What's new

China in third tier of a four-tier global manufacturing hierarchy: former minister

siegecrossbow

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
China

China is positioned in the third tier of a four-tier global manufacturing hierarchy and is at least 30 years away from achieving its goal of becoming a strong manufacturing power, a senior official said on the sidelines of the two sessions on Sunday.

China's manufacturing industry has made marked progress lately, but the general view that it is "big, but not strong" and "comprehensive, but not excellent" has not fundamentally changed, Miao Wei, former head of the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, said in a speech at the second plenary meeting of the fourth session of the 13th CPPCC National Committee.

Miao highlighted problems restricting the high-quality development of China's manufacturing industry.

The market-based pricing mechanism for production factors is not perfect, and the costs of energy, land and environmental protection don't fully reflect the relationship between market supply and demand or the degree of resource scarcity. The tax burden on enterprises remains heavy, and financial support for the manufacturing sector urgently needs to be strengthened, Miao said.

"Since the China-US trade and technology conflict began, the supply chain has been disrupted, and now we need to rebuild the competitiveness of the industry and supply chains on our own," Hong Tao, director of the Institute of Business Economics at Beijing Technology and Business University, told the Global Times, noting that the chip issue is also forcing China to make a change.

Miao said that the reason for the inadequate level of innovation in China's manufacturing sector is the repetitive, scattered and inefficient allocation of resources, and structural defects in the supply system of key generic technologies.

China also needs to speed up the development of qualified personnel to support the high-quality development of the manufacturing industry.

Miao said that there is a shortage of talent in emerging industries, and the proportion of innovative and highly skilled talent is low, which has become a major constraint to the development of the manufacturing industry. This issue warrants great attention to achieve enhanced development, Miao said.

Zhang Yansheng, chief research fellow with the China Center for International Economic Exchanges, told the Global Times on Sunday that Miao's remarks are intended to remind the nation that a clear path lies ahead, when China is about to enter the first tier through a great acceleration in the coming years.

China is embarking on a new era in which it competes with ones in the top tier in frontier areas, and this is where the China-US trade war and technology war came into being, said Zhang.

"China has entered the prime era of scientific and technological innovation, which is an era of acceleration. Because China has one of the biggest market application scenarios with high-quality consumer demand that no other country can match, the 'threat' to the US, from this perspective, is not illusory but real," said Zhang.

In the past five years, the annual growth rate of research and development (R&D) spending in China has been above 10 percent, said Zhang.

The country will aim to strive for 7 percent annual growth in R&D spending and forging a new development pattern, according to the Government Work Report delivered on Friday.

Chinese officials: China is still a third-tier manufacturing power.

Indian officials:

Chinese are overly modest while certain people are overly arrogant.

To succeed with them you have to be the loudest bragger and constantly talk about how you're the best while having just enough skill to deliver the minimum.

Interestingly, in this minister's viewpoint, here are the tiers:

1. US
2. Germany/Japan
3. China/South Korea/developed EU outside Germany
4. Everyone else doesn't matter <- certain countries fit right here

the only industries in which China is still behind the US are the semiconducter plus the software for consumer electronics and aircraft (both rotary and fixed wing) industries, in 10 or max 15 years China's semiconducter industry will catch up to that of the US and as for aircrafts it will also probably take around the same time, unless if he is also counting something like V-22! in which case yeah it may take China 20 years or more to creat a large tiltrotor like the V-22.

the words of this former minister is probably just a case of laying low to convince anti-China countries that they shouldn't worry about a China surpassing them anytime soon.

Chinese are overly modest while certain people are overly arrogant.

To succeed with them you have to be the loudest bragger and constantly talk about how you're the best while having just enough skill to deliver the minimum.

Interestingly, in this minister's viewpoint, here are the tiers:

1. US
2. Germany/Japan
3. China/South Korea/developed EU outside Germany
4. Everyone else doesn't matter <- certain countries fit right here
LMAO @ the US being tier 1. WTF does the US manufacture? Germany has the mechanical engineering game on lock, and East Asia has the electronics.

Most are from western nations:

1615250360739.png

Most are from western nations:

View attachment 723042

That is such a BS list.

I bought a $800 (on the high side) LG appliance.

The electronics went bad in 45 days. warranty was crap, and i had to throw it away. The rest of the brands (Miele, Speed Queen, Bosch, Thermador etc.) are all super expensive appliances, top tier brands.

Some false flagger Indian with a Venezuelan and Argentinian flag passing judgments while not having ANY CLUE what these ratings mean.

I doubt this guy has hardly any experience buying these. Most of these brands are not even available in India.

Indian appliances are the most shoddy pieces of junk imaginable.

Aya hai mera expert...

Last edited:
BS list?

This site is under paywall.

1615251689575.png

Its clients:

1615251754157.png

Some people can not digest the facts when they seem unfavourable.

That is such a BS list.

I bought a $800 (on the high side) LG appliance.

The electronics went bad in 45 days. warranty was crap, and i had to throw it away. The rest of the brands (Miele, Speed Queen, Bosch, Thermador etc.) are all super expensive appliances, top tier brands.

Soem false flagger Indian with a Venezuelan and Argentinian flag passing judgments while not having ANY CLUE what these ratings mean.

I doubt this guy has hardly any experience buying these. Most of these brands are not even available in India.

Indian appliances are the most shoddy pieces of junk imaginable.

Aya hai mera expert...

Well what is surprise here. china name is used as synonymous for fake and cheap in all over world.

BS list?

This site is under paywall.

View attachment 723051

Its clients:

View attachment 723053

Some people can not digest the facts when they seem unfavourable.

Your list has zero context with the subject of the thread.

Have you EVER been to China??

Do you know what types of advanced manufacturing capabilities China even has right now?

If not - better to stay silent.

Making home appliances don't matter. Sheet metal bending and a few motor driven things are not the height of technology.`

BTW - they make better quality appliances in Bangladesh than India does. And we are just starting out.

Don't try to compare China and US.

Compare India and Bangladesh.

India cannot even make their own circuit boards for their phones.
enough said.
Well what is surprise here. china name is used as synonymous for fake and cheap in all over world.

Sanghi trolls have arrived....

Hey, America is counting on you 🤡 to sustain its hegemony. I know, I know, I can't stop laughing at the pathetic desperation, but you guys should act the part.

I actually recall seeing some Indian show where one of the "analysts" said that the US China competition is India's "ticket to the big leagues". That's the mentality you people have, all you can ever think about is how to scam your next free meal.

Your list has zero context with the subject of the thread.

Do you know what types of advanced manufacturing capabilities China even has right now?

If not - better to stay silent.

Making home appliances don't matter. Sheet metal bending and a few motor driven things are not the height of technology.`

BTW - they make better quality appliances in Bangladesh than India does. And we are just starting out.

Don't try to compare China and US.

Compare India and Bangladesh.

India cannot even make their own circuit boards for their phones.
enough said.

Sanghi trolls have arrived....

Do I have to?

Do I have to jump into the Mariana Trench to find out how deep it is?

So if I talked about Electrolux product for example, you would want me to visit Sweden first?

What kind of mentality is this?

LMAO @ the US being tier 1. WTF does the US manufacture? Germany has the mechanical engineering game on lock, and East Asia has the electronics.

Legal papers. You may have the factories and design houses but we have an army of lawyers ready to sue you for a cut of the profits. Checkmate commies!

@SuperStar20 your country isn’t even on the tier list. It might barely make tier four when it figures out how to make boycott China hats.

Do I have to?

Do I have to jump into the Mariana Trench to find out how deep it is?

So if I talked about Electrolux product for example, you would want me to visit Sweden first?

What kind of mentality is this?
No, you need not, just as you pretend to be an Venezuelan lives in Argentina, you don't need to went to those countries too.
I know you are too shame to let others know in fact you are Indian.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom