What's new

First Photos of Destroyed Leopard and Bradley’s, confirmed

According to Ukraine, Russia has lost approximately 3,800 tanks (as of May 2023), while independent studies estimate the number to be around 1,600. So, no idea where that "7,000 pieces of armor" claim is coming from.

Regardless of the actual figures (as there is no concrete source), it is important to remember that not all of these tanks were top-of-the-line T-90s, and the majority of them were taken down by Ukrainian forces using Javelin missiles.

Now, here's where things get interesting: It costs Russia approximately $1.6 million to domestically manufacture the state-of-the-art T-90M Proryv-3 tank. In contrast, a Javelin missile (excluding the firing platform) goes for like $240,000 a pop.

The point is, this war is far from "inexpensive," no matter how you look at it. Sooner or later, either the West or Russia will lose its patience, and Europeans are already reluctantly supporting Ukraine due to their obligations with NATO.

Plus, during World War II, Russia lost over 80,000 tanks, so even 7,000 tanks is a rookie number!

And let's not forget that Russia has abundant oil reserves and practically the entire Asia and Africa relies on their military hardware, at least to a certain extent.

Point is, they can fuel this facade for much longer than you'd like to admit.
The 7.000 armor includes MBT and IFV.
Interesting that you think most were destroyed by Javelin, since most combat footage seems to be of ukrainian produced Stugna ATGM, anti tank mines, NLAW and various shoulder launched anti tank weapons. Not to mention artillery shells and the russians simply leaving equipment behind for various reasons.
Russia can fuel this using old Sovjet stocks, but its own production lines cant.
Russia is never going to restore those stocks, so its a one off opportunity for Russia, and it seems to be wasted.

this again shows vulnerability of mechanized armour in front of portable guided munitions and air power

Russian suffered the same prior

thing is Ukraine tried to fight Russian in their way
and was hit hard

The Netherlands hasn't sent any soldiers to Ukraine.

Russia is China's northern flank and vital to China's national security. If Netherlands invade Russia I can see China getting directly involved in war like China did when the US invaded North Korea in 1950.

this again shows vulnerability of mechanized armour in front of portable guided munitions and air power

Russian suffered the same prior

thing is Ukraine tried to fight Russian in their way
and was hit hard
Russia and Ukraine are two sovjet armies. I dont think their way of fighting is more russian than ukrainian. The ukrainians cant win a slugfest with Russia if Russia chose to go all the way. So either the ukrainians reinvent its doctrines or hope the russians run out of plebs willing to die for Putins palaces.

Russia and Ukraine are two sovjet armies. I dont think their way of fighting is more russian than ukrainian. The ukrainians cant win a slugfest with Russia if Russia chose to go all the way. So either the ukrainians reinvent its doctrines or hope the russians run out of plebs willing to die for Putins palaces.

Russia has 4 times the population as Ukraine but more importantly Russia has much more natural resources and much more industrial base than Ukraine. I can see Ukraine being successful on the defensive but if Ukraine goes on the offensive then I can see Ukraine lose a lot for no gain.

Most Russian anti-tank missiles have 3-4 km range
These a small handheld atgms with a mass of around 10-20kg. The 9K121 Vikhr with a mass of 47kg is much bigger and flies at 600m/s. In the linked video the flight time is 25s, so the range must be somewhere around 12-15km.

And even the newer Kornet atgm has a range of 8-10km.

These a small handheld atgms with a mass of around 10-20kg. The 9K121 Vikhr with a mass of 47kg is much bigger and flies at 600m/s. In the linked video the flight time is 25s, so the range must be somewhere around 12-15km.

And even the newer Kornet atgm has a range of 8-10km.

Vikur and Hellfire are probably similar in range.

The main thing are nearly all the crews survived unlike our Russian astronauts who get sent to space.
You repeating this claim in different threads. I wonder what was your source of information. (Trust me bro?)

That was some sort of a smoke grenade type thing that allowed those neo nazis to escape.

Like tom cruise did in that top gun maverick movie.
I remember Maverick did shoot 2 SU57s with half a piece of F-14.

According to Ukraine, Russia has lost approximately 3,800 tanks (as of May 2023), while independent studies estimate the number to be around 1,600. So, no idea where that "7,000 pieces of armor" claim is coming from.
They got these figures from visual confirmations.
And their calculation works like if you have 2 different pictures of the same armor destroyed it means two pieces of armor were destroyed. :enjoy:

I remember Maverick did shoot 2 SU57s with half a piece of F-14.

They got these figures from visual confirmations.
And their calculation works like if you have 2 different pictures of the same armor destroyed it means two pieces of armor were destroyed. :enjoy:
You know very well that is not true. But who cares, right?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom