What's new

Anka Vs Heron

Turkey (Turkish Aerospace Industries) with the TAI Anka is the only European government to have developed and successfully tested a Medium Altitude Long Endurance (MALE) UAV of its own and accordingly has gained significant experience with the development of larger long endurance UAV platforms. The TAI Anka made its debut at the 2010 Farnborough air show and is scheduled to enter service with the Turkish Air Force in early 2012.Turkey signs up as Talarion partner
Don't underestimate Turkey's capabilities. Furthermore we assist the French in their Tolarion, which is actually a big deal.

I don't know if we can compete with the Heron right now, and i doubt it (be realistic). But i am confident that we will be one of the few countries to export MALE UAV's in the coming decade, along with Israel and USA.

I think Anka will be as good as heron but not as good as Eitan which is understandable as Israel have started earlier , but we are also working on armed Anka

Sorry
but this is Bullshit Anka has maybe the same Range like the Herons due the lack of Satcom capability.

Another Fanboy article.

Actually some Heron-1 have satcom

Heron_UAV_2009.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
With their advanced Western Standard electro-optical payloads, American, Israeli and Turkish developed MALE UAVs are considered the most advanced in the world. These countries hold a large market share of the MALE UAV market.
Some examples of MALE UAV systems are:
Aeronautics Defense Dominator (Israel)
IAI Heron (Israel)
TAI Anka (Turkey)
EADS Harfang (Licenced produced IAI Heron)
MQ-1 Predator (USA)
Scaled Composites Model 395 (USA)
Chengdu Pterodactyl I (China)
EADS Talarion (European Union and Turkey)
DRDO Rustom (India)
Medium-altitude long-endurance unmanned aerial vehicle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Anka is also 100% turkish made TAI .

But nothing is really 100% made , some parts are bought from other countries thats normal .

Im sure israel bought some screws or something from outside :rofl:

Turkey (Turkish Aerospace Industries) with the TAI Anka is the only European government to have developed and successfully tested a Medium Altitude Long Endurance (MALE) UAV of its own and accordingly has gained significant experience with the development of larger long endurance UAV platforms. The TAI Anka made its debut at the 2010 Farnborough air show and is scheduled to enter service with the Turkish Air Force in early 2012.Turkey signs up as Talarion partner
Don't underestimate Turkey's capabilities. Furthermore we assist the French in their Tolarion, which is actually a big deal.

I don't know if we can compete with the Heron right now, and i doubt it (be realistic). But i am confident that we will be one of the few countries to export MALE UAV's in the coming decade, along with Israel and USA.

You dont assist French

what was signed is Memorandum of understanding, it is nothing more than saying we are interested to investigate further the idea of two bodies cooperation in the future.

EADS Backs Away From Talarion UAV

EADS had interest in cooperation with Turkey is cash flow to Talarion project not knowledge.

who knows may be PDF needs a kindergarten section for kids to play and to pick their pink dresses?

Israeli drone program is mature and they have very good machines.

ANKA is good platform one of the best and it will improve by the time like armed version is under construction ANKA-B. :)

You dont assist French

what was signed is Memorandum of understanding, it is nothing more than saying we are interested to investigate further the idea of two bodies cooperation in the future.

EADS had interest in cooperation with Turkey is cash flow to Talarion project not knowledge.

There are monetary reasons to make Turkey a partner of Talarion indeed but Turkey's TAI joined Talarion as risk-share partner from design to final assembly actively and TAI's share all is %25 alogn with French and German contribution. Nobody gives such a huge share If the knowledge level of the partner mentioned isn't trusted. I mean TAI has a respectable knowledge and experience level to join into such international programs.

No need to mention ANKA MALE program. It is all clear with specifications and Trials will be completed in a short time and Serial production for Final 10 ANKA-A will be commenced in this year, While some part of ANKA-A will be early delivered to army (final 3 prototype whose weight has been decreased).

At present, TAI is developing HALE Anka which will have a weight around 5 tonnes, powered with turbine engines. The HALE anka will have a payload around 1 tonnes. TAI manager underlined that With an accelerated development schedule thanks to experience taken from ANKA-A program, The trials of HALE ANKA will be commenced until 2016. Development of such a strategic UAV will boost the capability level of Turkish Army and Along with it, Thaks to Such a strategic UAV product range that Less countries can develop, TAI will really be a hard rival for USA and Israel to compete at int. markets.

both are gr8 machines but i would go more with the Turkish capabilities

They simply have more "Real war" experience.........after all the so called Israel was once Turkiesh property.

technical specifications doesn't mean much

Anka has a superior sensor array, it lacks SATCOM but most of the syestems are automated. Under jamming and electronic warfare conditions she can still preform the given task and return to base safe and sound. Live streaming would be interrupted though...

And @cabatli i love the way they manipulate masses :) "trubine engine" what trubine? turbofan or turboprop?

It's just sickens me with thrill and joy :)

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom