What's new

China Restricts Islam

gpit has a point there, I am also curious to know how you force people to eat.

Unless you starve them to death and make them eat...

gpit has a point there, I am also curious to know how you force people to eat.

Unless you starve them to death and make them eat...

For obvious reason(s), somebody is indulged in singling out a particular religion.

Perhaps Gpit does have a point. Perhaps the only effective way to maintain communal harmony is to put strict restrictions on religious practices.

Your best alley is at its best again....... :chilli:

You now saying stupid comments like that dont change anything just creats tension plzz dont start tension here bosss!!!!! thankyou.:tsk:

Sounds like crap.

Public praying? You mean in mosques or on roads? Forced to eat?

I'm sure the moves are tough, but they sound like a pan-religious move, not Islam specific.

They are allowing weekly sermons, I've seen some towns in America who've petitioned against the use of loudspeaker in mosques at all because they are noisy.

I see this as secularism, and not anti-religious.

Perhaps Gpit does have a point. Perhaps the only effective way to maintain communal harmony is to put strict restrictions on religious practices.

I won't care if you make your prayer in the middle of a highway with minimum speed of 45 mph. :lol:

I won't care if you make your prayer in the middle of a highway with minimum speed of 45 mph. :lol:

Perhaps not, but your government will have serious issues with me if I sport an Islamic beard, make my wife wear a burkha and make speeches about the ummah.

The point is that China considers religious activity as subversive, and tries to control and restrict it as much as possible.

I wouldn't mind if India employs some of these ideas - regularizing religious education for example.

"We must timely warn and stop religious believers from organizing and planning large scale prayer groups and prevent any large crowd incidents that could harm social stability," said a notice on the Xinhe county website cited by Agence France-Presse (AFP) on Friday, September 5.

This is the website of Xinhe county of Xinjiang Autonomous region. кÍÐÅÏ¢¸Û

"Any person caught forcing another to observe Ramadan would be punished," said a notice posted on Xinjiang's Zhaosu county website.

And this is the website of Zhaosu county of Xinjiang Autonomous region. ÕÑËÕÏØÈËÃñÕþ¸®¹«ÖÚÐÅÏ¢Íø

I really have difficulties to find the said posts on the said date. All over the place, what I find is how to make people to make money. In Zhaosu's website, I do find an article call for "anti-separatists". Anything wrong?

Please call on your Chinese versant friends to have a close exam on these sites.

Perhaps not, but your government will have serious issues with me if I sport an Islamic beard, make my wife wear a burkha and make speeches about the ummah.

The point is that China considers religious activity as subversive, and tries to control and restrict it as much as possible.

I wouldn't mind if India employs some of these ideas - regularizing religious education for example.

Assassin,

Some basic knowledge:

1) I subject to US jurisdiction. I have no Chinese government. It is my freedom to switch government, nonetheless.

2) Most Chinese do not have beard. It's given by God if you wish.

3) The fact is THERE ARE some evil-intentioned persons use religions as a tool to interfere Chinese internal affaires or to fan-up anti-China sentiment.

Rumor-mongering won't help Chinese human rights.

Assassin,

Some basic knowledge:

1) I subject to US jurisdiction. I have no Chinese government. It is my freedom to switch government, nonetheless.

Well my obvious assumption is that you are representing China on this thread, so "your government" would refer to Chinese government.

2) Most Chinese do not have beard. It's given by God if you wish.

That's besides the point.

3) The fact is THERE ARE some evil-intentioned persons use religions as a tool to interfere Chinese internal affaires or to fan-up anti-China sentiment.

Rumor-mongering won't help Chinese human rights.

Religion has been used as a political tool throughout human history, and its not surprising that China would want to control its influence.

Unfortunately, in the absence of honest communication from the Chinese, the international press is forced to resort to undercover ops or giving more credibility to Chinese dissidents.
So I really don't see why China should be complaining.

Well my obvious assumption is that you are representing China on this thread, so "your government" would refer to Chinese government...

Through out the posts, I only represent myself.

Perhaps it is good to know that you are representing Indian government. :cheesy:

The muslims/christians in china are not being burnt alive and killed like they are in india.
Rather live in china then india if was a muslim/christian.

The friday sermon being "restricted to half an hour" is a very shallow charge.....the friday sermon at my local masjid is no longer then half hour.
In Khotan, signs posted in front of the grand mosque say the weekly Friday prayer sermon must not extend beyond than a half-hour.

"Under the rules, imams are banned from teaching the Qur'an in private and only official versions of the Qur'an are allowed."

The koran is in arabic....there is only one version.

"Studying Arabic is only allowed at special government schools."

Has studing arabic been banned by the chinese...?

"Government workers are banned from showing the slightest sign of religious devotion."

Is the article saying only muslim government workers are banned or all other faiths in showing "the slightest sign of religious devotion".

"For example, a Muslim civil servant could be sacked for donning hijab."

Does the same rule apply to other faiths ,for example a christian being banned from wearing the cross?
If the rule applies to other faiths also the muslims can not really complain.
That does not mean i agree with the chinese govt policy in resriction of religious freedom.......it is weakeness in the chinese that will cost them in the long run.

Most of it are lies and twisted facts. Either you guys want to believe the stories are true or you are just too lazy to find out the truth yourself. You can easily find out on the internet a uighur man who has beard.

Why do you always hear complains from Uighurs while not from majority of other Islamic groups in China? That's because some of Uighurs are separatists and want their claims justified. Uighurs are about one tenth of Chinese muslim population.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom