What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my view the objective of this conflict is to overthrow Putin and install a puppet government in Russia. Someone like Yeltzin. A side benefit is that Germany and Europe come under Anglo-Zionist control, which has already happened.

If Putin is overthrown I will accept that Russia lost. If he survives but Russia is isolated and its economy collapses then Russia would still have lost.

If Putin survives and Russia doesn’t collapse then the Russians would have won. They can, and probably will, make a lot of trouble for the West and the unipolar world would have ended.

Time will tell what will happen.
Thanks for your opinion. I think something in the middle. The end effect would be Russia rotting into a grey zone between China nad Europe. Something like a European-Chinese Condominium, The guys in Russia are just too emotional, not calculating, not looking on the numbers.

I'm still amazed at how so few people show up to Russian army's "delivery of humanitarian aid",while their soldiers have resorted to looting to feed themselves.

The Russians had to use the roads because offroad mechanised infantry would be stuck in Ukranian mud plains... Unfortunately, the Russians didn't anticipate that every Ukrainian will be armed with a shoulder mounted MANPAD and rocket launchers and their assault will turn into the highway of death....

As a Russian strategists, you need to carpet bomb all convoy approach areas just ahead of the mechanized decision.... For that you need air superiority and close air support.

Reach city centres and use artillery and turn rubble before entering.

War is bloody. You cannot do it in a clean manner if the West has armed the local population to the teeth.

Iraq was different... The population was not armed so the Americas could afford to do the shock and awe with precision weapons on TV and then roll in.

For general knowledge:

From well-respected Iraqi General Raad Hamdani:

"The battle of Nasiriya, and the many [American] deaths and prisoners in the hands of militias -- The morale were very high; you can't imagine how high it was. There was an increasing positive attitude during the battles of Basra, Nasiriya, and Umm Qasr. I was tracing news through my own satellite receiver in my quarters, and I saw how the forces took the western side of Euphrates to avoid city battles. It's well known that when you have air cover, you can move freely and safely, beyond the reach of weapons situated in cities. Therefore, Nasiriya battle created a lot of optimism in our forces.

[But my personal view was] that we should take maximum precautions to face the enemy. Others took this lightly, saying "Why should we worry if this is the behavior of the attacking forces? They didn't show high competence." …

I was optimistic that the war will last for two months. If we passed those two months, the results would be reasonable for a simple army like ours against the biggest army in the world, attacking with these capabilities. So I was hoping that we could pass two months, and even if we lose, it would be an honorable stand."

From well-respected Iraqi General Raad Hamdani:

"In Usfiyah area. I convened a meeting of the leading officers in the army, along with the army's chief of staff. We reassessed the situation on the new facts that we have only two divisions, and the enemy is advancing on three axes. But the Republican Guard chief of staff conveyed orders from high command to launch an attack immediately, with available force. We carried out this order. Units from the Medina Al-Monawara Division launched an attack, the 10th Armored Brigade and special forces, and the 22nd Armored Brigade from Nabukhath Nassar Division. I tried also to deploy all artillery units available.

It was a terrible night, because the crossing of the Americans on the Euphrates were speeding up the advancement of the enemy to its strategic goal, which is Baghdad.

The advancement of our troops -- and this is my sixth war during my service -- was truly remarkable. They had high spirits and a strong will to fight, in spite of all dangers ahead. I used to tell them that the honor of Iraq and the fate of Baghdad depended on this battle.

I joined the front lines in battle. … I was advancing along with the commander of the Medina Al-Monawara Division, with special forces 3rd Brigade on three axes. On two axes, armored troops were advancing based on the 10th Armored Brigade. On the other axis, special forces were advancing, and I was in the middle.

A fierce battle took place. The enemy used enormous firepower. It looked like napalm. Rocket launchers would fire groups of rockets, about 12 rockets each, that would explode in the air, burning whatever it faces on its way with its flames. The battle continued during April 3 and April 4. The enemy was advancing on two axes. One axis was on the area of Qasr through the bridge heading to Usfiyah, the other one from the bridge heading to Radwaniyah. Another action was from the bridge to the south, heading to the military industrial area.

The battle that took place didn't look even like action movies, because events were so fast. I didn't have a single tank intact; it was either damaged or destroyed. I didn't have a single vehicle left. The battle reached a point where the army commander was fighting with a machine gun. The groups of command and communications were completely destroyed. The soldiers and officers were fighting as a personal effort. The spirit of sacrifice and martyrdom was an honor to our army and all Iraqis and Arabs.

From the dawn of April 3 until sunset, the Air Force destroyed anything that moved. Then the Americans broke through fiercely, as if it was programmed. Anything that moved was hit by tanks, armored vehicles, Apaches, and jet fighters, whether it was civilian or military, Republican Guard or not.

I tried to get back to my headquarters to gather troops, because even my mobile phone was out of order, because our communication group was hit, and all of its members were martyred. There were no leading figures; everybody was fighting. I asked the security personnel of the Medina division to bring me a vehicle, and they did -- a vehicle driven by a major. I got in. He was a poor driver, so I left the vehicle, and returned to my headquarters, going along with the American convoy advancing to Usfiyah.

The amount of fire and destruction was beyond description. The tragedy witnessed by civilians was horrible. Women, children, civilian cars were burned. It was chaos. I entered with American front lines, and my vehicle was hit every moment. There was no windows left in it, and the tires were hit. Lieutenant Hadir, that hero, was martyred in it. At one point, we were driving on the metal wheels. I saw one of the crew bringing me another vehicle. I changed cars, and went to my headquarters.

We had a quick meeting. There were three officers, along with the party official of the army, and the security group. At this moment, I issued many orders to move the units, to withdraw the 2nd Armored breakthrough to Baghdad that had happened.

It was only minutes before the American tanks and vehicles were storming into the headquarters. An engagement was on inside the headquarters. Half of security forces were martyred. An Abrams tank was under my room window. I noticed it from the look on the faces of the officers, pointing to the tank. So the party official said, "Sir, there is no room here for bravery or manhood. We should leave this place." I replied, "I'm already dead. The enemy tanks breached us. They are on their way to Baghdad, and there is no meaning left for life."

The enemy stormed into the headquarters. The fighting was on from room to room, street to street. We were almost surrounded. We were fighting with machine guns, towards the houses of this small area, which was countryside. At this place and in this moment, I felt I was making a wrong decision of killing the rest of those officers. So I permitted them to rescue themselves in any way and any direction. As for me, I felt as the captain of this ship, I should sink with it. They all left the place."

US-led forces encountered resistance in other locations as well.

Wikipedia documents losses of Iraqi army in these battles but not Iraqi Fedayeen (volunteers). For perspective, over 2000 Fedayeen lost their lives in just Nasiriyah.

You read that? NATO only. So Finland and Sweden are not NATO, countries that Russia has threaten as well.

Well, I am assuming you are referring to the Brovary Ambush. Yeah, that was really bad......I mean, if they are trained with armor assault or any type of training like that, they should know they should not run Armor up the MSR like that in tight column and without infantry support.

First of all, I would avoid running my tank on MSR at all, you would not see me doing that unless there are no other way of approach (And even if you don't have other way of approach, you can make one, I means that's what that 125mm gun is for) Then if I have to travel on any MSR in my tank, I would travel in a single file, that way if your lead tank is hit and disabled, you can just drove around it. And I most certainly would have dismounted infantry support my tank when I traverse thru an MSR.

That video, I don't know what's that. Honestly, I would expect the Ukrainian to do that, not the Russian.

Also, this is day 15, and Russia lost 2 other General, now it's up to 3 or 4 (I lost count, really) and the majority of the fight have not started yet, they have not attack Odessa, they have not attacked Kyiv and they have not attacked Dnipro yet, I mean, you are losing 3 or 4 general, about half a dozen Lt Col or Colonel and god knows how many soldier killed and captured for simply GETTING INTO POSITION OF ATTACK. You can already see how many Russia will lose during the main event.

You think getting into Kyiv is tough? I am pretty sure the Ukrainian would make every Russian bleed if they try to fight street to street. I honestly see the only way Russia can do that is with Chemical Weapon. Even then, this is not Aleppo, they are not fighting a rebel army or ISIS, Ukrainian have Civil Defence Training and proper MOPP equipment, I am not going to see any change other than the wholesale massacre of civilian, which in turn only further inflame the Ukrainian...
Not to mention more abandoned vehicles that the Ukrainians are being better equipped than what they lost, not to mention more anti tank weapons as well as body armor, helmets, small arms, etc. being flowing in from its neighbors. I can see why Russia is urging Belarus to help invade possibly Western Ukraine.

You read that? NATO only. So Finland and Sweden are not NATO, countries that Russia has threaten as well.

Not to mention more abandoned vehicles that the Ukrainians are being better equipped than what they lost, not to mention more anti tank weapons as well as body armor, helmets, small arms, etc. being flowing in from its neighbors. I can see why Russia is urging Belarus to help invade possibly Western Ukraine.
Yeah, probably Finland and Sweden are going to join the Nato soon, when situation calms a bit.

The war is still quite far from decisive.

Coming few days. Yes. Right now. No

The war still hasn't reached 30 day mark.
Strategictly Russia already lost on 27.02.2022, when this happended:

Russian army is too regular and Classic. They cannot Manage Urban warfare. The only way left for them is bombing the hell out of Ukrainian cities. USA successfuly turned it into a trap for Russians.

Moreover Russian army wasn't good at AI/autonomous warfare.

Still they hold a considerable portion of Ukrainian territories. So they can encircle Kiev.
Don't believe that crap they hold considerable amount of territory. Just cause you drive fast on the road everything from left and right of you 50km away is now under your control. If you were in one of the supply convoys, you be scared to death driving along the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom