What's new

Featured Pay your debt, Iran tells Britain

please foreign powers are the last source of your troubles. If rest of world is independent of fossil fuels Middle East will still be in a bad shape

Stop believing in the "green fantasy" propaganda put out by leftists....

petroleum dominates the energy market because of simple economics.... Its the cheapest and most effiecient energy there is by faaaaaaaaaaaaar . Western governments are already trying to condition their citizens that their lifestyle must change... EX. each person cannot own a car anymore, you cant crank your house heat everytime your cold etc.etc. they know the green transition will be self impovershment.

If some dumb political leaders in western countries want to play "save the world" based on some fantasy pseudo science that has gotten virtually every single one of its predictions wrong so far,,,...... for some cheap votes and fear mongering. they can be our guest.

the rest of the world thats not suffering from this insanity will use effiecient and cost effective energy to build their economies.. pretty soon they might even have to start dropping aid into western countries given the road they are on.

just pile up massive debt/defeciet spending to buy votes. Shut down highly profitable and extremely important petroleum industry to score political points, and import migrants on an industrial scale to chew up all the generous state benefits (and more vote for leftists)

"western democracy" is broken.. the green energy hysteria is a symptom of it.

Stop believing in the "green fantasy" propaganda put out by leftists....

petroleum dominates the energy market because of simple economics.... Its the cheapest and most effiecient energy there is by faaaaaaaaaaaaar . Western governments are already trying to condition their citizens that their lifestyle must change... EX. each person cannot own a car anymore, you cant crank your house heat everytime your cold etc.etc. they know the green transition will be self impovershment.

If some dumb political leaders in western countries want to play "save the world" based on some fantasy pseudo science that has gotten virtually every single one of its predictions wrong so far,,,...... for some cheap votes and fear mongering. they can be our guest.

the rest of the world thats not suffering from this insanity will use effiecient and cost effective energy to build their economies.. pretty soon they might even have to start dropping aid into western countries given the road they are on.

just pile up massive debt/defeciet spending to buy votes. Shut down highly profitable and extremely important petroleum industry to score political points, and import migrants on an industrial scale to chew up all the generous state benefits (and more vote for leftists)

"western democracy" is broken.. the green energy hysteria is a symptom of it.

the price point for solar energy is $85 per barrel and falling

the price point for electric vehicles is falling.

let me know what you do not understand

the price point for solar energy is $85 per barrel and falling

the price point for electric vehicles is falling.

let me know what you do not understand

make sure you forward this unbelievable discovery the rest of humanity....

from which side of your rear did you pull those numbers up from? 2 minutes of basic research is all it takes...literally.

start here, basic with pictures...

make sure you forward this unbelievable discovery the rest of humanity....

from which side of your rear did you pull those numbers up from? 2 minutes of basic research is all it takes...literally.

start here, basic with pictures...

I have solar panels in my home. I know how much I pay for electricity. I can do the Math

I have solar panels in my home. I know how much I pay for electricity. I can do the Math
Can you do the math here please? I am genuinely curious about how far solar panels have gone in recent years.
A kilowatt hour of electricity in Iran costs about 1 cent in average (depending on your consumption pattern, peak hours, etc.)
How much does it cost for you with solar panels?

Can you do the math here please? I am genuinely curious about how far solar panels have gone in recent years.
A kilowatt hour of electricity in Iran costs about 1 cent in average (depending on your consumption pattern, peak hours, etc.)
How much does it cost for you with solar panels?

I pay 26 cents per kw hour to my utility provider. that is the baseline charge

peak surcharge might be higher

I pay 26 cents per kw hour to my utility provider. that is the baseline charge

peak surcharge might be higher
And how much does regular (non-solar) electricity cost where you live? Like 10 to 15 cents? Or more?

I mean you clearly see that it's not cost efficient for an energy rich country like Iran because energy is subsidized here. It's at least 25 times more expensive than here.

And how much does regular (non-solar) electricity cost where you live? Like 10 to 15 cents? Or more?

I mean you clearly see that it's not cost efficient for an energy rich country like Iran because energy is subsidized here. It's at least 25 times more expensive than here.

I pay 26 cents for non-solar electricity. electricity is expensive in most of the world for folks who pay

I pay 26 cents for non-solar electricity. electricity is expensive in most of the world for folks who pay
OK. Then how much electricity that you get from your solar panels costs? Have you estimated it already?

If Cyrus the Great were alive today
If he was alive today.. he would be dead. Assasinated by the Mossad.
1657091575410.png

The countdown clock in ticking in stolen Palestine, just like in the last days of Apartheid regime that evil Zionism is based on.
aint gonna happen boy.

If he was alive today.. he would be dead. Assasinated by the Mossad.
View attachment 859470

Thanks for confirming that the zionist regime's enmity is not just with the government of the Islamic Republic, but with the Iranian nation as a whole, with its history, civilization, identity.

Moreover your comment underscores that towns in Occupied Palestine christening streets after emperor Cyrus is not a sign of recognition or sympathy for Iranian history but merely an attempt at hijacking the latter, in the framework of a general policy which aims at decimating Iran.

Oppositionist Iranians who thought Isra"el" is your friend, behold.

cyrus_an_iranian_king_a_savior_of_jews__v516x270__.jpg
il_794xN.3259442984_r6e0.jpg

Last edited:
1657095883639.png
Good Lord!!!
Thanks for conforming that the zionist regime's enmity is not just with the government of the Islamic Republic, but with the Iranian nation as a whole, with its history, civilization, identity.

Moreover your comment underscores that towns in Occupied Palestine christening streets after emperor Cyrus is not a sign of recognition or sympathy for Iranian history but merely an attempt at hijacking the latter, in the framework of a general policy which aims at decimating Iran.

Oppositionist Iranians who thought Isra"el" is your friend, behold.

cyrus_an_iranian_king_a_savior_of_jews__v516x270__.jpg
il_794xN.3259442984_r6e0.jpg

on topic:

TEHRAN (FNA)- Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Saeed Khatibzadeh said that his country has recently received its $530mln money from London after over 40 years.

The British government recently paid the 390-million-pound ($530mln) debt after more than 40 years of delay and following long-running negotiations, Khatibzadeh said on Wednesday.

He added that London had unfortunately tied paying its debt to political issues
Khatibzadeh also said that the Islamic Republic has never retracted its stance on upholding the rights of the Iranian people.

The foreign ministry spokesman noted that Iran’s Judiciary released from prison two British-Iranian nationals Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe and Anousheh Ashouri based on humanitarian considerations and on the threshold of the upcoming Islamic festivities.

Khatibzadeh said the pair were serving their sentences based on an Iranian court ruling and they were released before their jail terms were completed.

The diplomat stressed that the release of the two detainees had no connection with the debt the British government paid.

He explained that Tehran and London reached an agreement last summer over the payment of the debt, but Britain later refused to implement the document it had signed with Iran.
Khatibzadeh also said another detainee Morad Tahbaz has also been released on furlough, and thanked Oman for having a constructive role in this regard.

Iranian-American Tahbaz was sentenced to ten years in jail in November 2019 for cooperating with the US government.

Both Ashouri and Zaghari-Ratcliffe had been jailed for involvement in espionage activities against Iran.

Zaghari-Ratcliffe and Ashouri were freed on Wednesday in return for the release of an Iranian national and after Tehran received its long-awaited $530mln debt from Britain.

Before their release, Britain paid $530 million (400 million pounds) to Iran, to settle a debt related to an unfulfilled military contract that dates back to before the 1979 Islamic Revolution in Iran.

There is no further information on the Iranian national that has been released in the exchange.
Ashouri, who previously lived in Southeast London with his family, was detained in August 2017 and was sentenced to 10 years in prison for cooperating with Israel’s spy agency Mossad and two years for obtaining 33,000 euros in “illicit funds” nearly a year later.

Zaghari-Ratcliffe, 43, had been found guilty of plotting to orchestrate a soft overthrow of the Islamic Republic and has been in jail since 2016.

Zaghari-Ratcliffe, a project manager with the Thomson Reuters Foundation, was arrested in Tehran in April 2016 as she was returning to Britain.

While the British media have claimed that she was arrested after a family visit and not on any mission, former British Foreign Secretary and current Prime Minister Boris Johnson disclosed in remarks to a parliamentary committee that Zaghari-Ratcliffe was "simply teaching people journalism as I understand it" when she was arrested at Tehran airport.

Back in October 2017, the prosecutor general of Tehran stated that she was being held for running “a BBC Persian online journalism course which was aimed at recruiting and training people to spread propaganda against Iran”.

Britain has delayed the payment for many years citing problems faced because of foreign sanctions against Iran.

However, Tehran has insisted the debt should be settled regardless of issues that exist between Iran and the West.

The money is owed to Iran over an upfront payment made by the former Shah of Iran to Britain to buy 1,750 Chieftain tanks and other military vehicles.

Johnson on Tuesday declined to comment on Zaghari-Ratcliffe’s case and whether there have been direct talks on the debt issue in Tehran although he admitted that talks on consular cases have been going on for a long time.

Later in the day, British lawmaker Tulip Siddiq said Zaghari-Ratcliffe has had her British passport returned.

“I am very pleased to say that Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe has been given her British passport back,” Siddiq said on Twitter

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom