What's new

What do you think of Binkov's Battlegrounds opinion on Chinese Fighter Aircraft?

6. Chinese business practices and prices of their products. Chinese want to charge "high western prices" on products with no historical performance pedigree that are severly downgraded products made using much lower paid Chinese salaries compared to the western salaries and associated manufacturing costs(ie massive chinese profiteering), or refusal to sell the latest of what they have in service. Also, the arrogant culture of - "no - that is good enough for you, now give us your money for our overpriced product and be grateful you are getting it and don't ask such silly questions about other products approach.... " compared with western suppliers who will sell you the same version that is current in their armed forces eg Rafale, EF2000, etc ..

ps - The only one with real restrictions is the USA - everyone else will pretty much sell you the full version of anything they have and without restrictions or comprimises.
Really? When did Egypt get meteor from the Rafale deal? Military deal is not simple merchandise trade, politics and security are main concerns.

Let me add on to this, modern semi conductor issues... China is boycotted by global players in such high tech field. No TOT for chinna in this regard.
China is a major player in semi conductors and biggest consumer of semi conductor. Such boycott will not work. Look at intel forced to apologies after claiming to boycott parts from XInjiang. Why need to apologise if they think they are so powerful?

Let me add on to this, modern semi conductor issues... China is boycotted by global players in such high tech field. No TOT for chinna in this regard.
You do realise military chips are far different from consumer chips? The process used are way behind consumer ones which are 28nm and above. Coincidentally, China also manufactures chips on this process!

get an update man

View attachment 811975

china was far behind in air force and they need a fully new airforce how can they sale mass jets when their own pilots flying J-7 and j8 even today ?

China is a major player in semi conductors and biggest consumer of semi conductor. Such boycott will not work. Look at intel forced to apologies after claiming to boycott parts from XInjiang. Why need to apologise if they think they are so powerful?

You do realise military chips are far different from consumer chips? The process used are way behind consumer ones which are 28nm and above. Coincidentally, China also manufactures chips on this process!
I am not saying about the 200nm and above process, that china produces plentifully. But china can't to the latest 5nm process which is the cutting edge of chip technology. No one is ready to sell the manufacturing tech to china.

I am not saying about the 200nm and above process, that china produces plentifully. But china can't to the latest 5nm process which is the cutting edge of chip technology. No one is ready to sell the manufacturing tech to china.
Nobody will sell that tech. Even intel with all the money in the world cant get that tech. That represent just a small portion of semi-con as a whole. Plus 5nm is just a matter of time, we can produced by China itself.

I think you are talking about sales of 5nm. For your info, only Huawei is banned from access of 5nm foundry chips. Xiaomi, Oppo, Alibaba and many other Chinese companies has no problem getting TSMC to make 5nm chips according to their design.

And how does that relate to the claim that it bottlenecks China's jet exports? Also China produces 28nm and above domestically, 14nm in trial production.

Binkov is fun to watch but you get the feeling sometimes he's a paid shill.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom