What's new

Mukti Bahini must be given due credit for liberating Bangladesh: Gen Jacob

Indians deceived and tricked PA and then Awami subservient leadership from signing the paper to General Osmani, Mukti bahini commander.

Besides, gen jacob and indian commanders were first to start looting from Bangladesh. All PA armaments, industrial machineary, even copper wires were looted out of newly independent Bangladesh by indian troops and indians; all under watch of gen jacob and indian looting force. That indian looting habit in Bangladesh still going on today in different form - using transit, tax evasion, non payment etc.

I just love how you guys are trying to take all the credit for yourself. :lol:

Get real, it would have taken close to a year for your "Mukti Bahini" to liberate you. India did it in 14 days, be grateful. Not to mention that the Bahini was trained and equipped by RAW.

I read that separating east pakistan process started in 1966 around and its called as agartla conspiracy.
Few of the pakistani officers claim this

I am not so confused. I fully understand East Pakistan was lost because the leadership was not mature to handle the situation.

But accepting our mistake does not mean intervention from across the border in terms of training and weapons for terrorists. If this is the accepted norm, then Pakistan has full right to arm and support freedom fighters in occupied territory of Kashmir which is a disputed land to begin with.

What happened in East Pakistan was terrorism, pure and simple. There is no reason not to accept it otherwise. At the same time, it does not take the blame away from our leadership of handling the situation immaturely.

Of-course the state of Pakistan had every right to enforce the rule of the law. Every country does. But how far?

The language movement for instance saw some pretty extreme violence from the security forces which were for some strange reason dominated by Punjabis (any reason for this?).

I know Bengalis can be rowdy protesters, but it did not justify the level of violence used against them. That, combined with other similar tragedies are what angered the Bengalis to ultimately support the likes of Mukti Bahini.

Tell me, do these rickshawallahs look like terrorists?

They were killed by PA troops! See, this is the kind of violence I'm referring to.

Pakistan's ally, the United States failed to take any relevant action because Nixon was an idiot. It was that idiotically useless country that pressured us to hold elections. In fact, the first in our entire 24 year history.

Listen man, there are people who do all kinds of silly $hit in India before and now. But do we see their army being so heavy handed? :no:

And India remains as one today even given that is a diverse nation.

Even your ally China is ethnically diverse. And yet, no such lackluster performance from their leadership and commanders. They don't use extreme violence against people doing silly $hit.

Another ally, the United States. Did you know that some Native American tribes still fight for independence?
Native American tribe continues struggle for independence | LOCAL-TV.NET

And yet, some of America's most powerful military helicopters are named after Native American tribes. And Native Americans continue to enjoy their rights. Many Americans of European decent admit the wrongs in the past. Is there any mass-slaughter against Native Americans now? :no:

Not to mention, some of most hateful people in the US are allowed to roam free:
101006-soldier-funeral1-hmed-3a.grid-7x2.jpg

westboro-baptist-church-007-e1299144844146.jpg

Westboro Baptist Church - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ethnic diversity is something to be celebrated. Not fought over and discriminated against. And at worse killed. We like rice, fish, lungis, and our language. Deal with it.

Different political and religious views should be respected, complemented and celebrated for the nation. Not killed with.

Two of Pakistan's best friends were right in front of them as their role models. And yet for some reason, Pakistanis just couldn't see it. This similarly goes for Jamaatis and their ilks.

I think I'm presenting a fair and logical view of what actually happened.

Take care. And I wish for the best for the nation of Pakistan.

Maulana Bhashani, the greatest Bengali of all time, had in an interview given to Time Magazine basically said Bangladeshis would separate and said that we are south-east Asians like the Vietnamese and like the Vietnamese were a defiant people.

So expelling the Pakistanis was only a matter of time, however it happened so tragically with Yahya Khan's regime murdering , what most neutral sources estimate as, hundreds and thousands of people.

Could Bangladesh have separated without India?

I am not talking in military terms but ultimately if Bengalis had mobilized as a people and demanded separation they would have got it. However what they did was play by the rules, contest elections in their country and win, only for them to be told no that they could not assume power and for thugs to be sent in to butcher and murder people.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom