What's new

CV-18 Fujian - Type 003 Aircraft Carrier News & Discussions

The PLAN can easily perform a Falkland stunt if it isn't being blocked by the USN.

Imagine if the USN was a hostile force to the Royal Navy, then i doubt the Royal Navy could sail that far to fight against Argentina. They would already get intercepted in the middle of the Ocean, while the PLAN is now facing the same problem.

The US didn't even need to be a hostile force. Under the Treaty of Reciprocal Assistance if Britain attacked the Argentine mainland we were obligated to sink her fleet.

Inter-American Treaty of Reciprocal Assistance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The UK could only attack ships out of port. That limited the war to the area around the Falklands.

It said steam catapult was ready for a few years, but electromagnetic catapult not at the moment.
Type 002's progress is based on our navy version of 5th generation fighter.

Did it mention about the Type 002 being built?

Did it mention about the Type 002 being built?
No. Just said this whole project started several years ago.
He has mentioned that the major problem could be the lagging of 5th generation fighter for navy before. What I have learnt from his talk is the biggest fault made by most people in this forum: first you have plane, and then design the AC; but not build an AC, then think about what plane you want to buy; otherwise you can not fully use of the AC platform.
By the way,shit on some bureaucracy who made the naval 5th generation fighter delayed for their private benefit.

No. Just said this whole project started several years ago.
He has mentioned that the major problem could be the lagging of 5th generation fighter for navy before. What I have learnt from his talk is the biggest fault made by most people in this forum: first you have plane, and then design the AC; but not build an AC, then think about what plane you want to buy; otherwise you can not fully use of the AC platform.
By the way,shit on some bureaucracy who made the naval 5th generation fighter delayed for their private benefit.

This is a myth, the Northern Chinese corporations such as SAC and CSIC aren't that bureaucratic, even POP3 agrees with that.

This is a myth, the Northern Chinese corporations such as SAC and CSIC aren't that bureaucratic, even POP3 agrees with that.
My deskmate in high school worked in AVIC on research of avionics, and he had a bad view toward 601.
By the way, I don't refer to SAC in this case.
As for CSIC, fault lies with Dalian government who urged private and foreign company to dig expertise from Dalian Shipyard, especially STX. Then what left? The Koreans escaped with debt and ppls lost job, while type 025Ds built by Dalian are not launched until today. Some ppls in the government should be put into jail for these faults.

My deskmate in high school worked in AVIC on research of avionics, and he had a bad view toward 601.
As for CSIC, fault lies with Dalian government who urged private and foreign company to dig expertise from Dalian Shipyard, especially STX. Then what left? The Koreans escaped with debt and ppls lost job, while type 025Ds built by Dalian are not launched until today. Some ppls in the government should be put into jail for these faults.

I know that CAC has done a better job with J-20.

CSSC is more skillful since they have successfully developed China's own C13-2 steam catapult, while even Professor Ma chose them to be his partner for the development of the EMALS.

Despite most forum members in HSH keeps bashing Dalian and other CSIC shipyards, i didn't see POP3 join this fest.

He claimed that the shipyards are not responsible, while the design institutes are.

He obviously knows a lot of information about the SSBN/SSN, but he has to keep these areas in secret.

But from the few information leaked from him, TG's SSBN/SSN seems to be in healthy development.

So i think overall CSIC isn't that bad, neither is SAC.

Am I hearing this correctly. They required expertise to work on the 025D and used Koreans?

Am I hearing this correctly. They required expertise to work on the 025D and used Koreans?

They got fooled by the Korean crooks for allowing them to invest in the Dalian shipbuilding industry, then the Koreans have messed up everything and got away with all the responsibility.

Now Dalian's shipbuilding capability (including the military one) has been severally affected by this, that's why the launch of the Type 052D and possibly with Type 001A might suffer a delay.

They got fooled by the Korean crooks for allowing them to invest in the Dalian shipbuilding industry, then the Koreans have messed up everything and got away with all the responsibility.

Now Dalian's shipbuilding capability (including the military one) has been severally affected by this, that's why the launch of the Type 052D and possibly with Type 001A might suffer a delay.

Strange because usually most countries do not allow foreigners to invest in sensitive areas. I smell someone from the ccp got a big kickback.

Specifically, what did the koreans messed up on?

Xi really need to clamp down on corruption.

Strange because usually most countries do not allow foreigners to invest in sensitive areas. I smell someone from the ccp got a big kickback.

Xi Jinping is really furious about those state-owned corporations who suffered either a bad management or corruption.

That's why the reform is a must for those state-owned corporations, it is not the privatization, but to bring them back to life with proper management and anti-corruption regulation.

They give the order of the Type 001A and Type 052D, the purpose is to restore the military shipbuilding capability of the Dalian shipyard.

The Jiangnan shipyard has not suffered a bad management like this, but they also have some stagnation in certain areas of management, so they will also follow a more efficient reform.

The Jiangnan shipyard will now handle project of the Type 002/003.

Last edited:

An expertise on ship-building takes years of training. When STX enter Dalian and set up the subsidiary of the company there, they did not take several years to train their own expertise but dig ppls from the state owned shipyard in Dalian with high salary. However, their strategy proved totally wrong now and STX Dalian was bankrupt, even STX itself was saved by Korea government at the last moment of bankrupt. Now lots of people from STX Dalian are jobless and their salary are not paid, moreover, the local government did not gain any from this investment, but STX Dalian owed local banks lots of money.
Basically, I don't understand why Dalian government induct STX there. Dalian Shipyard is a very strong shipyard and famous in the world, if the local government thought the local ship-building potency did not reach the limit, they can simply invest more to Dalian Shipyard or Liaonan Shipyard.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom