What's new

Pakistan has one of the oldest space programmes in Asia.

I will tell you a true story.
Few years back I used to run a large FB page with about 3 million likes. It was a pro military page, I created and ran without any involvement of ISPR (I regret and am ashamed of doing all that, after what Military did post 9 may).
But I wrote on other topics too .
I was researching SUPARCO work on Chinese Beidou navigation system.
China was asking Pakistan to build error correction stations (DGPS), throughout the country. So that position accuracy for anyone using Beidou in Pakistan, can be in centimetres not meters.

Chinese were providing both financial and technical help as Pakistan was to be a proof of concept for their navigation system. Needless to say that Pakistan was also to benefit massively by having an alternative to American GPS and having a lot more control on the system.

What I found out was shameful. Despite Chinese willing to spend money on the project and willing to send experts. On Pakistani side "Sarkari Naukri" was the problem.
The person incharge of navigation systems within SUPARCO was a lady. She had immigrated to Canada , but didn't resign. Instead went on long leave.
Because of that SUPARCO could not appoint anyone else in her place .
Result was that the whole Beidou program on Pakistani side was on hold.
Chinese waited for a fair amount of time then the project was abandoned.
If the project had been accomplished, Pakistan would have had almost own navigation system with centimetres accuracy.
So, DHA is not the only issue.
یہاں تو بگڑا ہے آوے کا آوا

Well, Pakistan Army is using BeiDou system with a BeiDou-linked Continuously Operating Reference Station (CORS).

I will tell you a true story.
Few years back I used to run a large FB page with about 3 million likes. It was a pro military page, I created and ran without any involvement of ISPR (I regret and am ashamed of doing all that, after what Military did post 9 may).
But I wrote on other topics too .
I was researching SUPARCO work on Chinese Beidou navigation system.
China was asking Pakistan to build error correction stations (DGPS), throughout the country. So that position accuracy for anyone using Beidou in Pakistan, can be in centimetres not meters.

Chinese were providing both financial and technical help as Pakistan was to be a proof of concept for their navigation system. Needless to say that Pakistan was also to benefit massively by having an alternative to American GPS and having a lot more control on the system.

What I found out was shameful. Despite Chinese willing to spend money on the project and willing to send experts. On Pakistani side "Sarkari Naukri" was the problem.
The person incharge of navigation systems within SUPARCO was a lady. She had immigrated to Canada , but didn't resign. Instead went on long leave.
Because of that SUPARCO could not appoint anyone else in her place .
Result was that the whole Beidou program on Pakistani side was on hold.
Chinese waited for a fair amount of time then the project was abandoned.
If the project had been accomplished, Pakistan would have had almost own navigation system with centimetres accuracy.
So, DHA is not the only issue.
یہاں تو بگڑا ہے آوے کا آوا
I have messaged you about something related to this post, let me know.

Neo-liberals are hypercapitalist, they advocate for laissez-faire capitalism. Classical liberals definitely aren't anti-capitalists. The moment you decide to become anti-capitalist, you firmly placed yourself on the left. Even left-leaning centrists don't hate capitalism this much.

I don't hate capitalism but I'm definitely one of those hardcore leftists. My politics is center-left. That's the best description.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom