What's new

Punching Above its Weight; U.S. Congressional Report’s Comparison of China’s J-10 Light Fighter to Elite F-15 Heavy Platform

If anyone wants to challenge my narrative, try find a more authoritative source than the official PLA military channel.

In the segment which starts at 4:19 which introduces the PLANAF unit operating both Su-30MK2 and J-10H, pilots of the division directly stated that they are mixing J-10 and Su-30 because while J-10 has the advantage in BVR and the flankers have the edge in a knife fight. This is because all flankers imported by China, other than the Su-35, still rely on the N001 series of twist-cassegrain radars that are markedly inferior to slotted array radars, even one carried by a medium fighter like the J-10. F-15s do not have this problem and a significant number of them in USAF have switched to AESA from slotted array.

This doesn’t even account for the disparities in missile load. In Golden Helmet exercises, J-11B routinely holds an advantage over the J-10 because they have superior endurance due to greater fuel capacity, greater missile load, and superior ECM suite. Do you seriously think that the latest block Eagles can’t do better?

I’m not saying this to disparage the J-10 series. I’m a big fan of the CAC and Chinese aviation and my avatar was in fact a J-10B in yellow primer before the J-20 came out. However, I’m sick and tired of people making exaggerated Jai-Hind style claims about what it can or cannot do.

Rant over.
Well Rafale is comparable to F15. And people have been saying J10C will be inducted by PAF to counter indian Rafale. That means J10C brings nothing to compete against Rafale and would be completely outclassed. That means it’s a bad acquisition being made…

Well Rafale is comparable to F15. And people have been saying J10C will be inducted by PAF to counter indian Rafale. That means J10C brings nothing to compete against Rafale and would be completely outclassed. That means it’s a bad acquisition been made…

The Rafale is also a medium weight class fighter. Are you sure that it is a significant challenge for the Eagle? Other than superior weapons load, capability to use Meteor (which has its own can of worms in terms of terminal maneuverability) and perhaps better ECM I don't see it bringing more to the table than the J-10C. That said, I am not a Rafale expert. Do correct me if I am wrong.

The US government report means that money is talking.

The J10C only made its first flight in 2015. So J10 in the 2014 report should be J10A. The F15C radar in Japan is at the same level as the J10A radar. Of course, the F15C radars were made in 1990 and the J10A radars were made in 1999.

So, the US thinks it should upgrade the F15C's radar to neutralize the J10A. In 2015, Raytheon was awarded a new contract to upgrade AESA for the F15C,F15E.
The U.S. Military's 46 F-15 fighter jets will receive a radar upgrade contract worth more than $280 million

But the AESA-equipped J10C went into mass production that same year.

How J1 more stealthier than F35 does it have plan form alignments (shaping), THE ANSWER IS BIG FAT NO, J10 carries underslung weapons its increases RCS significantly, J10 have vertical tail, to reduce RCS significantly you avoided single vertical tail (90 degree of angles), and top speed is nothing but acceleration that's matter in combat, same goes to altitude higher you go , you have more chance to being detected F35 is same maneuverable as F16 and F16 is one the best maneuverable and agile fighter jet, and lol why you're so stupid, F35 is the world best electronically advance jet and J 10 is nowhere near it lol

don't live in your fairy tales, live in facts and in realties

Didn't you understand the simple facts that the author of article stated.

As a result of these outstanding capabilities the J-10C, the most recent and sophisticated variant of the fighter, is speculated to be the most capable single engine fighter in the world - with its rival the F-35 compensating for vastly inferior capabilities such as speed, operational altitude, firepower, sortie rate, engagement range and manoeuvrability with a lower radar cross section and stronger radar.

According to the author, indeed F-35 have lower radar cross dan stronger radar. But it have inferior speed, operational altitude, firepower, sortie rate, engagement range, and manouverbility

If you didn't like what the author stated, then do analysis on your own instead cry & rendering to personal insult to Chinese members.

And until you change your profile picture, and not using OURS in your profile picture. Then I will not engage to have discussion with you, because we are at different level 😉

Has the J10C ever flown outside China?

Participated in multinational exercise?

Have the Chinese authorities released any specs on flight performance, radar or avionics?

negative rating was for resorting to personal attack.

Yes

Yes

If you visit Zhuhai Airshow & Defence Expo, they have booth and marketing representative to explain the capability of J-10C performance

The one that using personal attack is your first reply. Be bold, don't cry & play victim in here

Didn't you understand the simple facts that the author of article stated.

As a result of these outstanding capabilities the J-10C, the most recent and sophisticated variant of the fighter, is speculated to be the most capable single engine fighter in the world - with its rival the F-35 compensating for vastly inferior capabilities such as speed, operational altitude, firepower, sortie rate, engagement range and manoeuvrability with a lower radar cross section and stronger radar.

According to the author, indeed F-35 have lower radar cross dan stronger radar. But it have inferior speed, operational altitude, firepower, sortie rate, engagement range, and manouverbility

If you didn't like what the author stated, then do analysis on your own instead cry & rendering to personal insult to Chinese members.

And until you change your profile picture, and not using OURS in your profile picture. Then I will not engage to have discussion with you, because we are at different level 😉
What do you have a technical backup of your stupid claim that J10 have specifications than F35???

If you didn't like what the author stated, then do analysis on your own...
Sure...Let us be generous and assume everything the author said is true.

I call you back to the Vietnam War. The North Vietnamese Air Force (NVAF) had the MIG-21 but not as many 21s as the US had of many other aircrafts.

The classic PAK VI mission, says Rasimus, was “always a package, 30, 40, 50 airplanes,” including a Douglas EB-66 electronic countermeasures aircraft, F-4 Phantoms to fight off MiGs, and Wild Weasels, two-seat F-105F or -G models used to counterpunch anti-aircraft defenses.
See the highlighted? In a single mission, the US can send more combat jets, such as the bomb heavy F-105, than the NVAF total inventory of MIG-21. So how did the NVAF fought the Americans? By slash-n-dash. The fewer MIGs would sneak up, throttle up, fired a few missiles at any American fighter-bomber, then ran away as fast as the engines could take them. It did not matter if the missiles hit anyone. The moment a missile is detected, everyone jettisoned their bombs and maneuvered to escape any potential hit. For that day, the Vietnamese won. No bomb landed on their side. The NVAF pilots were not interested in making 'aces', even though all combat pilots coveted that status. Their orders were to do whatever they can to prevent the Americans from dropping bombs.

So what do you think a pair of difficult-to-see-on-radar F-35s can do TO a standard finger-four J-10 formation? How about shoot them all down on the first salvo?

A famous movie character once said 'There are bad days, and then there are legendary bad days.' We will, not merely can, give the PLAAF plenty of the latter days. :enjoy:

Seems to be a exaggerated analysis in favor of China. Su-30 far more superior than F-15s :cuckoo:. Well we have utterly humiliated that so called superior Su-30s with far more inferior platforms than US F-15s in February 2019.

The author using F-15J Japanese as comparison to the J-10C.
J-10C is 2010s meanwhile F-15J Japanese is 1980s. Of course, some of the points he stated have solid basic.

But this show us, how deep Japenese air force problems. They badly need to upgrade their small aging fleet against China's much Larger & Newer Aircraft (J-10C, J-15, J-16, J-20, and soon J-21 & J-35)

Last edited:
theyre not even in the same weight class
it should only be compared to f16 rafale eft gripen etc

The Rafale is also a medium weight class fighter. Are you sure that it is a significant challenge for the Eagle? Other than superior weapons load, capability to use Meteor (which has its own can of worms in terms of terminal maneuverability) and perhaps better ECM I don't see it bringing more to the table than the J-10C. That said, I am not a Rafale expert. Do correct me if I am wrong.
only 2 thing witch are little disturbing 1 size 2 single engine...

J-10 is single engine while F-15 is double engine. They are not comparable at all. Should compare J-10 vs F-16 or J-11 vs F-15 instead

J-10 is single engine while F-15 is double engine. They are not comparable at all. Should compare J-10 vs F-16 or J-11 vs F-15 instead

J-10C can easily snipe any older model F-15 from long distance using AESA + PL-15. Only the latest F-15EX might be able to go up against J-10C.

@White and Green with M/S

YES:: I will compare following two threds,below and ask you members, the truth, not your imaginary thoughts,as thoughts are not a solid proof but just a dream like idea.

1-"Bilal., post: 13243904, member: 148470"]
Well Rafale is comparable to F15. And people have been saying J10C will be inducted by PAF to counter indian Rafale. That means J10C brings nothing to compete against Rafale and would be completely outclassed. That means it’s a bad acquisition being made…

2- thread by Daniel808-commander. """
In case of Taiwan Island Conflict Air Battle between China's Air Force Chengdu J-10C vs ROCAF F-16 Block 52, it will be an easy prey for J-10C pilots to shot down their enemy. It shows us, that Chinese Air Force (Chengdu J-10C) can easily decimated ROCAF (F-16 Block 52) very easily... The most 2 Fatal Disadvantages of ROCAF F-16 Block 52 compared to China's Air Force Chengdu J-10C are :
1. F-16 Block 52 still using Old Generation AN/APG-68 Pulse Doppler Radar compared to much more Sophisticated KLJ-10 AESA Radar from NRIET onboard Chengdu J-10C.F-16 Block 52 still using Pulse Doppler Radar meanwhile Chengdu J-10C already using more sophisticated AESA Radar Technology.
2-2. For BVR Engagements F-16 Block 52 using AIM-120D Amraam with Max Operational Range of only 160Km, meanwhile Chengdu J-10C using PL-15 BVR Missile with Max Operational Range of more than 300Km.

You must appreciate now that J-10 jet fighter is far superior to all 4.5 Gen jet fighters from east to west.

YES:: I will compare following two threds,below and ask you members, the truth, not your imaginary thoughts,as thoughts are not a solid proof but just a dream like idea.

1-"Bilal., post: 13243904, member: 148470"]

2- thread by Daniel808-commander. """
In case of Taiwan Island Conflict Air Battle between China's Air Force Chengdu J-10C vs ROCAF F-16 Block 52, it will be an easy prey for J-10C pilots to shot down their enemy. It shows us, that Chinese Air Force (Chengdu J-10C) can easily decimated ROCAF (F-16 Block 52) very easily... The most 2 Fatal Disadvantages of ROCAF F-16 Block 52 compared to China's Air Force Chengdu J-10C are :
1. F-16 Block 52 still using Old Generation AN/APG-68 Pulse Doppler Radar compared to much more Sophisticated KLJ-10 AESA Radar from NRIET onboard Chengdu J-10C.F-16 Block 52 still using Pulse Doppler Radar meanwhile Chengdu J-10C already using more sophisticated AESA Radar Technology.
2-2. For BVR Engagements F-16 Block 52 using AIM-120D Amraam with Max Operational Range of only 160Km, meanwhile Chengdu J-10C using PL-15 BVR Missile with Max Operational Range of more than 300Km.

You must appreciate now that J-10 jet fighter is far superior to all 4.5 Gen jet fighters from east to west.
J-16 is Chinas best 4.5gen fighter followed by J-11B then J-10C. J-20 is best Chinese fighter overall.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom