What's new

Urgent: An Egyptian military base in Eritrea

The SC

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Canada

Strange events have happened yesterday 10 January 2018 in the region:

- South Sudan airport announced that the navigation is suspended for maneuvers of the Egyptian air force..

- Sudden power outage in Sudan
Sudanese media reported that electricity was cut off from all Sudanese states on Wednesday afternoon as a result of a technical malfunction that was not clear..

- For the first time Tanzania announces the construction of a new dam with the participation of Egyptian engineers and Egyptian supervision to regulate water to the depth of Ethiopia..

Last edited:
Nile will eventually take its toll.
Tanzania is one of the Nile's upstream countries and has the largest part of Lake Victoria which is first source of the Nile to all the countries of the basin.. this means that if you rule it, you rule the whole Nile water distribution..

Tanzanian Foreign Minister Agustin Mahiga has announced his country's construction of a power plant/ Dam, adding that the Egyptian government has expressed its desire to build the dam.

26239428_1836025096469428_5369833484802020421_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/MFAEgypt

Nile_Basin.thumb.png.8831e1e5fe2b323147f6699f71c843c1.png

Lake-Victoria.jpg

africa.png

@Gomig-21

Just like I said today, it's time for us to start acting like wolves or risk being devoured by ones. And it seems that some of our southern neighbors need to get this message loud and clear "you mess with our Nile, we might just mess with your very existence as a country".

Time to awaken the pharaoh, there's work to be done.

122842236.jpg

Tanzania is one of the Nile's upstream countries and has the largest part of Lake Victoria which is first source of the Nile to all the countries of the basin.. this means that if you rule it, you rule the whole Nile water distribution..

Tanzanian Foreign Minister Agustin Mahiga has announced his country's construction of a power plant/ Dam, adding that the Egyptian government has expressed its desire to build the dam.

26239428_1836025096469428_5369833484802020421_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/MFAEgypt

Nile_Basin.thumb.png.8831e1e5fe2b323147f6699f71c843c1.png

Lake-Victoria.jpg

africa.png

@Gomig-21

Interesting and very welcome news.

It's worth noticing that KSA is opening a military base in neighboring Djibouti while UAE already has a base in Eritrea.

Notice likewise the growing ties with Cyprus and Greece by all 3 (KSA, Egypt and UAE).

Most recently the growing ties/visists of Egyptian officials to numerous Sub-Saharan/Horner countries and what do I see from KSA's part? The same thing of late.

http://www.arabnews.com/node/1221851/saudi-arabia

http://www.arabnews.com/node/1221916/saudi-arabia

I see a pattern. Interesting times.

Arabs that wish to see the rise (inevitable eventually) of the Arab world need to support or at least be neutral when it comes to the KSA-Egypt-UAE "axis" and other Arab allies. We see what certain phantasts in the region and their supporters are up for. We need to cut off their dreams once again anywhere in the Arab world.

You know, I lived in what used to be Zaire, prior to it becoming the Democratic Republic of Congo for two years. The president then was the infamous Mobuto and I'll never forget every night when the news would come on and my parents and I would gather to watch it, they would have a very long intro addressed at paying homage to the president and they would start by calling him "His highness, his greatness, the father of the country, the this and the that his excellency" then they would say his entire name....ready.......

Mobutu Sese Seko Kuku Ngbendu Wa Za Banga and I would just break down in laughter I thought it was the greatest thing lol.

330px-Mobutu.jpg

Prior to that we were in Burundi, tiny county east of Zaire and south of Rwanda, we were also there for a couple of years but Zaire I remember very well because it was during the great battle between Mohamed Ali and George Foreman (Rumble in the Jungle) and the country was flipped upside down in excitement to that event. Being in those countries were some of the best times that I enjoyed very much. Unparalleled beauty and wonderful people.

You know, I lived in what used to be Zaire, prior to it becoming the Democratic Republic of Congo for two years. The president then was the infamous Mobuto and I'll never forget every night when the news would come on and my parents and I would gather to watch it, they would have a very long intro addressed at paying homage to the president and they would start by calling him "His highness, his greatness, the father of the country, the this and the that his excellency" then they would say his entire name....ready.......

Mobutu Sese Seko Kuku Ngbendu Wa Za Banga and I would just break down in laughter I thought it was the greatest thing lol.

330px-Mobutu.jpg

Prior to that we were in Burundi, tiny county east of Zaire and south of Rwanda, we were also there for a couple of years but Zaire I remember very well because it was during the great battle between Mohamed Ali and George Foreman (Rumble in the Jungle) and the country was flipped upside down in excitement to that event. Being in those countries were some of the best times that I enjoyed very much. Unparalleled beauty and wonderful people.

What a story bro! I would never imagine you living in such countries. The world is small after all.

My familiarity with Sub-Saharan Africa is limited to once visiting Kenya and Tanzania. Did you know the close relations between Arabia (Oman in particular) and East Africa as a whole? In particular the Swahili (Arabic word as you know) coast. That there are still Arab minorities in those countries? I would love to visit more Sub-Saharan African countries one day. In general I have always believed in the need for closer Arab-African relations due to numerous reasons but mostly based on economic and geopolitical gains and the potential of such a cooperation down the road. There is also the historical aspect here (mostly trade but not only).

Wa Za Banga.:lol: What a name.

Imagine doing the same with the late Ibn Saud?

Abdulaziz ibn Abdul Rahman ibn Faisal ibn Turki ibn Abdullah ibn Muhammad Al Saud

As for insane African dictators (we had a few in the Arab world as well) none of ours come close to some of the African lot. Mobuto as you mentioned and the infamous Idi Amin that strangely enough ended his days in exile in, you guessed it right, KSA (Jeddah) of all countries! He lived a very anonymous life in a Jeddah apartment (after an initial stay in a hotel) until his death 2 decades later. Why that was even the case I have no idea about (KSA gained nothing from this) but supposedly it was to keep Idi Amin out of power and a deal was struck somehow. Anyway Idi Amin was almost instantly recognized always whenever he ventured out due to his sheer size alone. That man was a giant in those days from what I am told.

Just like I have no clue why we host the likes of Ben Ali. Granted, KSA (Hijaz in particular) has a long history of hosting Muslim figures whether it be the Senussis (Libyan royal family and of Hijazi origin), Imam Shamil (Caucasian freedom fighter), Amir Abd al-Qadir ibn Muhyiddin al-Hasani (Algerian national hero and of Hijazi origin) and many others but some decisions I will never understand.

I can imagine. It must have been a totally different world. You know, I have been doing a bit of boxing (always liked to stay fit) for quite a few years and it is a sport that I like (not following it as closely as once) but of course that boxing match is a classic. If not THE classic.

Always like George Foreman for some reason while Muhammad Ali needs no introduction.

BTW speaking about Sub-Saharan Africa, I have always had a special affinity for the likes of Djibouti, Eritrea and Ethiopia. Of course mostly the Habesha (Southern Semitic speakers) who are by large very fine looking women.:D

So happy that KSA, UAE and Egypt are all increasing their presence on the Horn!

Always good to have a presence in the wider neighborhood.

Last edited by a moderator:
Abdulaziz ibn Abdul Rahman ibn Faisal ibn Turki ibn Abdullah ibn Muhammad Al Saud

Great post lol. We could go with the best of them when it comes to names!
The Saudi do these things even when they get nothing in return because they practice their iman in the true sense. The exemplary action of helping those who need help and never asking for anything in return. Funny how that's always conveniently ignored, ey?

Great post lol. We could go with the best of them when it comes to names!
The Saudi do these things even when they get nothing in return because they practice their iman in the true sense. The exemplary action of helping those who need help and never asking for anything in return. Funny how that's always conveniently ignored, ey?

KSA has hosted a lot of people that I am proud of us having hosted but those two (Idi Amin and Ben Ali) I would have liked for them to stay in their own countries. KSA let alone the people have nothing to do with either. At least they are/were removed to irrelevancy and lived largely detached from the society.

Anyway I predict KSA and Egypt (maybe even UAE) to be active in Sahel and Eastern Africa next. Watch this space bro.

Just like I said today, it's time for us to start acting like wolves or risk being devoured by ones. And it seems that some of our southern neighbors need to get this message loud and clear "you mess with our Nile, we might just mess with your very existence as a country".

Time to awaken the pharaoh, there's work to be done.

122842236.jpg

I still don't understand....what's the dispute between Egypt and Sudan.

I still don't understand....what's the dispute between Egypt and Sudan.
There are several reasons actually, for starters the cretin MB scum has a great influence in the Sudanese regime led by Omar Al-Bashir, so obviously they didn't like their fellow Egyptian MBs getting the military boot up their a$$.

Therefore, the guy who just lost more than a third of his country's landmass and more are on the way keeps whining about Halayeb that has less area than New Jersey. Recently Sudan withdrew it's ambassador in Egypt and decided to take Ethiopia's side on the Nile issue. But the last straw was when he decided to give a Red Sea island as a gift to his MB friend Erdogan to establish a military base, threatening Egypt directly. He brought this upon himself honestly.

There are several reasons actually, for starters the cretin MB scum has a great influence in the Sudanese regime led by Omar Al-Bashir, so obviously they didn't like their fellow Egyptian MBs getting the military boot up their a$$.

Therefore, the guy who just lost more than a third of his country's landmass and more are on the way keeps whining about Halayeb that has less area than New Jersey. Recently Sudan withdrew it's ambassador in Egypt and decided to take Ethiopia's side on the Nile issue. But the last straw was when he decided to give a Red Sea island as a gift to his MB friend Erdogan to establish a military base, threatening Egypt directly. He brought this upon himself honestly.

Why should we ask first egypt and then open a base? If Sudan make a DAM they will make it and in the end you will do nothing. Don't blame Turkey for that:-).

But the last straw was when he decided to give a Red Sea island as a gift to his MB friend Erdogan to establish a military base,
There will be no military base.... :rolleyes:

TIKA will just renovate old Ottoman buildings.

But, thanks. Now, i get a hang of the picture.

There will be no military base.... :rolleyes:

TIKA will just renovate old Ottoman buildings.

But, thanks. Now, i get a hang of the picture.

I know that the premise of Turkey's involvement in Suakin is stated as economic and along the lines of rebuilding the island, but you and I and everyone else knows that the powers at hand are a lot more cautious about these types of things and don't just assume that is the case, especially considering talks of a Turkish naval base in a country that is currently at odds with Egypt and the tensions and the camps that are being defined right in front of our eyes as we speak.

It's also really too bad that there is this kind of tension between Turkey and Egypt. This is one of the very few positive things that we can acknowledge about the Mubarak era, was that at least the ties between the two countries were luke warm at best, but nowhere near what they are ATM or since Sisi's reign. But to simplify things, you really have to understand that with a government that is quite anti-Muslim Brotherhood and with a larger portion of a huge population that didn't want anything to do with a MB president (even though he was elected fair and square and we can get into the politics of a failed democratic process that had such huge potential only to see an amazing revolution squandered by that election), a predominantly Islamist government in Egypt was definitely not in the country's interest. This would not have been like the Erdogan presidency where you have an Islamist leadership yet it's tolerant of a relatively secular population which is front and center by a large part. In Egypt, there would have been serious consequences to the large divide between the fanatically Islamist MB section of the population and what we simply call the over-whelming majority of "moderate" Muslims in Egypt. The dynamics are MUCH MUCH different in Egypt when it comes to the MB than it is in Turkey. The MB was born in Egypt, and in a sense, you can even go as far as to say that it's center is in Egypt.

And let's be honest, a less harder stance from Erdogan and Turkey towards Sisi (which was precipitated by Erdogan and Sisi only reacted to it) would've been much better for both parties. Instead, it's created this tension that is actually very dangerous. It's really too bad.

Your pharaoh is look at the wrong direction... I think:)
Don't you think so ? @Gomig-21

That direction is much more interesting than the other way, lol. Plus ATM, Sinai, the Red Sea and our Suez Canal all the way down to the Gulf of Aqaba and the situation with the Halayeb triangle is all at the center of this present situation, not to mention the GERD in Ethiopia.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom