What's new

Russia-Ukraine War - News and Developments PART 2

The Russian had already spend the best troop in this war, they are VDV and 1st Guard Tank Army. And to some extend, Wagner. The first two now only exist on paper and the last, well, they are recruiting convicts, how good can they be??

These troop in Kherson is regular mixed with mobilised troop, they are probably just regular army that look good on paper to deter Ukrainian advance. Those troop would have make up the number, if they can completely withdraw with their equipment, otherwise they are just going to be canon fodder to be used in the East. They may do the same thing they were doign in Kherson in Svatove or Starbolisk or even Bakhmut if Putin is that cruel, but they won't be able to withstand much.

Never Expect much from the russian. Their entire military now seems mostly consisted of mobiks/canon fodders. Their best isn't exactly a ringing endorsement.

Right now a lot of their troops are stuck on the right bank. Ukraine should focus first on wiping them out 1st.

Crossing thru Kherson is almost impossible now, even with engineer bridge, you will meet with sporadic artillery fire from the Eastern Side, HIMARS cannot completely suppress the Russian gun. And then you can only cross the river from there in a small amount of troop and almost no heavies. Which would make Ukrainian a sitting duck when they cross.

If I have to cross the river to the Eastern Bank, I will try a fighting fjord over the dam upstream, I can cross with more troop and more heavy equipment, that way I will have a chance with artillery and HIMARS cover. But that is still too risky.

I would choose a less risk approach, I know I will have to fight in Orikhiv but then I know I am numerical superior and have higher morale than the Russian. That give me the best opportunities. Because the other 2 are sort of a gamble. But then I don't know what the Ukrainian will do.
Ok. Is there any shallow place along the Knipro that Ukraine infantry can cross? Momentum is everything. Letting the Russians too much time to rest and they will build fortifications and resume attacking.
The Kherson Russian army is the most powerful one. Annihilate them would mean the war is almost over.
The Wagner hooligans, the chechens will run home if the Russia army is dead.

Ok. Is there any shallow place along the Knipro that Ukraine infantry can cross? Momentum is everything. Letting the Russians too much time to rest and they will build fortifications and resume attacking.
The Kherson Russian army is the most powerful one. Annihilate them would mean the war is almost over.
The Wagner hooligans, the chechens will run home if the Russia army is dead.
There is just no way to cross. It would be like D-Day. Amphibious assault is the very last thing that will be chosen by Ukrainians. not gonna happen.

Russians need lots of vodka now to forget this failure. Ukrainians definitely proved that russians are nothing but coldwar army in modern world. Had to admit I was so wrong. Ukraine deserves to not stop and take crimea back .

The "mindgames" theory seem to be getting more backing now.

Russians had significantly fewer troops than was believed.

Russian brigades in Kherson were 1/3 to 1/2 of real on paper strength.

At most they had 20,000 at peak, and they were intentionally inflating digits on radio chatter.

This morning they got confirmation from locals, it was closer to few thousands who ran across the pontoon, but nowhere near the reported 10k.
20,000 men would equal 4 brigades? Still a big fighting force. Understandable Putin wants to rescue them. In contrast the 320,000 mobis are not good. Only good as weaklings and cowards.
From the reports, most new mobis hardly survived a week or two.

There is just no way to cross. It would be like D-Day. Amphibious assault is the very last thing that will be chosen by Ukrainians. not gonna happen.
D-Day style invasion. Imply the Russian have the equivalence of Antantikwall. The left bank of the dnipro are flat farmland and lower than the right one. Nowhere to hide for the russian from HIMARS and other artillery range. If it were up to me it's better to wait and see.

The Russians have already started digging trenches in Crimea. That shows you how well they think defending the south will go.
Is it layers of trenches, some in the four regions Russia claims and Crimea or just Crimea?

Apparently Ukrainians are brave enough as Russia is retreating despite being a nuclear state.

It's play with fire. Someday Russia could use a nuke against them

My remark was something simple: Complicated military strategies are useless against nukes if you dont have nukes.

I dont understand people who lost time thinking how would be a Russia conquest of West Europe non-nuclear states.

Just they drop several nukes and they win, that's all. Unconditional surrender.

I've never understood those ellaborate military strategies of conquere if you have nukes.

It's the simplest thing to cause more pain than a state can possibly endure.

nuclear-bomb-explosion-u71b251wgftmlgpb.gif

Last edited:
I dont understand people who lost time thinking how would be a Russia conquest of West Europe non-nuclear states.

Just they drop several nukes and they win, that's all. Unconditional surrender.

I never understood those ellaborate military strategies of conquere if you have nukes.
Russians are really nice people, they wouldn't do that. So no need to even worry about it.

20,000 men would equal 4 brigades? Still a big fighting force. Understandable Putin wants to rescue them. In contrast the 320,000 mobis are not good. Only good as weaklings and cowards.
From the reports, most new mobis hardly survived a week or two.

The actual number of regulars likely been 10,000 - 12,000, if their brigades were half strength, with the rest being irregulars like FSB, national guard, military police etc + few thousands of volunteers/mobiks who got there just few weeks prior.

I will give it to Russians for them fooling UA, and Western intel about their numbers in the regions to the end.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom