What's new

As Chinese imports boom, what happened to Modi’s ‘self-reliant’ India?

siegecrossbow

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
China

India has introduced a slew of measures this year designed to curb China’s economic presence in the country – from banning hundreds of mobile apps to restricting Chinese investments – but for many Indian traders like 31-year-old Sameer Thadani, reducing their dependence on Chinese imports is proving more of a challenge.

Thadani’s company, Sentai Metals, imports fittings such as locks, chains and buckles from China that are used to produce high-end luxury bags, which are ultimately exported to Europe. He said he fears clients would “walk away” if he opted to offer India-made alternatives instead.

Indian fittings are not able to match the quality of Chinese fittings. If the fittings look shabby, the whole look of the bag is ruined,” he said. “Would you feel like using a bag if the metallic brand logo on it was scratched out?

What kind of crappy metal are they using so that even the metal logo can get scratched out?

In fact, export commodities to meet the needs and preferences of customers.

The lamps used in Diwali, which China exports to India, are all manufactured according to the preferences of Indian consumers.

I have never seen an Indian product in China that an individual consumer can find. We don't need cow dung products. For example, cow dung lamps, which are not fit Chinese consumers.

Sadly, I can't even think of what I need, as an average consumer, that is made in India.

I've never ever bought a safety pin made from India.

At this point I would argue that India is a lot cause sadly. I used to have some hope in India but no more.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom