What's new

Bangladeshi-Irish model Maksuda Akhter Prioty wins top model award at Cannes Film Festival

Homo Sapiens

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh

Bangladeshi-Irish model Maksuda Akhter Prioty wins top model award at Cannes Film Festival

Arts & Entertainment Desk
Sat Jul 17, 2021 04:34 PM
1627217550200.png

Maksuda Akhter Prioty. Photo: Collected

Bangladeshi-Irish model Maksuda Akhter Prioty won the prestigious top model award at this year's Cannes Film Festival. The award was sponsored by Integrity Magazine, and models from across the globe participated in the competition. Prioty's outstanding performance at the ramp won her the title of the top model.

Prioty shared the news on her official Facebook page. "Although I have received the 'Top Model' award at the 74th Cannes Film Festival, I simply cannot claim the award as my own. I would like to thank my fashion designer, make-up artists, hairstylists, and the other models for working hard to ensure that the event goes well," stated Prioty in her post.

Talking about the experience of the night, Prioty shared, "An unforgettable, magical evening! Thank you so much, everyone, for all of your blessings. Please know that your prayers are working wonderfully in my life."

The Former Ms Ireland and Ms Earth International is originally from Dhaka, Bangladesh. The first Asian to win a European national title, Prioty went to Ireland after completing the ninth grade at London International School, Dhaka.

The versatile model is passionate about aviation. She is currently pursuing her dream by working as a pilot. Prioty is also an author, with several Bengali books published in the Ekushey Boi Mela last year.

Last edited:
Meh.. who cares.

We need successful Bangladeshi or Bengali women to show our girls that they can make it big too and create change for good..

Not Miss pick me here whose only skill is winning the genetics lottery.

Bring us a female Muhammad Younis or a Rubana Hauqe..

These showbiz and fashion industry dames are nothing.

Meh.. who cares.

We need successful Bangladeshi or Bengali women to show our girls that they can make it big too and create change for good..

Exactly. Rubana Haque was such a great role model for Bangladeshi women and still is.

She negotiated BGMEA's rights so tactfully with EU leaders when she was chief.

We need more women business leaders like here. A group of Bangladeshi women are now taking reins of business, and some like Ayesha Aziz Khan have actual business chops. She led the listing of Summit energy in many foreign bourses.

iu

Thank god not that kajer meye mithila

Kajer meye Mithila ekhon Indian hoye gesey. She spends more time in Kolkata with her
Indian husband than in Dhaka.

Same with some other 'Chetona' babes.

Last edited:
Meh.. who cares.

True , we need inventors not some MUH HUH I LOOK HOT

Meh.. who cares.

Both are needed. Whether we like it or not, this world is celebrity obsessed. These glamorous girls generate more public interest than a female scientist. This is sad but true. Most men are still attracted to female physical beauty than her intellect.

Her achievement should not be minimize. It's still rare to find Asian girls in the top European fashions. So in such circumstances, her achievement as becoming the top model in one of the most prestigious film festival in the world is certainly praiseworthy. This is also the first time a Bangladeshi movie was selected in the official screening in Cannes despite the fact that, big screen show in Bangladesh is almost extinct. We have to recover from ashes in film industry. These type of achievement will inspire more producers, directors to make good movies. Good movies, music, internationally acclaimed fashion model all are part of soft power by which a country can gain positive influence in the world. Look at Korean entertainment industry or Turkish. Millions of tourists are flocking to these countries to experience the dreamland they see on the screen. Isn't it wonderful? If we can successfully market our movies, songs and other cultural resources around the world, it will increase our standing on the global platform.

Last edited:
Meh.. who cares.

Genetic lottery? Bruh I’ve looked at a couple of girls to marry already and they’re waay better looking than any of the industry chicks
Kajer meye Mithila ekhon Indian hoye gesey. She spends more time in Kolkata with her
Indian husband than in Dhaka.

Same with some other 'Chetona' babes.
Not the buri mithila but sakib er ex. 😅😂😂😂

Genetic lottery

I was being generous lol, If I said something negative white knights and uncle toms would be reporting me.. they all want me banned anyway, can't give them a reason. Mods on their side too..

Last time I said something about an extremist saudi woman breaking hindu idols, I got attacked by uncle toms.

I was being generous lol, If I said something negative white knights and uncle toms would be reporting me.. they all want me banned anyway, can't give them a reason. Mods on their side too..

Last time I said something about an extremist saudi woman breaking hindu idols, I got attacked by uncle toms.

We don't simp brother , we're BASED 8-)

But true lol

Thank god not that kajer meye mithila

Bangladeshis like Mithila see the 'fruits' of the west and become spoilt, they immediately disown what they come from, how she won Miss Bangladesh I can't comprehend. In London in one estate every girl even the aunties are better looking than her. I don't agree with colourism but her hands are one colour and her face is another.

Model agencies in Bangladeshis took to the fact she was slim and tall and forgot about the rest lol.

Genetic lottery? Bruh I’ve looked at a couple of girls to marry already and they’re waay better looking than any of the industry chicks

Not the buri mithila but sakib er ex. 😅😂😂😂

Oh I thought you had the hots for older women. :lol:

Er nam o to shuni nai. Eida keda?

Oh this is that "face only" model....I guess kajer meye is not too far off a description. But anyway, human is all that matters. Who needs wit and conversation...

iu

Bangladeshis like Mithila see the 'fruits' of the west and become spoilt, they immediately disown what they come from, how she won Miss Bangladesh I can't comprehend. In London in one estate every girl even the aunties are better looking than her. I don't agree with colourism but her hands are one colour and her face is another.

Model agencies in Bangladeshis took to the fact she was slim and tall and forgot about the rest lol.

That's all you need. An airhead more or less....won't need a PhD...

Last edited:

The only thing good about her is her body and I wouldn’t be surprised if she leveraged it to win
Oh I thought you had the hots for older women. :lol:

Er nam o to shuni nai. Eida keda?

Oh this is that "face only" model....I guess kajer meye is not too far off a description. But anyway, human is all that matters. Who needs wit and conversation...

iu

That's all you need. An airhead more or less....won't need a PhD...
Bhai older women teen thakte bhalo lagto. Ekhon young women pochondo 😂😂😂
ETA sakib al Hassan er ex

You mean p cuckies
Yeah I’ve seen them hound you. But I’m too red pilled to give a damn

A very Bengali face, how does a brown face get accepted in white dominated lands I wonder amid constant reports of racism.

A very Bengali face, how does a brown face get accepted in white dominated lands I wonder amid constant reports of racism.

Cause white judges are tired of seeing the typical blonde blue eyed women , in fact getting a tan in the west is seen as more sexy than the usual white skin anyways lol

Because they rate 'exotic' women (their words not mine) over white women.

Exotic women are the only women they rate over their own.. interestingly this exotic isn't a race.. they just take the prettiest from other races and brand them exotic..

Fashion industry is weird.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom