What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Russia continues to carry out one of the largest military buildups in its history on the Ukrainian border.

On the other hand, USA is bringing two warships to the Black Sea. The necessary notification was made to the Turkish side. (Non Black Sea states have to notify 15 days before passing) 2 US warships will enter the Black Sea remain there until May 4
image_750x_60703275c525c.jpg

This step of the USA will make the situation even more tense.

@T-SaGe my only question is, why would Russia do this military build up? they have Crimea right whats the issue now ?

@T-SaGe my only question is, why would Russia do this military build up? they have Crimea right whats the issue now ?
I know you're not asking me, but I wanna answer anyway...so I'm gonna.

My guess is a distraction from Navalny. Its not a secret that Navalny is the greatest internal threat to Putin's rule, and even while in prison, he's still managing to put a lot of pressure on Putin.

Putin wants to kill Navalny, whether that be his physical body, or his influence, it doesn't matter, so long as Navalny becomes irrelevant.

Ukrainians are really going to need help. Theirs just no way they can compete on conventional land warfare with Russia. Russia is greater in every metric one can think of and no natural land barriers or obstacles they can use to bleed them down.

Ukraine never want to fight Russia in open battle no way

even if they had all the equipment in the World the Ukraines just won't

they could have fought hard for Crimea but they just gave up, I remember seeing a entire garrison was loaded to the teeth during first Crimean war and the Ukrainian solders just surrendered even although they could have made a run for it they just gave up

I think most Ukraine will do is go under conventional few "freedom fighters" and send in mercenaries thats about it

something about Ukraine, I think they simply fear Russia to much

I just hope Turkey is not pulled into yet another war

Ukraine has never claimed sovereignty over Russian territory. The problem is that Russia sees the land of many states as its own. Russian State officials openly state that these lands are a gift from Russia and imply that they will take them back under the necessary conditions.

So, there are some possibilities. First of all, Ukraine's stay away from NATO and accepting the de-facto situation in Donbas. Also expected to accepting the occupation of Crimea. But, Considering the size of Russia's current preparation, There is concern that a offensive is planned to connect Crimea and Donbas theatres and even up to Odessa. Indeed, it is unlikely that Ukraine will stop it alone.

However, if you look at the entire map of the Black Sea, the situation is actually more complex. The territory of 3 countries is occupied by Russia.

edit: I will talk about the strategic importance of Odessa later. Such a move is a possibility that will cause NATO to be out of the game in the black sea and produce large enough consequences to reveal the New Russian hegemony. Russia is already holding all the cornerstones it needs in the Black Sea. What it needs is to combine them with the right timing.

Last edited:
Ukraine never want to fight Russia in open battle no way

even if they had all the equipment in the World the Ukraines just won't

they could have fought hard for Crimea but they just gave up, I remember seeing a entire garrison was loaded to the teeth during first Crimean war and the Ukrainian solders just surrendered even although they could have made a run for it they just gave up

I think most Ukraine will do is go under conventional few "freedom fighters" and send in mercenaries thats about it

something about Ukraine, I think they simply fear Russia to much

I just hope Turkey is not pulled into yet another war

I think they were so taken by surprise in Crimea they gave it up because they weren't prepared to escalate.

I don't know my good friend, Ukrainian build up of heavy equipment seems to me they want to make a go for Donbass and Luhansk, and this is Russia's response to it as deterrence. I guess it's up to Ukraine now to either back down from full force and continue the small clashes (status quo) or go for it.

Ukraine has never claimed sovereignty over Russian territory. The problem is that Russia sees the land of many states as its own. Russian State officials openly state that these lands are a gift from Russia and imply that they will take them back under the necessary conditions.

So, there are some possibilities. First of all, Ukraine's stay away from NATO and accepting the de-facto situation in Donbas. Also expected to accepting the occupation of Crimea. But, Considering the size of Russia's current preparation, There is concern that a offensive is planned to connect Crimea and Donbas theatres and even up to Odessa. Indeed, it is unlikely that Ukraine will stop it alone.

However, if you look at the entire map of the Black Sea, the situation is actually more complex. The territory of 3 countries is occupied by Russia.

edit: I will talk about the strategic importance of Odessa later. Such a move is a possibility that will cause NATO to be out of the game in the black sea and produce large enough consequences to reveal the New Russian hegemony. Russia is already holding all the cornerstones it needs in the Black Sea. What it needs is to combine them with the right timing.

What would be Turkeys interest in this conflict, I've seen a number of Turkish users mentioning that Turkey could get involved in this. I was curious to see the Turkish perspective and what would the connection be.

What would be Turkeys interest in this conflict, I've seen a number of Turkish users mentioning that Turkey could get involved in this. I was curious to see the Turkish perspective and what would the connection be.

For Turkey, both Russia and Ukraine are two indispensable partners. At the expense of developing Turkish-Russian relations, TR had to struggle with the entire atlanticist structure in the last 6-8 years. It has been the subject of numerous sanctions and embargoes. Geopolitics in a wide geography, especially in the Eastern Mediterranean-Levant Axis, has been affected by this developments.

Considering the price still TR has been paying for, to think they would turn their back on Russia, it is really nothing more than ignorance on the subject or lack of awareness about recent regional politics.

However, it is a fact that Turkey is one of the direct addressees of this crisis under all circumstances. Because Armistice of Mudros is the only serious mechanism that keeps the Black Sea away from the influence of foreign countries and is the guarantee of peace in the region. In addition, the Russian and Turkish navies have developed many auxiliary mechanisms in order to support peace in BlackSea recent years, especially BlackSeaFor.

There are two worst-case scenario for Turkey. The first of these, the worst possibility, is a direct confrontation between NATO and Russia. The second possibility is that NATO will leave Ukraine completely alone. In this case, Russia will have the opportunity to build a continuous belt from Sukhum (Abazia) to Tiraspol (Transnistria). This could disrupt the balance in the Black Sea in favor of Russia. This is another issue which is important in terms of the national interests of Turkey and have hundreds of years of history. (This possibility will also negate NATO's Polish and Romanian structurings, but I don't think the Turkish state considers this as a priority issue.)

Last edited:
Russia started to move the landing ships from the Caspian fleet to the Black Sea. Troops in Transnistria are also taken orders for a high level of readiness.
EyersDPWQAI3G-t

Russia is occupied Moldova, Georgia and Ukraine. It made unilateral state announcements in these countries' territories. Other than that, They demand land from many states, including Kazakhstan. They even express this directly. It directly annexes Crimea, contrary to all international agreements. Now it planning to physically unite Transnistria, Crimea and Donbas, which means that Ukraine will be a landlocked state.

EyepcqFXAAMvp_g

However, for some friends here, Russia has no fault. Are the only culprits are that want to start a war between Ukraine and Russia... How simple it looks from a distance... Some of us thinking that easily resolve who is right and who is wrong. Unfortunately, the political strata and interest struggles in the region are not as flat as you might think.

Ukraine wants its land back and is absolutely not capable of fighting Russia. The Russian army also has the most advanced air defense facilities in the world, as a tradition of a powerful land army. They have the largest mercenary organization in the world. We are talking about a structure with maximum military capabilities in both paramilitary and conventional terms.

Even its own lands, Ukraine cannot stand against Russia militarily. Because while protecting the country's lands, it also needs to be protected more strongly in the international arena. The 2014 experience, led by Germany and France, was a complete flop. The situation is much more critical now and they are the main subject of Russia's land-expanding policies. Therefore, it has to defend its territory by entering into bloc politics. Because Russia, as an occupying country, is also a member of the UNSC. Ukraine naturally considers allying with them Whoever supports Ukraine in this matter. There are many examples of this in history. Both in Pakistani and Turkish history.

TL, DR; If Ukraine is left alone, Russia will have found the political ground to start its borders from Moldova.
Don't mind some users here. They are so drunk on the anti western imperialism drink that they fail to see any other non western power aggressiveness or more like they refuse to see this. Lol. I would have liked their country to be neighbours with Russia for them to understand how aggressive and expansionist Moscow can be 🤣. I will ask them why they think Russia is the largest country by far on earth today? Do they think Russia achieved that by being a peaceful non aggressive country ?🤣🤣. Some people here are so delusional.
They only have to check Russia's history to understand that Russia is anything but non aggressive. They have carved out, taken and annexed lands from so many country from China to Iran, to Turkey to Ukraine to Finland to balkan states etc etc. People on here don't understand Russia properly. This is a country that has been as aggressive and expansionist as many western powers. If not we should ask them what Russia was doing invading Afghanistan in the 80s as well and threatening to turn Pakistan communist and spreading its influence in the region.
The only reason Russia has tempered out it's expansionism is because they don't have the same means they had during the Soviet days. If they had the means like the US does today they would be all over the place and be present in even more countries. It's a problem of capabilities for them today not will. Lol

Yuriy Misyagin, Deputy Chairman of the Ukrainian Defense and Intelligence Committee, declared that Bayraktar TB-2s carried out the first observation flight over the Donbass, and a large number of systems belonging to the Russian elements have been identified such PantsirS, S-125, TOR, tanks and howitzers.

Russian army is on the territory of Ukraine. There is no doubt about that. Not only in Crimea, but also in Donbas. As if it weren't enough, the biggest military buildup east of Ukraine borders in recent years is being made.

Turkish, Ukrainian presidents meet in Istanbul
EyoaAAnXAAIOMdW

erdoganzelen.jpg

RTE reaffirmed Turkey's principled stance of not recognizing the annexation of Crimea.

Earlier, a meeting between Erdogan and Zelensky at the Huber Mansion started at 3:45 p.m. local time (1245GMT) and lasted for three hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom