What's new

Lockheed Martin releases first image of new hypersonic long-range missile system

I added a picture....ow.....pretty colors..

now do you get the difference between a ballistic missile (with MaRV) vs a hypersonic glider

03.jpg

I should have added colours to my comment, perhaps then you would have read them properly. Like I invited you to do so already, engage in doing the necessary research into this topic. I think I made it clear enough that I was not talking about "just" your classical MaRVs but those which the new Iranians systems utilise can be considered as "low tier" HGVs. There are plenty of threads in the Iranian section about this, try going there and reading a little.

I should have added colours to my comment, perhaps then you would have read them properly. Like I invited you to do so already, engage in doing the necessary research into this topic. I think I made it clear enough that I was not talking about "just" your classical MaRVs but those which the new Iranians systems utilise can be considered as "low tier" HGVs. There are plenty of threads in the Iranian section about this, try going there and reading a little.

The Mach speed of a descending ballistic warhead is Mach 23. Do you know how many G's an MaRV has to pull to change its flight profile from rapid descend to level glide?
We are talking about over a 1,000 of Gs. In lay terms there is no known materials that can retain structural integrity while pulling G's at Mach 23 while simultaneously withstanding massive amounts of heat and vibration due to wave plus parasitic drag.

While an MaRV can make small changes to its trajectory and widen the engagement zone by a radius of 30-40 miles using thrust vectors it cannot transition from rapid descent to level flight.

The Mach speed of a descending ballistic warhead is Mach 23. Do you know how many G's an MaRV has to pull to change its flight profile from rapid descend to level glide?
We are talking about over a 1,000 of Gs. In lay terms there is no known materials that can retain structural integrity while pulling G's at Mach 23 while simultaneously withstanding massive amounts of heat and vibration due to wave plus parasitic drag.

While an MaRV can make small changes to its trajectory and widen the engagement zone by a radius of 30-40 miles using thrust vectors it cannot transition from rapid descent to level flight.

What are you even talking about? I have said nothing regarding a "Mach-23" missile here. For the 3rd time, go here and do some reading and then re-read my comment, this time paying attention. See below link:

If you get stuck and/or when you're ready to have an informed discussion, tag me along there.

What are you even talking about? I have said nothing regarding a "Mach-23" missile here. For the 3rd time, go here and do some reading and then re-read my comment, this time paying attention. See below link:

If you get stuck and/or when you're ready to have an informed discussion, tag me along there.

A descending ballistic missile achieves speeds of up to Mach 23. You were speaking of Iranian ballistic missiles weren't you?

A descending ballistic missile achieves speeds of up to Mach 23. You were speaking of Iranian ballistic missiles weren't you?

If you actually want to have a discussion regarding the Iranians missile that I have commented on, then you have been provided with the link as to where to go and where you can to see the exact specs of the systems in questions and also where we can discuss. Once you have actually done so, tag me in the Iranian missile thread. Here, I'll even tell you from what page to start reading:

Back
Top Bottom