What's new

China faces structural mismatch in labour market, factories facing 30 million manufacturing workers shortage as interest in manufacturing falls among

beijingwalker

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China

China faces structural mismatch in labour market, factories facing 30 million manufacturing workers shortage as interest in manufacturing falls among youth

The main problem is the over education of the young population, now always every young person holds at least a bachelor's degree and will never think about taking a manufacturing job, they would rather choose "lying flat" at home than take a job in a factory.

Foxconn factory in Zhenzhou offers a wage of over $1,500 a month, still fails to get young people to work in their factory. young people would rather take a delivery job which pays the same but offers more freedom and flexibility. On the contrary, if an office job pays only half of that money, there may be many candidats applying for it.

High unemployment rate among the young people in China is of choice, now they have the luxury to say no to undesirable jobs and lie flat while still enjoying a comfortable life, the situation which had never happened in the whole history of China.

Most the young unemployed are from upper middle class families. They would never ever take a factory job, no matter how much the factory jobs pay them. its not about money, its about social stigma if they do.

I had been saying this for montha but the cheerleaders don't want to listen. My shipyard has a problem getting young workers even when we were offering 5000 to 7000 rmb pay, roughly 1000$US, pretty decent pay in China.

Universities should reduce liberal arts admissions by 90 percent.

Most the young unemployed are from upper middle class families. They would never ever take a factory job, no matter how much the factory jobs pay them. its not about money, its about social stigma if they do.

Bachelor's degree really doesn't worth much. Expectation needs to be adjusted as wider population receives higher education.

The main problem is the over education of the young population, now always every young person holds at least a bachelor's degree and will never think about taking a manufacturing job, they would rather choose "lying flat" at home than take a job in a factory.

Foxconn factory in Zhenzhou offers a wage of over $1,500 a month, still fails to get young people to work in their factory. young people would rather take a delivery job which pays the same but offers more freedom and flexibility. On the contrary, if an office job pays only half of that money, there may be many candidats applying for it.
I had been saying this for montha but the cheerleaders don't want to listen. My shipyard has a problem getting young workers even when we were offering 5000 to 7000 rmb pay, roughly 1000$US, pretty decent pay in China.
Bachelor's degree really doesn't worth much. Expectation needs to be adjusted as wider population receives higher education.

retard commie logic again,

there's no such thing as too much educated people, only a lack of jobs or lack of pay.

human talent is still the most scarce and valuable resource to all countries/institutions/companies

1689821147611.png

only problem is feudal xi spends half of your money on retard commie ideas so of course no one wants to work those skilled manual labor jobs.

i'm sure they would gladly work in those jobs if they were paid $50k USD instead.

there's no such thing as too much educated people, only a lack of jobs or lack of pay.

human talent is still the most scarce and valuable resource to all countries/institutions/companies

View attachment 939768

only problem is feudal xi spends half of your money on retard commie ideas so of course no one wants to work those skilled manual labor jobs.

i'm sure they would gladly work in those jobs if they were paid $50k USD instead.
You retard, how many employers can afford paying that much money in the world? You will be out of business for no time. every post of yours shows that you are just so dumb

When I graduated from college, my first job paid only $300 a month.

Now those graduates with degrees are having a hard time accepting less than $1300 a month.

These kids were born into affluent families and grew up in an era of rapid economic growth, and they already think much differently than we do.

The govt needs to address this embarrassing situation of simultaneous high unemployment and lack of workers in factories. These children also need to recognize the reality that a degree is now worthless.

View attachment 939768

Numb numb, are you in China? If you are here, you will understand, in US you less population hence higher wages, it is a demand and supply issue. China porbably has more welding jobs in one province than the whole US combined. The average welder is getting paid 2000$, a decent pay in China and don't forget our currency is undervalued.

When I graduated from college, my first job paid only $300 a month.

Now those graduates with degrees are having a hard time accepting less than $1300 a month.

These kids were born into affluent families and grew up in an era of rapid economic growth, and they already think much differently than we do.

The govt needs to address this embarrassing situation of simultaneous high unemployment and lack of workers in factories. These children also need to recognize the reality that a degree is now worthless.
My point exactly, a 2000$US welding job is not desirable at all.

View attachment 939768

Nobody will get 50k usd, at most 20k usd a yeae.

Jobs don't pay as good as their parents do
Single child pampering may also be a reason. china needs to bring 30 year fixed mortgage like usa had for 60 years now.
THe 30 year fixed mortgage guarenteed by us govt is what allowed americans who are plumbers, who run hot dog stands decent housing and reduced stigma with such labor.

When colleg grads see their neighbours are plumbers and carpenters - stigma will go down.

Back
Top Bottom