What's new

Fawad Choudhry Quits PTI ..and Asad Umar Follows !

Back in 2007, during peak of azad adilya movement, I had warned foolish supporters of IK that anjaam of supporting the likes of BB, Zardari and Sharifs would have deadly consequences.

We see the result of this foolishness today. His supporters have claimed for the last fifteen years that "doctrine of necessity", which supposedly was the root of all problems, was dead and buried. His allies back then, the likes of Hamid Khan, Minallah, Aitazaz Ahsan, Kurd et al had promised that movement would bring haqeeqe azadi. Enjoy your azadi now.

Khan's movement is pretty much history. And now will come the payback. This script has been repeated ad nauseam over the last 200 years. Install corrupt rulers, watch them perform bunder ka tamaasha, while adults get on with their business.

Lets do dot connecting now. Pak requires billions of dollars. Only entity that can help is China. That avenue is closed however because, as much as PTI fanbois want to believe otherwise, goal of RCO was to remove Pak from Chinese camp. China knows this. Dollars therefore will not be forthcoming. Default is the likely option. And if you think IMF is driving a hard bargain now, wait and see what they do to you when PKR is at 400.

And political turmoil and repression is just beginning. Allies now will become deadly enemies soon and that is when goras will plunge in the knife. It is all darkness now but how ridiculous is to expect Allah kee barkath when evil doers like Zardari, Altaf and Sharifs are given freedom of the land?
IMF/West will help once IK/PTI are neutralized...that's the collateral they are demanding of Sepoys who are hellbent on delivering on it.

A good Point for American Pakistani Community and PAKPAC to Unite behind and send a message to Presidential Campaigns to do the same for Pakistan's upcoming elections to get their votes and campaign contributions.
Not at all, US is adept at practicing double standards. It is applying a different standard for Pakistan.

You and I are kind of the 'oldies' here, if you don't mind that label.

You have been consistently against the Establishment of Pakistan in this forum. Most of the time, I found your posts against the Establishment too negative. I think overall I still disagree with you on that but that's because I think bringing down the Pakistani Establishment without viable alternative would be disastrous for Pakistan. There are shades of that line of thought in today's Asad Umar speech about leaving the PTI--I haven't seen that speech fully yet.

As for me: I graduated from the University of Karachi in 1990. In the 'Year Book', there were many questions to be answered. One question was 'Who do you hate most?'. My answer was 'Pakistani Army Generals'. I had seen Zia's Martial Law and what it did to Pakistan. That book lies in the custody of someone in Karachi.

So while I never had much love for the 'Establishment', which this fanboi forum is only now condemning because their leader Imran Khan started to say so, my line of thinking is for political evolution. Education. Peace with India. A gradual process to remove the Establishment. No revolutions because this is not a nation of revolutionaries and PTI is not a party of the such people.

Please note that I can agree with most of the above, except that I have also clearly said that there is no replacing the military either. That is Pakistan's curse and blessing rolled into one entity. It is what keeps the country together. It also is what keep the country right where it is as a security state with abysmal social development.

I lived though it all, up close and personal, from the fall of Bhutto, to Zia's rise, and all the effects that came afterwards, from the frontlines of student activism to the highest levels of government. I do not need to elaborate further do I?

IMF/West will help once IK/PTI are neutralized...that's the collateral they are demanding of Sepoys who are hellbent on delivering on it.

IMF is little more than a band-aid. It is private investment that will grow the economy, and that isn't going to come as long as the whiskey generals are running things.

IMF is little more than a band-aid. It is private investment that will grow the economy, and that isn't going to come as long as the whiskey generals are running things.
They are not looking to grow the economy, high GDP growth works against sepoys' interests. They want to keep it barely breathing so they can more easily control it, the "hindu rate of growth" or even less than that suits them fine.

It's painful...

I would also point our any economic policy no nation sees immediate results. First five years you see a little growth spurt and if kept watering properly next five will grow to a full fruit free, and then you can reap the fruits. A bad watering plan will doom any strategy within five years and be considered a sunk cost whereas you have to pull funds from elsewhere to plug that gap and in the process create another.

@Meengla

I have never criticized Imran's economic policies. I thought Pakistan was on right track and I used to trust economic matters with member Zia ul Islam and a Bilal member here who are more competent than me on the economy of Pakistan. Since Imran's departure, I have heard about the 'fiscal landmines' or 'corruption' etc but I don't know enough to form an opinion. What I do know is that if things were THAT good under Imran then they wouldn't and didn't go THAT bad so quickly because he left. I blame the political instability for the mess Pakistan is in. And, as I said above, keeping Imran in power for the next 18 months was not a bad idea as long as he wouldn't be allowed to make appointments to ensure his continuity of power, as even alleged by Irshad Bhatti.

No. IMF/West along with China/Arabs are going to help because they want to ensure Pakistan doesn't blow away whatever help is given to Pakistan over another long period of political instability as witnessed over the last 12+ months. With the possible exception of India, I don't think anyone wants Pakistan on its knees. It's too dangerous for the region and the world. Until there is stability, only a fool would dump billions into Pakistan. And I also think overseas Pakistan will continue to send money to Pakistan. Maybe not on large scale but they will because they are basically sending to their family--just Iike I have been for the last 19 years.

Please note that I can agree with most of the above, except that I have also clearly said that there is no replacing the military either. That is Pakistan's curse and blessing rolled into one entity. It is what keeps the country together. It also is what keep the country right where it is as a security state with abysmal social development.

I think the Pakistani military will be greatly reduced in its clout once Pakistan stops being a Security State and for that to happen, Pakistan and India need to find a peaceful solution to the Kashmir dispute.

I think the Pakistani military will be greatly reduced in its clout once Pakistan stops being a Security State and for that to happen, Pakistan and India need to find a peaceful solution to the Kashmir dispute.

And that is exactly why it is in the military's interest to keep the matter exactly where they have kept it.

If applied on Pakistan... What happens to ruling establishment and Politicians?
Selective application of it's own democratic principles is the forte of US foreign policy. Will never be applied to Pakistan.

If applied on Pakistan... What happens to ruling establishment and Politicians?

Political and diplomatic pressure, perhaps.

Personal pressure, no. All of them go to the UK to hide their wealth, not US.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom