark tests.

Omg boy, you are now an IT expert? Lololol. Have you ever tried programming a genetic based AI algorithm? I did that for my thesis.

Most news about China in the West is being heavily censored and twisted.

To find a real news about China is hard.

Let alone to find 1:1 comparison between USA and China.

Like for example, you heard China is the world biggest AI researcher and developers.

But what AI is China created?

No one knows.

Most news about China in the West is being heavily censored and twisted.

To find a real news about China is hard.

Let alone to find 1:1 comparison between USA and China.

Like for example, you heard China is the world biggest AI researcher and developers.

But what AI is China created?

No one knows.
The most obvious proof of China's AI research development is autonomous driving technology. Huawei's autonomous driving is much better than Tesla's. Which was develped in US. Tesla visual autonomous driving is repeating Tesla's 4680 battery disaster. It's a dead end path.

IMO putting an AI labeling on everything is as silly as putting ORGANIC on all foods. I rolled my eyes when I saw ORGANIC mushrooms at the supermarket. Of course it's organic, mushrooms have always been organic, how else were they grown?

Personally, I think Huawei just uses some very sophisticated algorithms in their autonomous driving solutions which may or may not be AI. I think the term AI is way overused these days to describe any piece of software with IF AND OR pathways...

Like that human computer in Three Body, it's just a simple computation process BUT modern ppl call that AI!

Not at a far distance.

The best of China LLM is at 90-95% of ChatGPT 4.0 capability on certain benchmark tests, and beyond ChatGPT 4.0 at the other benchmark tests.
Well, I can't really take your word on that......especially after the unimpressed launch of Ernie Bot......

The most obvious proof of China's AI research development is autonomous driving technology. Huawei's autonomous driving is much better than Tesla's. Which was develped in US. Tesla visual autonomous driving is repeating Tesla's 4680 battery disaster. It's a dead end path.
lol, how or in what parameter you can claim Huawei Self-Driving technology is better than Tesla?

I mean, most of the world did not see it that, care to explain how Huawei's better? And to top it off, Tesla self-driving tech wasn't even the best in the West. Here are top 6 self driving car company by Life-Wire

No, that's why I quote PROFESSIONAL ARTICLE by reputable source written by people who know their business.

And now you change from "Structural Engineer" when you talk to me about ship to "Instrument Engineering" when you talk to @FuturePAF about whatever it you were talking about, and now you write your thesis on AI? I don't know much about Engineering, unlike my brother, but I do know AI programming belong to Software Engineer discipline, you don't get to do them even in your 3rd/4th year in college unless you are doing a ITE or Comp Sci degree so........Wow, Wow Wow. Sure, you had 20 PhD finished before you turn 12. And yet you still type like a 12 years old......

So are you building ship, a material or hardware guy or a AI program hacker?? LOL

But well, whatever float your boat man, I seriously don't want to know

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom