What's new

Justice Khawaja turns down special perks as new CJP

waleed3601

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD: Newly-appointed Chief Justice Jawwad S Khawaja refused on Monday to avail special perks, privileges and protocol that come with the job after taking charge as head of the superior judiciary for 24 days.

Sources revealed to The Express Tribune that the newly appointed CJ did not take the Mercedes car offered to him, neither did he avail the security protocol.

Likewise, he has also opted out of moving to the official residence of Chief Justice of Pakistan.

Read: Justice Khawaja takes oath as Chief Justice

Sources added that Chief Justice Khawaja had also decided not to sit in the CJP’s chamber and would continue his professional work in his old chamber.

The CJP has also refused to accept an official plot allotted to him, sources added.

It is to be noted that during the era of Pervez Musharraf, two plots were given to judges and top bureaucrats. However, later, the Public Accounts Committee recommended the prime minister to abolish two plots policy, which was approved.

Currently one plot is given to every Supreme Court judge, but Justice Khawaja has refused to accept it.

Meanwhile, it was also learnt that during the oath taking ceremony, Justice Khawaja did not wear the traditional dress as he took oath.

Similarly, he invited his lower category employees to join the oath-taking ceremony as they were present in the president house.

Justice Khawaja is said to be against VIP culture, therefore, he moves freely on capital roads without protocol.

Source : Justice Khawaja turns down special perks as new CJP - The Express Tribune

@Akheilos I told you he's a good guy.

I hope he pushes to amend the bloody system!

Respect for what he is doing I hope he either makes a trend - which is highly unlikely to be followed or amed the bloody laws and abolish the stupid VVIP protocol!

11d1fb7.jpg

:tup::tup::tup::pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

New hope:)
I Wish, He continue to discredit the VIP system and make example for others. This is good start , and new trend in making!

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom