What's new

U.S. approves sale of 4,569 MRAP vehicles to the UAE at a cost of $556 million

Used? You mean the those which are being used in Afghanistan by NATO?
I dont know where exactly they were used, could be Iraq, can't say, but they are "Excess Defence Articles" meaning used.

What happened to the uae produced ones? All hoo haa
Good Price + immediate availability = Immediate capability, something we need to address ASAP.

Used? You mean the those which are being used in Afghanistan by NATO?
Retired MRAP not necessarily they are fully functional and equipped.This excess equipment may be offered at reduced or no cost to eligible foreign recipients on an “as is, where is” basis in support of U.S. national security and foreign policy objectives.

I think UAE situation is 1000 times better than ours, and we are still purchasing equipment

You obviously do not know the micro and macro economic situation of the UAE otherwise you would not have put an ignorant comment like this.

It doesnt have to make sense because the UAE has no choice.
This is simply the price the US charges to keep Dictator Zayed in power.

@BLA
I dont know where exactly they were used, could be Iraq, can't say, but they are "Excess Defence Articles" meaning used.

Good Price + immediate availability = Immediate capability, something we need to address ASAP.
this was discussed years ago bit went into cold i guess 2014 was it
but anyway its good purchase for uae
i wish we can get our hands on most of there strike elements
like artillery and m270 which were offered before bit political situation in america was very hostile

That is a huge amount considering the tiny size of the UAE's armed forces. I guess some will be sent over to allied Gulf states?
Are you surprised over the purchasing power of UAE or worried that it's a waste of money?

Pakistan need these too.

Hopefully Imran Khan will read your comments.

That is a huge amount considering the tiny size of the UAE's armed forces. I guess some will be sent over to allied Gulf states?

These are used in Libya. UAE used to use these in Yemen when UAE was fighting there against Houthis.

This purchase makes you question their own "defence industry". UAE has for years bragged about their locally assembled MRAPs. What happened to them, are they not of adequate quality?

Why miss this opportunity even if they are kept as reserve MRAP vehicles..

Many questions and concerns over defensive equipment purchased by UAE.
How questions are posed, appears more as disappointments over UAE's preparation to encounter IED attacks.

Back
Top Bottom