What's new

What kind of rentry vehicle is used in shaheen 2&3 missiles. It just uses PSAC or can it maneuver in terminal phase which would suggest an marv.

Falcon34

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
The info available presents some confusion on rentry vehicle of shaheen 2&3.

Re-entry vehicle​

The re-entry vehicle carried by the Shaheen-II missile has a mass of 700–1250 kg, which includes the mass of a nuclear warhead and a terminal guidance system.[9]

This re-entry vehicle is unlike that of the Shaheen I in that it has four moving delta control fins at the rear and small solid/liquid-propellant side thrust motors, which are used to orient the re-entry vehicle after the booster stage is depleted or before re-entry to improve accuracy by providing stabilization during the terminal phase. This can also be used to fly evasive manoeuvres, making it problematic for existing anti-ballistic missile (ABM) systems to successfully intercept the missile. The Shaheen II warhead may change its trajectory several times during re-entry and during the terminal phase, effectively preventing ABM radar systems from pre-calculating intercept points. The re-entry vehicle is also stated to utilise a GPS satellite guidance system to provide updates on its position, further improving its accuracy and reducing the CEP.
I am just confused whether it is PSAC or marv. I know we don't have marvs but this just very confusing.
I found the above info in various articles.
Source wikipedia

Shaheen II and III use sideway thrust motors. Shaheen 1 is MARV.

Shaheen II and III use sideway thrust motors. Shaheen 1 is MARV.
Really, do we really have the marv technology. Shaheen 1 have been tested multiples times in last 2 to 3 years. Maybe they were testing marvs on it

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom