What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

This war is not going anywhere for Ukraine. All their counter offensives have failed. Bulk of $100 billion military aid to Zelensky has failed to make any headway. They have not recovered an inch of land which the Russians have occupied. In fact, this war of US/ NATO has failed to demolish Russia which was the America’s objective. In the process thousand upon thousands of Ukrainians are dead.

Hence, what is the point? Will it not be better to settle out with the Russia and US/NATO withdraw out of it?

Remove Zelensky first.
Does your selective memory only go back to this January? You don't consider the long column of Russian Armor outside Kyiv back 2 months after invasion being beaten and pushed back? With no heavy armor, and small arms and light infantry weapons, Russians could not take over the country and are now back to only 20% of Ukraine. How do you not define this as push back.

Russian plan for a special op where they roll into the capital, take over the country, install a replacement did not materialize. Instead they settled for a heavily mined defensive line to prevent losing the bit they did capture, but for the first time in 70 years have explosions in their capital on a daily basis, and 2 countries joined Nato, border with NATO doubled, and NATO's reserve army doubled (thanks to Finland).

How do you consider this the outcome that Putin was going for?

Ukraine had not prepared for war with Russia. This was apparent when Russia took Crimea in 2014 with laughs like yours.

Ukraine began to equip its army after 2014. But Western support was slow to come.

Much of the Europe was importing gas from Russia and didn't care about Ukraine. Russia was able to invade Ukraine proper in 2021, therefore.

Poland is taking its security seriously in comparison. Poland has created a professional army and is getting high quality hardware from US. Polish troops are trained as per NATO standards.

Belarus and Wagner are welcome to take their chances with Poland. I will grab my popcorn.

Poland is a significant line of defense to stop advances from the East.

Polish are also nationalist types. These people will fight.

I be enjoying my coffee

:omghaha:

giphy.gif

and smell roses
red-rose-rose.gif

While I can't tell you what kind of signature monitoring capability we use in the military, I can tell you this, in Afghanistan, I was once involved in an operation in which we track and follow a target by the cigarette he is smoking, do you honestly think we can't track someone using ATGM or Drone in a build up area? Once you launch your platform, it would be picked up.
it will pick up , then what a lancet is launched by a iron bar and some elastic band, when its high enough to be picked by radar it already away from launch site and the one who launched it already gone .
and your example of cigarette is not related at all
I mean, we aren't that stupid when someone fire a ATGM or someone launch a drone and we don't even know where to look, even if we don't know where that came from we would still have a general direction, again, unless the Russian bring along Aviation Asset, it's impossible anyone can exfil faster than NATO putting up asset and hunt you down,
again you knew general direction good go hunt any farmer and hiker in that direction

It is entirely stupid if Russia want to invade Poland using Wagner. And this would benefit Ukraine a lot, like ALOT if this actually do happen.
not attack Poland , it would be stupid if they manage to capture Ukraine and use all of their army .
what they can use is for example train them as saboteur infilterate Poland and do some sabutage there , make reaching supply ti Ukraine from that route a little harder. and meanwhile deny that Wagner is working on their behalf . after all they are just bunch of outcast radical criminal , the law abiding one are already signed with Russia defense ministry . at least it can be Russia narrative.

Lets do the marh

The German army had received 2,400 leopard 1. 2,700 were exported. So in total 5,100 pieces. Excluding the leopard 1 in stocks at tank manufacturers Rheinmetall, KfW. Could add several hundreds. After reunification West Germany reduced the tank army as part of the deal to reunification with east Germany.
It’s said 800 were dismantled. 5,100-800= 4,300.

Considering the materials are made of massive combined stainless steel the tanks can last 70 years without any scratches.

Germany approved 178 leopard 1 to Ukraine. So there is still rooms to send more.

the problem is not chasis availability . the problem would be refitting tanks to more modern standard , that is a time consuming and not so cheap process and how fast Rheinmetall can do that will be the limiting factor on how much tank they can deliver .
that's why if they want to make it meaningful usa also need to refit those M1A1 and send them to ukraine to fasten the process

Why is i that Russia always end up stuck in a war? Be it Afghanistan or Ukriane?
who didn't stuck in the war didn't Nato and co. stuck in Afghanistan ? USA and France in Vietnam and USA and co. in Iraq or KSA and Allies in Yemen ?

Why is i that Russia always end up stuck in a war? Be it Afghanistan or Ukriane?
Are you living in an alternative universe? Remember the 10 Vietnam years without achieving anything? Remember the 20 Afghan years, without achieving anything? Remember the 9 Iraq years, without achieving anything? Oh wait, my mistake, UKUSA achieved it's goal, by creating ISIS and all the other islamist lunatics.

In other words: Do yourself a favor and stop consuming anglo = western propaganda. And if you do so, read something else too, for a balanced view.

Outside of the warhead and seeker, it seems fairly intact. No doubt the US is gonna wanna get their hands on it.
You mean "outside" of the most important parts, after it hit its target and exploded? :lol:

Last edited:
it will pick up , then what a lancet is launched by a iron bar and some elastic band, when its high enough to be picked by radar it already away from launch site and the one who launched it already gone .
and your example of cigarette is not related at all

Again, you can only launch Lancet within 10-15 km range, as I said before, even if the force doesn't know where it was launch, I can send a few helicopter with FLIR and look for whoever launch that drone post launch, a 10km x 10km grid can be search within 10 minutes in the air (It take less if I send more than 1 chopper), and again, unless you bring helicopter to exfil the Russian, 10 minutes you can at most driven for 10 km, and less than if you walk, that team would still be inside the search grid.

Also, you would still have signature because the drone have it own propulsion system, it can't fly for 10 km if you launch it from an iron pipe with a elastic band, that is what it will be picked up
again you knew general direction good go hunt any farmer and hiker in that direction

It's different if you look for something in the air than on the ground, you only need to know the general direction to look for something, because when you are up in the air, your search patten is a grid (x by x grid depends on your equipment) where when you are on the ground, you searching pattern is a point as you only search whatever you look at.

not attack Poland , it would be stupid if they manage to capture Ukraine and use all of their army .
what they can use is for example train them as saboteur infilterate Poland and do some sabutage there , make reaching supply ti Ukraine from that route a little harder. and meanwhile deny that Wagner is working on their behalf . after all they are just bunch of outcast radical criminal , the law abiding one are already signed with Russia defense ministry . at least it can be Russia narrative.

again, with what? Wagner?

You are not talking about asymmetric warfare when you are an indigenous force, as in Taliban in Afghan, AQI/ISIS in Iraq or VC in Vietnam, all those are indigenous force, where they live in that area, they are the local, we are the foreign troop. If Wagner do Sabotage mission inside Poland then they will be a foreign force, and the Pole is the indigenous troop, they would have to either mount long range patrol or Infiltration patrol into Poland from Belarus, those are special force type stuff, that mean you would need to be able to survive behind enemy line, and you would need to infil and exfil without being noticed, and you would need to know how to navigate foreign terrain, how to bypass patrol, and how to insert with radio silence and so on.

It will take years to perfect those skill, again, it takes 18 months to train a US Army Special Force soldier, and another few month for LRRP and LRIP technique, Wagner is not special force, they could be able to raise insurgency inside Russia, but they can't do LRRP or LRIP or DAP in a foreign country, that's Alpha Group stuff. And certain not the Wagner now......

Again, you can only launch Lancet within 10-15 km range, as I said before, even if the force doesn't know where it was launch, I can send a few helicopter with FLIR and look for whoever launch that drone post launch, a 10km x 10km grid can be search within 10 minutes in the air (It take less if I send more than 1 chopper), and again, unless you bring helicopter to exfil the Russian, 10 minutes you can at most driven for 10 km, and less than if you walk, that team would still be inside the search grid.
you assume in the search grid there is only the team .
and the list of Poland helicopters

Mil Mi-8Soviet UnionutilityMi-8/1711[31]
PZL Mi-2Polandliaison16[31]
PZL W-3 Sokół

very hard to cover all the border 24 hours with them

you assume in the search grid there is only the team .
and the list of Poland helicopters

Mil Mi-8Soviet UnionutilityMi-8/1711[31]
PZL Mi-2Polandliaison16[31]
PZL W-3 Sokół

very hard to cover all the border 24 hours with them
Do you think if Wagner were in Poland then they are only facing Polish Helicopter??

And sure, send multiple team, again, Wagner is not special force, you can send 100 team does not mean they can infiltrate into Polish border unnoticed......

Are you living in an alternative universe? Remember the 10 Vietnam years without achieving anything? Remember the 20 Afghan years, without achieving anything? Remember the 9 Iraq years, without achieving anything? Oh wait, my mistake, UKUSA achieved it's goal, by creating ISIS and all the other islamist lunatics.

In other words: Do yourself a favor and stop consuming anglo = western propaganda. And if you do so, read something else too, for a balanced view.

You mean "outside" of the most important parts, after it hit its target and exploded? :lol:
The missile seems damaged, if it exploded the entire missile would be disintegrated.

Seems like it broke off at an angle.

Also, the seeker and warhead aren't the only important parts of a missile.

Seriously, why do you guys comment on topics you have zero clue about?

Western values at work: The Ukrainian Parliament submitted a draft law to restrict teenagers aged 16-18 from travelling abroad, to protect children's rights.

Selensky jugend incoming, because children's rights are the right to be abused as cannonfodder for Nato.

Fake or the claims made are blatant bullshit propaganda.

Lets do the marh

The German army had received 2,400 leopard 1. 2,700 were exported. So in total 5,100 pieces. Excluding the leopard 1 in stocks at tank manufacturers Rheinmetall, KfW. Could add several hundreds. After reunification West Germany reduced the tank army as part of the deal to reunification with east Germany.
It’s said 800 were dismantled. 5,100-800= 4,300.

Considering the materials are made of massive combined stainless steel the tanks can last 70 years without any scratches.

Germany approved 178 leopard 1 to Ukraine. So there is still rooms to send more.

Close to 1.500 are used or in stock in Turkey, Greece and South America. If former users operated like Denmark, a large part of its stock were cannibalised as spare parts reducing the actual numbers available significantly. I bet quite a few are spread over training grounds for target practise too.

Back
Top Bottom