What's new

Israel Offers Merkava IV Tanks to Colombia

two hand grenades would do?

No :D.
You need to ask yourself how the hell a soldiers/terrorist can come very close to a tank which his Secondary armament:
L\1 × 12.7 mm (0.50 in) MG
2 × 7.62 mm (0.300 in) MG
1 × 60 mm (2.4 in) internal mortar
12 smoke grenades

Trophy APS system is adding more survivability to this mighty beast hence more chances for mission success

we getting our own tank no need for others tanks

The Turks were about to buy 1000 Merkava tanks from Israel, for 5 Billion dollars before the relations were cut and all the military contracts were frozen.

Merkava IV+Anti tank missile protection+apam round(Multi Purpose Tank Round)=Huge fire power

apam round

LAHAT round

:smokin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really, It was considered but it was going to be chosen between an Turkified Leclerc, Yatagan or Merkava. But in the end we went for an Domestic Tank.

EDIT: I remember a little bit more now, Merkava wasnt in the Tender At all. It was Leopard, Abrams, Leclerc and Yatagan.

Army Guide - Turkey invites new bids for tanks

Erdogan suspends all bilateral defense agreements with Israel - Globes

The Turkish Army had been planning to collaborate with Israel on a $5 billion tank project within the next 10 years. Israel wants to sell 1,000 Merkava Mark III combat tanks to Turkey, worth $5 billion, but this project has been shelved. Turkey has also abandoned several joint weapon platform modernization programs, including a $50 million for M-60 tanks, a $632.5 million program for 54 F-4 Phantom, and $75 million program for 48 F-5 fighter bombers.

Erdogan suspends all bilateral defense agreements with Israel - Globes

The Turkish Army had been planning to collaborate with Israel on a $5 billion tank project within the next 10 years. Israel wants to sell 1,000 Merkava Mark III combat tanks to Turkey, worth $5 billion, but this project has been shelved. Turkey has also abandoned several joint weapon platform modernization programs, including a $50 million for M-60 tanks, a $632.5 million program for 54 F-4 Phantom, and $75 million program for 48 F-5 fighter bombers.

Biggest lie ever. Turkey never intented to buy Merkava and i dont know where this newspaper got this info from but its certainly far away from right. As i said there was a Tender which included Leopard, Leclerc, Abrams and Yatagan but Merkava wasnt in it. Infact first Turkey was going to order 1000 Leclercs but if my memories is not failing me that was halted duo some issues over the Armenian Genocide. After that we just went for the Domestic.

Turkey i am sure can come up with a much better tank then Mark.....

btwn a friend of mine had shown me an Israeli unform it said made in Turkey.????

Turkey can opt for SK XK2 its said to be worlds most advance tank do a TOT with them

tank_XK-2_South-Korea_Black_panther_004.jpg

South Korea Next Generation Tank XK2 - YouTube

It can also go under water.:azn:

Rpg-7 cannot even penetrate Merkava Mark I which was build in the 70s.
What can cause real damage to any modern tank in the world is very expensive RPG-30 and kornet-E. But this is way IDF order Anti tank missile protection

how will the trophy system deal with something like this
3D_Grande_Launcher_model_by_yashmeet135.jpg

grande launcher will it deal with it as a AT rocket ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom