Younis didn’t want deputy for Champions Trophy

EagleEyes

ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Younis didn’t want deputy for Champions Trophy

Staff Report

LAHORE: Pakistan skipper Younis Khan did not want a vice-captain for next month’s ICC Champions Trophy after a disappointing tour of Sri Lanka but his suggestion was rejected by PCB chairman Ijaz Butt who appointed Shahid Afridi for the job. According to a report, Ijaz also rejected Younis’s suggestion of giving a key coaching position to former captain Rashid Latif. The report said Younis had conveyed the suggestions in his one-on-one meeting with Ijaz after the team returned from a disastrous tour of Sri Lanka in which Pakistan lost both the Test and ODI series. However, Ijaz appointed Afridi as vice-captain for the Champions Trophy replacing senior batsman Misbahul Haq. Sources close to Younis said while he was keen to have Latif as assistant coach of the national team but the former captain had turned down the offer.

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Afridi will be surly best for the pakistan cricket as a vice captain(I personally belive he should be a captain). Younus khan is no doubt a master of cricket but not as aggressive as afridi. Give afridi chance for next 2-3 series and if he doesn't prove himself then think about what Younus has said.

BOOM BOOM AFRIDI.

Younis should stay as the ODI and TEST captain as long as he wants to. Afridi then can take over..

Younis didn't want Misbah as VC that is why he suggested to have no VC. Fans and media would have eaten Younis alive had he suggested Shahid's name himself.

Younis and Shahid are a perfect team to lead Pakistan. Misbah and others need to pay attention to their cricket otherwise they will be replaced.

I wonder who is going to vice-captain the side in the Tests.. as far as i know Shahid Afridi has retired from test cricket.

Afridi played his last test in 2006
Last Test England v Pakistan at Manchester, Jul 27-29, 2006

I am not sure that he is retired from test cricket...

SA retired and then took his decission back.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom